Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your March 2022 Photos!

PreviousPage 10 of 11Next

After a string of relatively warm days and sunshine we had a surprise snow and terribly cold temperatures. I shared the same feeling as these flowers when the cold made a comeback.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP8402.jpg
Tristan Carlos, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosJustin TungGawadkcphotogeek
Quote from JBP on March 30, 2022, 1:55 pm

After a string of relatively warm days and sunshine we had a surprise snow and terribly cold temperatures. I shared the same feeling as these flowers when the cold made a comeback.

Cool mix of spring coming in and surprise snow! Hopefully it goes away soon 🙂 I've been enjoying the warm weather here in Texas finally 🙂 Not that it ever got that cold by y'alls standards lol

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on March 30, 2022, 8:16 pm

Cool mix of spring coming in and surprise snow! Hopefully it goes away soon 🙂 I've been enjoying the warm weather here in Texas finally 🙂 Not that it ever got that cold by y'alls standards lol

Yes, I love the snow but I'm officially ready for warm weather. I've been experimenting with in-camera development again... I was trying to replicate SATOBI in my K-3. I'm not sure if I got there, but I do feel like this image better reflects how I and the flowers felt about the surprise cold wave. haha

I used bleach bypass with red tones selected and saturation and contrast all the way down.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP8690.jpg
Quote from JBP on March 30, 2022, 9:05 pm

Yes, I love the snow but I'm officially ready for warm weather. I've been experimenting with in-camera development again... I was trying to replicate SATOBI in my K-3. I'm not sure if I got there, but I do feel like this image better reflects how I and the flowers felt about the surprise cold wave. haha

I used bleach bypass with red tones selected and saturation and contrast all the way down.

Way more somber with those muted tones! And that looks pretty close to me. I haven't actually used SATOBI much since my first week playing with it. Well, I haven't been shooting a whole lot either so maybe that's why 😉

A few more:

Off through the trees by Snappiness, on Flickr

Sleepy owl 🙂 by Snappiness, on Flickr

Now some Canon PowerShot Pro1 images, which is just such a delightful camera to shoot. Actually, using the camera itself isn't much of a special treat, it's just the files.

Sunrise over rock by Snappiness, on Flickr

Blue bonnets by Snappiness, on Flickr

Tristan Carlos, Gawad and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosGawaddenniscrommettJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on March 31, 2022, 1:03 am

Way more somber with those muted tones! And that looks pretty close to me. I haven't actually used SATOBI much since my first week playing with it. Well, I haven't been shooting a whole lot either so maybe that's why 😉

A few more:

Now some Canon PowerShot Pro1 images, which is just such a delightful camera to shoot. Actually, using the camera itself isn't much of a special treat, it's just the files.

The Powershot takes some great images. I've always liked Canon's tones and colors. Is that the same owl in both pictures? Did the shutter sound wake him up? "Aww man, the paparazzi is out early today." 😆

Played around a bit with black backdrops. Still in the testing phase but I'm really liking the results. here's a shot of a Pentax Q.

...one Pentax Q, black. by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosJustin TungdenniscrommettJBP

Some more with my trusty old 55-300 DA L.

IMGP8535 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8633 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8763 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8774 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8823 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Justin Tung, Gawad and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommett
Quote from JBP on March 31, 2022, 1:39 pm
Quote from James Warner on March 31, 2022, 1:03 am

A few more:

The Powershot takes some great images. I've always liked Canon's tones and colors. Is that the same owl in both pictures? Did the shutter sound wake him up? "Aww man, the paparazzi is out early today." 😆

Lol, no different owls but same morning. I believe one is female and one is male. Owls are funny in that the two look the same, with the main difference between the female is larger. I got a bird book from the library 😄

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

Impressive product shot of the Q @heggendazs! You are really developing in your product shooting abilities. The black backdrop looks really slick and stylish.

Great nature shots @jbp I always love seeing angel rays or whatever those are called with the sunshine 🙂

HeggenDazs and JBP have reacted to this post.
HeggenDazsJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

Man, so much great stuff! In the waning hours of March, I thought I'd share a few photos from last weekend. There are a few fire towers around here you can hike (or drive close) to, and I hadn't checked this one out yet, at the DAR ("Daughters of the American Revolution") State Forest in Goshen, MA. Anyway, I won't claim that these are great photos or anything, but I figured you all might enjoy seeing a little sequence of photos, since I know/assume we all do this kinda thing, look for cool places to go and shoot (or just be outside). Shot with the Fuji X100F.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF1287-4.jpg
  • DSCF1278-2.jpg
  • DSCF1280-3.jpg
  • DSCF1275-1.jpg
Justin Tung, HeggenDazs and JBP have reacted to this post.
Justin TungHeggenDazsJBP
PreviousPage 10 of 11Next