Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your March 2022 Photos!

Page 1 of 11Next

Hi everyone! Figured I'd kick this off as I should have some stuff, hopefully. Sometime today, currently learning how to properly focus stack and then I'll share results!

Justin Tung and JBP have reacted to this post.
Justin TungJBP

ooo, exciting. I still have never successfully focus stacked. Which is funny given how much I love landscapes and that's a common technique there too. I tried once, realized I didn't take enough pictures, and haven't tried again xD Doesn't help I am too lazy to ever take my tripod...

Thanks for making the thread. I'm always beaten to it. That's how I like it 🙂

Here's two cardinal shots from this morning. Same cardinal, different angles.

Cardinal by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommettTSTSJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on March 2, 2022, 9:54 pm

ooo, exciting. I still have never successfully focus stacked. Which is funny given how much I love landscapes and that's a common technique there too. I tried once, realized I didn't take enough pictures, and haven't tried again xD Doesn't help I am too lazy to ever take my tripod...

Thanks for making the thread. I'm always beaten to it. That's how I like it 🙂

Here's two cardinal shots from this morning. Same cardinal, different angles.

Those are great! Looks like he is really enjoying the sunrise. 😄

I finally got one! It's still very much a learning process and shooting cameras with big shiny flash bowls make for a difficult subject because they show everything in front of the dang thing. But after trial and error I think I have one that I'm comfortable sharing.

Kodak Duaflex IV by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, TSTS and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceTSTSJBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on March 3, 2022, 11:14 pm

I finally got one! It's still very much a learning process and shooting cameras with big shiny flash bowls make for a difficult subject because they show everything in front of the dang thing. But after trial and error I think I have one that I'm comfortable sharing.

Kodak Duaflex IV by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

That does sound challenging, but worth the effort. Great job, such a cool old camera. Is this in your studio? The background is perfect. 👌

Here's some more Helios love, another camera JPEG (I just can't get it to look the same in Lightroom). Colors. 😍

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP6393.JPG
HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs

Great sunset pic! How has the Helios been treating you?

Quote from HeggenDazs on March 4, 2022, 12:36 am

Great sunset pic! How has the Helios been treating you?

Thank you! I thought about cropping out the power line but for whatever reason this lens makes me want to just roll with the pictures as they come. The Helios has quickly become my favorite prime. Nothing else I have has so much character. I love that its flaws just make it all the better (like those blade reflections in the Helios thread...technically a fault but woah it's awesome). The most unique and rewarding lens I've ever used, for sure. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! 😁

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs

Jinx on the focus stacking… I just did it for the first time (successfully) a few days ago myself!

Sunflower macro by Amy Hoy, on Flickr

Your camera came out perfect, @heggendazs. Was your goal in focus-stacking to shoot wide open to blur the background?

@james-warner-b, it really is a PITA. I tried it, outside, hand-held but the alignment was waaay off. Definitely worth trying again on a tripod if you didn't!

HeggenDazs and TSTS have reacted to this post.
HeggenDazsTSTS

Pentax released their new JPEG profile SATOBI to the K-1 last night, so I updated firmware and took a few test shots in the backyard with the SMC Pentax 50mm f1.2.

It's actually kind of cool because this is the first JPEG profile... really ever. Over the basic ones, like bright, natural, portrait, vibrant. Interesting that they thought the demand high enough with people getting into things like fuji's profiles to make one.

SATOBI by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommettTSTS
Happy snappin' 🙂

@ahoyhere yeah basically my plan was to get a large subject all in focus while keeping the background decently in the bokeh. This just turned into headaches as I tried to figure out focus stacking. I did eventually get a grasp on it but I received my backdrop paper so I just kinda went “oh no! Looks like I don’t have to do all this work after all.” 😂 And went to f/16 to capture the whole camera on the paper. I’ll give it another go at some point.

@james-warner-b that looks interesting. If I had to try and describe that jpeg profile, maybe like color graded or something like that? It looks like a still from a show or movie. They only released it in the K-1? I’ll have upgrade mine tonight and have a go with that jpeg profile.

Page 1 of 11Next