Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 4 of 8Next

Cedar Waxwings

DSC_3796 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

DSC_3886 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

James Warner, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerdenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBP
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 10, 2022, 5:00 pm

Attempting Macro with a 1970s Nikkor 35mm F2.8 & 22mm extension tube stack up paired with my Fuji Finepix Pro S2.  A few decent shots with the constraints of a 2002 CCD sensor, no VR, small viewfinder, and risk of highlight blowout, best way to challenge your skills.  Keeper rate definitely is subpar lol.

Beautiful colors 🙂 Green and pinks are nice complimentary colors. Impressed you got anything in focus with that setup. Doing that kind of setup on an older DSLR can be tricky.

Quote from KankRat on June 12, 2022, 11:01 pm

Speaking of water snakes, I love these guys!  They are so easy to photograph.  None of my shots are ever posed, they would not put up with it.  The hardest part is I don't have a flippy screen on my camera so I literally have put my ear to the ground to get these shots.

DSC_3906 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Great shot! Getting down was definitely worth it. That eye contact and pose is perfect.

To continue the wildlife theme, here's a lizard taken on my Sigma SD14 and my new-to-me Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro.

KankRat, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatBeau CarpenterkcphotogeekJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from grover on June 9, 2022, 5:27 am

Unashamed use of HDR. Technically these photo were taken in May but I just got around to processing them.

These were taken hand-held with three bracketed shots.

I don't always resort to HDR but I find it useful when I'm constrained to shooting in broad daylight (like when I'm on holidays trying not to annoy my wife and kids).

Great photos, nice use of colour contrast in the Non HDR photos too

Kieran

Been super busy this last month but it's been nice catching up on all the great photos everyone has been. Took two of my Lumix cameras (GF9 and GX80) out last weekend. Will be selling one or both of these, so this is kind of a trial/testing everything is working. Haven't decided which I'm selling yet, they both have their strengths (the video on the GX80 is fantastic)

The pics below are taken with the GF9 (AKA GX800/850). It's a nice little camera I bought a few months ago in less than perfect condition (5400PHP, about 100USD) but fixed the rear dial and the screen now sit properly against the camera. I have been trying to simplify my gear and thought this paired with my 15mm F1.7 could replace the GRIII...nope. GR III has amazing IQ and will not be getting sold. (Yes you read right I tried to simplify my gear by buying more...don't take any advice from me)

But the GF9 even with the 12-32mm kit still gets some nice results (the tree stump pic shows this nicely), and as I'm in my mid 40s now I'm starting to appreciate smaller and lighter.

A note on the "rare" selfie below, masks are still mandatory here in the Philippines, hopefully that will change soon hi temps/humidity plus masks are no fun especially when you lived your first 40 years in Ireland's cooler climate.

Uploaded files:
  • P1130029.jpg
  • P1130051.jpg
  • P1130058.jpg
  • P1130067.jpg
  • P1130073.jpg
SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommettJBP
Kieran

To continue the wildlife theme, here's a lizard taken on my Sigma SD14 and my new-to-me Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro.

Cool lens! Comes in a K-mount?

I need a camera with a flippy touch screen. I'm getting too old and decrepid to be contorting in those positions, or maybe just need some yoga.

Yeah, it makes a huge difference. I feel like scrolling thru social media most wildlife stuff is the same thing regurgitated. I am trying to figure out ways to do something different and you rarely see people do anything but shoot from a standing position.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBP

Here's a big compilation of what I've been working on! It's a real mishmash.

Underpass II by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Free Book by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

God's Rays by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Fresh Coat Of Paint by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Bricks by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Knock Three Times by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

the last three are from a roll of film that I thought would be a total pain in the butt to process but turns out, it's not such a big deal. CMS 20 II isn't as picky as many say. I just did the roll in TMAX developer @20c for 5 1/2 mins, Kodafix and Kodak stop bath.

KankRat, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceJBP

A few bonus shots!

Climbing To Contrast by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Through The Pillars by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

KankRatSpruceBruceJBP

I’ve never seen a thumbs down on Snappiness before…and it’s on my post.

If I’m too ugly to post selfies I can post my parents address here and you can complain to them as they made me 😉

if it’s because I’m wearing a mask, well that’s the law here so what can I do

Or if you think my pics are awful, well they aren’t my best but I was just having a relaxing day in the park deciding what gear to sell, so I’m not bothered but I always welcome constructive feedback in all aspects of my life so feel free to tell me why I suck

most of all don’t take any of the above seriously (I hope it’s obvious I’m joking) I’m just having some fun at the end of a very long workday, it’s nearly 3am here in Manila 15hr workdays suck I think we can all  agree on that

James Warner, SpruceBruce and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceHeggenDazs
Kieran

I always accidentally click thumbs down on this forum and have to quickly click thumbs up. 😂 I’m assuming this is what happened.

KankRatSpruceBruceJBP

KP & DA 35 Limited Macro, on a neighborhood walk with the dog.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0060-3.jpg
  • IMGP0002-2.jpg
  • IMGP0005-4.jpg
  • IMGP0003-2.jpg
denniscrommett, JBP and dhendrix have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettJBPdhendrix
PreviousPage 4 of 8Next