Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your June Photos (2024)

Page 1 of 3Next

I've been sitting on a backlog because of exams and moving to Linux so I have a ton of photos at the start of the month. Luckily darktable works just as well on Linux (or better in my case) so editing wasn't a hassle.

IMG43399 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43400 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43401 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43402 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43404 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43410 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43411 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43413 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43414 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43420 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43424 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43425 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43426 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43430 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

IMG43433 by lillie lillie, on Flickr

One of these days I'll make a script to fetch the flickr post BB tags without the extra text

James Warner, kcphotogeek and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerkcphotogeekgroverCory MabenKamera Brand
Quote from lil ie on June 1, 2024, 7:00 pm

One of these days I'll make a script to fetch the flickr post BB tags without the extra text

Here is a quick and dirty solution https://regex101.com/r/7IXOD4/1
Top box you paste the BBCode and bottom box it should print it without the extra text.

Went on a walk today and decided to bring the K-1 along. I forgot how tough it is to shoot in flat light. But I'm really happy with the photo of the Tesla.

MFP_0288 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0297 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

I also took my MZ-S out tonight and I have a few thoughts about how much I underrated that camera, but I'll talk about that more once I get that roll developed.

grover has reacted to this post.
grover
Quote from Cory Maben on June 5, 2024, 8:49 am

Went on a walk today and decided to bring the K-1 along. I forgot how tough it is to shoot in flat light. But I'm really happy with the photo of the Tesla.

I also took my MZ-S out tonight and I have a few thoughts about how much I underrated that camera, but I'll talk about that more once I get that roll developed.

The Tesla shot is cool. The light matches the car somehow.

Please do share about the MZ-S. I've had my eye on them for a long time. I remember something about plastic gear failure and later production runs having a brass gear or something.

Just one today, but it is one I'm really happy with. Taken in an old railway works former carriage works, which will be used as an exhibition location for an Art Fringe I'm curating an exhibition for later this month.

grover, lil ie and Cory Maben have reacted to this post.
groverlil ieCory Maben

Some shots taken around my neighbourhood last weekend on the Nikon J1 w/Nikkor 1 10-30mm. Really enjoying the little camera I'm tempted to get the 30-110mm for this system also

Uploaded files:
  • NikJ1060124-017.jpg
  • NikJ1060124-016.jpg
  • NikJ1060124-010.jpg
  • NikJ1060124-003.jpg
  • NikJ1060124-015.jpg
grover, lil ie and Cory Maben have reacted to this post.
groverlil ieCory Maben
Kieran
Quote from grover on June 6, 2024, 7:44 pm
Quote from Cory Maben on June 5, 2024, 8:49 am

The Tesla shot is cool. The light matches the car somehow.

Please do share about the MZ-S. I've had my eye on them for a long time. I remember something about plastic gear failure and later production runs having a brass gear or something.

Thanks! I also really like the light in that shot.

I wanted the MZ-S because I wanted an autofocus film body and I wanted something to have a different film stock in. It turns out that 36 exposures is quite a lot and often my film sits in my camera for two or three weeks usually. I also found the stuff about the plastic gear and I was initially put off. Allegedly the bodies with a serial number starting with a 5 have the brass gear, but the only time I ever saw someone open the camera and look it was a 4 camera and had a brass gear in combination with only ever finding a couple of people even talking about the gear failing. It's not digital, so I'm not going to be putting 15k shots a year on it or anything and it's not even my main SLR, so I decided to just buy one and not worry about it.

As a camera it's really nice. The body is very compact and with a small prime makes it very discrete. The autofocus feels just as good as my K-1, very quick and snappy. Combined with the size it makes a great street camera or a camera you could take out to a restaurant or whatever and not draw a lot of attention. The control setup is so simple that it was initially confusing, but once I got use to it I really enjoyed it and made me a little sad that it never was successful enough to see more refinement. Mine came with the battery grip, which I think really makes it far more comfortable in less discrete shooting situations and allows you to use AA batteries, which is nice.

New James video features the GB camera, coincidentally the day before I was trying to emulate the look and I made this picture.

Uploaded files:
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.png
James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner

There's been a pair of owls living in our backyard for a while now, and we've only really been able to see them at dawn or dusk. However, I finally was able to get a picture of one of them!

I think it's a Barred Owl?

James Warner and lil ie have reacted to this post.
James Warnerlil ie
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from lil ie on June 9, 2024, 9:54 am

New James video features the GB camera, coincidentally the day before I was trying to emulate the look and I made this picture.

That's cool! 

Quote from Justin Tung on June 9, 2024, 3:31 pm

There's been a pair of owls living in our backyard for a while now, and we've only really been able to see them at dawn or dusk. However, I finally was able to get a picture of one of them!

I think it's a Barred Owl?

I love owls. You're fortunate! I think in some cultures seeing an owl is a bad omen, but I think it's a good sign 🙂 Yes, that's a barred owl.

lil ie has reacted to this post.
lil ie
Happy snappin' 🙂
Page 1 of 3Next