Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 6 of 8Next

Nikon Z7 & Tamron 150-600.  Fagen Fighters WWII Museum in Granite Falls, MN.  They had a memorial airshow this past Saturday.

Uploaded files:
  • FNK_4162.jpg
  • FNK_4408.jpg
  • FNK_4494-1.jpg
  • FNK_4238.jpg
  • FNK_4279.jpg
HeggenDazs, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeggenDazsJBPgroverBart Kerste

Hey all, I'm woefully behind in looking at and liking what seems like a ton of great June photos, and some great topics I see over on the right! I've been stupidly busy, but this past week my wife and I took a last minute trip for a few nights and went out to Cape Cod, about 3 hours east of me here in MA. So, before diving into everyone's photos, I thought I'd share a few; just trying to capture the desolate beauty of the outer Cape. In the first photo, there were seals popping their heads up as the full moon started to show itself. Hope you enjoy! Taken with my Fuji X100F.

Uploaded files:
  • dc-cape-web-.jpg
  • dc-cape-web-5.jpg
  • dc-cape-web-4.jpg
  • dc-cape-web-fence.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceHeggenDazskcphotogeekJBPgroverBart Kerste
Quote from Lim on June 19, 2022, 1:58 pm

One of my first attempts at bug photography. Olympus Em10 II with 60mm 2.8 macro. Unedditted

Nicely done. That camera and lens is a great combo. One of my favorite lenses to handle, feels like quality and the IQ is outstanding.

Quote from denniscrommett on June 21, 2022, 2:56 am

Hey all, I'm woefully behind in looking at and liking what seems like a ton of great June photos, and some great topics I see over on the right! I've been stupidly busy, but this past week my wife and I took a last minute trip for a few nights and went out to Cape Cod, about 3 hours east of me here in MA. So, before diving into everyone's photos, I thought I'd share a few; just trying to capture the desolate beauty of the outer Cape. In the first photo, there were seals popping their heads up as the full moon started to show itself. Hope you enjoy! Taken with my Fuji X100F.

Same here! I need a good photography outing. When life gets so busy I start to leave the camera gear behind. Hands are full, kid is screaming, we're late and after all there's a smart phone in my pocket for snap shots and video... Then the sadness I feel when I'm taking a photo with my cell phone.😢 haha

That looks like it was a great trip. It's gorgeous out there. The soft gradient of pink and blue in the sky is sooo nice. I've heard of Cape Cod plenty of times but never appreciated what it is. Someday I'll have to plan a visit. 🙂

SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommett

A few shots I've taken on the Bronica this month.

Flying The Coop by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Flipped Off by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekJBP

been mostly shooting film the last few months. I wanted to take a break from digital because I kept seeing myself being in a rush to compose and not taking my time to get the shot I really wanted. I don't know if it's helping but I really feel like I've had more thoughtful, deeply inspired shots lately.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on June 21, 2022, 3:44 pm

been mostly shooting film the last few months. I wanted to take a break from digital because I kept seeing myself being in a rush to compose and not taking my time to get the shot I really wanted. I don't know if it's helping but I really feel like I've had more thoughtful, deeply inspired shots lately.

I'll vouch for that experience too.  Pentax 6x7 is my medium format go to, so I only get 10 images per roll, and with 120 film price hikes that's definitely reinforcing discipline.  I try to make every shot count for sure.  I sometimes bring a smaller 35mm camera to compliment my medium format, to shoot a B-roll or a composition that wasn't in my original goal that day, that may or may not turn out okay.

A local train depot, that has a garden layout and has been turned into a historical society.  K1 and Super Takumar 50 F/1.4 & SMC A 35-105 F/3.5

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP1943.jpg
  • IMGP1977.jpg
  • IMGP1972.jpg
  • IMGP1969.jpg
  • IMGP1987.jpg
James Warner, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerdenniscrommettJBPgrover
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 21, 2022, 9:40 pm
Quote from HeggenDazs on June 21, 2022, 3:44 pm

I'll vouch for that experience too.  Pentax 6x7 is my medium format go to, so I only get 10 images per roll, and with 120 film price hikes that's definitely reinforcing discipline.  I try to make every shot count for sure.  I sometimes bring a smaller 35mm camera to compliment my medium format, to shoot a B-roll or a composition that wasn't in my original goal that day, that may or may not turn out okay.

A local train depot, that has a garden layout and has been turned into a historical society.  K1 and Super Takumar 50 F/1.4 & SMC A 35-105 F/3.5

Love those detail shots! I hear good things about that 35-105 but still have not tried it.

Some shots from this week:

Look Up by Snappiness, on Flickr

Little Plant by Snappiness, on Flickr

Dragon Fly by Snappiness, on Flickr

I've been shooting my $12 Pentax PC35AF these past two weeks. Need to develop those rolls and see if the camera ain't broke 😀

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPgrover
Happy snappin' 🙂

Hello! Just found the forum after watching some Ricoh GR reviews on YouTube. 🙂 I rented a GR III and a Fuji X-E4 at the start of the month to see what I would prefer over my old Canon DSLR gear that I never take out anymore (I have a toddler, so the bulk/weight didn't go well with wrangling her!).

I landed on the Fuji and a little 15-45 zoom as I fell in love with the film recipes (I started shooting Velvia 25+ ago when I got into photography). I also picked up a Samyang 12mm f/2 to try my had at Astrophotography for an upcoming trip, but ended up getting a fun wide-angle flower shot at home! I haven't shot ultra wide angle since my film days, so I'm excited to play with this lens and see what other fun shots I can grab!

Here are some photos from my tinkering this month. Sunset taken with the 15-45, 44mm, ISO 800, f/20, 1/27sec. Flower with the 12mm, f/2, ISO 640, 1/100s, both with Velvia simulation.

Uploaded files:
  • snap-1.jpeg
  • snap-2.jpeg
SpruceBruce, JBP and grover have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPgrover

Hello Everyone I’ve a confession to make I bought more gear, bless my gassy soul. I was looking for GXR case as I want to bring the 24-85mm module to work sometimes as I’ll mostly be walking to/from the office. No luck on the case, but eBay had on top of the nearly matched search items a GXR S10 24-72 IR converted module for 50USD. I’m only human so I pounced.

It arrived yesterday, wasn’t sunny at all here  but that didn’t stop me running outside like a giddy overgrown child.

See some pictures below, pretty happy with the images. I even uploaded a stop motion YouTube short of the unboxing (truly through the giddy looking glass now people). If anyone has any IR photography tips please let me know

Uploaded files:
  • 021614ED-424C-4758-A5E1-7F3676D8897F.jpeg
  • 21F4BBD2-6291-4DDC-8C88-EB5B9EC5CA86.jpeg
  • D996C79F-6D24-4236-A4D8-C2B12DC772CD.jpeg
SpruceBruce, JBP and grover have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPgrover
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on June 24, 2022, 7:39 am

Hello Everyone I’ve a confession to make I bought more gear, bless my gassy soul. I was looking for GXR case as I want to bring the 24-85mm module to work sometimes as I’ll mostly be walking to/from the office. No luck on the case, but eBay had on top of the nearly matched search items a GXR S10 24-72 IR converted module for 50USD. I’m only human so I pounced.

It arrived yesterday, wasn’t sunny at all here  but that didn’t stop me running outside like a giddy overgrown child.

See some pictures below, pretty happy with the images. I even uploaded a stop motion YouTube short of the unboxing (truly through the giddy looking glass now people). If anyone has any IR photography tips please let me know

Hahaha, I laughed reading your post.

Bless both our glass souls then.... I just bought a second Tamron 70-200 f2.8. Why? It makes no rational sense. "It was a smoking deal" is all I can come up with.

IR looks fun! cool photos

SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBP
PreviousPage 6 of 8Next