Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next

Unashamed use of HDR. Technically these photo were taken in May but I just got around to processing them.

These were taken hand-held with three bracketed shots.

I don't always resort to HDR but I find it useful when I'm constrained to shooting in broad daylight (like when I'm on holidays trying not to annoy my wife and kids).

Not HDR.

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPPentaxEdThePrettyDamned

Not sure what the best way to post photos in the forum is? They tend to look out-of-focus. Not sure if they are being compressed or resized?

EDIT: wait! it's my fault. My browser zoom level was set to 120% which messed up my photos.

Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruce

first ever attempt at a starburst effect with my new Pentax 35mm macro Limited

Uploaded files:
  • starburst-mono.jpg
SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBP
Quote from grover on June 9, 2022, 5:27 am

Unashamed use of HDR. Technically these photo were taken in May but I just got around to processing them.

I don't always resort to HDR but I find it useful when I'm constrained to shooting in broad daylight (like when I'm on holidays trying not to annoy my wife and kids).

Not HDR.

Looks like your trip went well! Great photos. I don't think the HDR is overdone. Looks tasteful by todays standards. Very pretty. And sandboarding! I had no idea that was a thing, but just looked it up and it looks really neat! Was that in Colorado or somewhere else?

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on June 9, 2022, 2:37 pm

Looks like your trip went well! Great photos. I don't think the HDR is overdone. Looks tasteful by todays standards. Very pretty. And sandboarding! I had no idea that was a thing, but just looked it up and it looks really neat! Was that in Colorado or somewhere else?

Trip was awesome. Took a lot of photos but didn't do as much "photography" as I thought I would.

Brian Head Utah, Zion, Grand Canyon, Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Tucson, caves, petroglyphs, and a bunch of other "stuff".

I didn't know sandboarding was a thing either. That was at Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park in Utah.

All in all a great time. I have a lot of photos to go through. Hopefully I'll find some good ones 😉

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Attempting Macro with a 1970s Nikkor 35mm F2.8 & 22mm extension tube stack up paired with my Fuji Finepix Pro S2.  A few decent shots with the constraints of a 2002 CCD sensor, no VR, small viewfinder, and risk of highlight blowout, best way to challenge your skills.  Keeper rate definitely is subpar lol.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF0026.jpg
  • DSCF0012.jpg
  • DSCF0032-1.jpg
  • DSCF0030.jpg
James Warner, denniscrommett and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerdenniscrommettJBPgroverPentaxEdThePrettyDamned
Quote from grover on June 9, 2022, 5:27 am

Not HDR.

spectacular.

grover has reacted to this post.
grover

Does this turtle look chill or what?  Zoom in to it's face.  It's got kind of a Snoop Dog / Willie Nelson eyes and grin going on. It's been hangin with the watersnakes.

Yoga, by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBP

Speaking of water snakes, I love these guys!  They are so easy to photograph.  None of my shots are ever posed, they would not put up with it.  The hardest part is I don't have a flippy screen on my camera so I literally have put my ear to the ground to get these shots.

DSC_3906 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPgrover

Walking around with the 300mm f4 I spied, thru the corner of my eye, this little guy (gal actually) Phidippus Audax AKA the bold jumping spider.  I focused as close as possible.  This crop is only chopped from the sides. Spider is small.  Maybe < 1cm.  Jumping spiders are awesome and they make pretty cool pets. We kept one of these for about 6 months.  It escaped in my basement unfortunatly

Jumping spiders seem like there is so much more going on upstairs than your average spider.

There is an awesome video on YT about the Portia spider- another jumper.

DSC_3897 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
PreviousPage 3 of 8Next