Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 8 of 8
Quote from kcphotogeek on June 30, 2022, 2:26 pm

Some more IR photos with the Ricoh GXR S10, a bit more sunshine this time. I can see this camera becoming part of my street photography setup, will look into getting the A12 28mm converted perhaps. I have another weird setup I'll share in July

These look so good. Infrared is so fun! I keep meaning to take my Sony F-828 out again for some infrared. It's a lot more practical than my Sigma SD14, which while it has the removable hot mirror, is a DSLR, so things have to be prefocused and composed, then attach whatever filter you want (720nm, 850nm, etc) then take the shot. And to keep composition means to do all that on a tripod. Hard to do with my kiddos running around and getting bored quickly, but I will get around to trying it out on subjects more than the backyard 🙂

Quote from SpruceBruce on July 1, 2022, 7:28 am

K-1 and SMC M 28mm F2.8, I’m getting a lot of purple fringing with this lens on my K-1, especially shooting into the sun.  I’m starting to wonder if I have a bad copy or the coating is just starting to degrade....never had a problem on my film SLRs.

I think some level of that must be normal - it is older coatings after all. But I don't recall having any bad issues on mine that way. Nothing that bothered me anyway, and bad purple fringing usually bothers me a lot. In any case, really nice photos. Looks like you've had some nice outings recently 🙂

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek
Happy snappin' 🙂

State Park by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Doorknob by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

What Lie Ahead by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Under New Management by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Intruder by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

The Sentinel by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

You Know What's Funnier Than 24? by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Ghostly Cart by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

to wrap June here's my collection of photos that I just cranked out this week. Currently working on a series for my local art center of attractions in the area, so these are the last bit of "non-cohesive" shots I'll probably do for a bit. The rest will be local businesses, buildings, people and events.

SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBP

So there was this event in the UK at the end of June. I usually go to a race in France, a 5h drive from home. Which is nice and has modern cars. But this time I was able to join what is known as the Goodwood Festival of Speed, which is an event that has hundreds and hundreds of modern and classic cars and specially race cars and it is a massive event in the UK.

Shame is as for us (three guys from different locations in Spain) we were not able to get full media access. What do I mean with that? I mean that we were requested for an insurance covering damages up to 5 million GBP and this does not exists in Spain, in order to get a tabard. So with no tabard we were not able to join the best spots and off the 3 days in 2 of them we were kicked out at some point from a location where we were supposed to be able to be there, told by the Media Center crew.

Anyways, my excitement for this event was that Nigel Mansell Formula 1 1992 World Champion and 1993 Indycar World Champion will join the event. Being Nigel the one driver I have admired since child I was hoping to be able to meet him and chat with him or at least have a good photo of him and maybe with him. That was never meant to be. This is a guy that doesn't do many public appareances and the last thing I knew about him is that he was living in Florida I believe.

This year 2022 marks the 30th anniversary of his Formula 1 title and the theme of the event was the "Mansell Mania" 30 years later. Which was a massive movement in the UK back in 1992 and before. So Nigel was supposed to run at least two of his Formula 1 cars, specially his 1992 title winner car. I was never able to see him drive it as we were walking to locations while he was driving it, to try to catch him up with no such luck.

Anyways the event is nice, it's full of fantastic cars, and packed with people every single day.

Here I'd like to share some images I like
This is the man itself, now 68 years old

_IMG0367 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Goodwood has a rally stage and a hillclimb track. It's most known by the hill climb track, but the rally stage was also fun

_IMG0245 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

If you are from the USA you might know some of these riders from the 80's and 90's. Leading the pack is Wayne Rainey 3 times 500cc world champion, with Kenny Roberts, Mick Doohan and Kevin Schwantz riding along him to celebrate Wayne's first time riding this bike again (Wayne had a bad accident in 1993 and since then on he is sitting on a wheel chair)

_IMG5653 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

There were really old cars there (i have no idea of this one's name)

_IMG6404 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

That is a 1998 or 2000 I don't remember well, Nissan Primera from the BTCC Championship. That was the British Touring Car Championship and in that decade in the 80's 90's and 2000's it was it's peak

_IMG6588 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

One of Michael Schumacher's Ferrari Formula 1 at display (i believe it was a replica as it never run)

_IMG7122 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Here an old McLaren Formula 1 from the 1980s. That shot was taken between many heads in the spectators area (as the first one also was) due to the lack of Media access....

_IMG7134 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Nigel Mansell downhilling the Hill Climb in his Ferrari 639 from 1989 I believe. Here you can see the famous Goodwood bridge at the back

_IMG7744 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And here Nigel now running uphilling (the way the event goes) in the same car

_IMG8025 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Damon Hill 1996 Formula 1 World Champion and son of Graham Hill also Formula 1 World Champion from the 1960's who also raced the Indy 500 (i'm not sure but I think he won the Indy 500) (yes he won the Indy 500 in 1966, the 24H of Le Mans in 1972 and Formula 1 World Champion in 1962 and 1968 which makes Graham the only driver to have done that) in one of, i believe, his father's cars.

_IMG8120 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

That is just a piece of art

_IMG8741 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Back into the Rally Stage, there were cars from Colin McRae (big star of Rally who sadly passed away) and I was able to catch this picture of his Ford Focus WRC Martini

_IMG9201 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Now, in the same stage Rally Dakar winner Nasser Al-Attiyah was racing this massive "truck"

_IMG9143 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Here Nasser himself, I just asked him to take a portrait of him quickly

_IMG9020 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Here again Nigel Mansell on Sunday getting ready to sit in his 1992 Williams FW14B-Renault Formula 1 car. What I like from the picture is that you can see Nigel, you can see the car and you can see his helmet there. This was shooten by the spectators area. We should have been able to join where he was standing but......

_IMG9280 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And that is it, most likely i might have screwed it again pasting twice or more the same picture, I wish I haven't done this mistake again xD

Oh, all of those taken with Pentax K3 and K3-II plus Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 and I got my Sigma 100-300mm f4 back from the workshop so I was testing it out there. It worked great. (this recent weekend I went to another event and it failed again, but that is another story for another moment xD)

I hope you like the images 😀

kcphotogeek and grover have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekgrover
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from red5isalive on July 3, 2022, 8:21 pm

So there was this event in the UK at the end of June.

Wow I really enjoyed this post. Beautiful photos and commentary. A few household names there from my childhood.

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Quote from grover on July 3, 2022, 8:43 pm
Quote from red5isalive on July 3, 2022, 8:21 pm

So there was this event in the UK at the end of June.

Wow I really enjoyed this post. Beautiful photos and commentary. A few household names there from my childhood.

Thank you very much 🙂
I guess then we are the same age or similar 😛

painterly has reacted to this post.
painterly
Quote from grover on June 9, 2022, 5:11 am

Was out for an evening rip on my bike.

Not spectacular photos but with all this talk of pocket cameras I thought I'd share these. They were taken with my Fuji XF1 (fits in my pocket nicely)

Well i don't agree. I find them very beautiful.

grover has reacted to this post.
grover
PreviousPage 8 of 8