Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next

Great looking shots! Really enjoy the look of both Fuji cameras. @justin-tung I agree, from a technical perspective, perfectly emulating film is probably a lost cause. However, getting a bit of that look in a digital camera is very satisfying especially if you feel like you don't have to edit!

@sprucebruce I really like that shot with the dolphin, the color of the water is amazing.

Been making lots of photos with my wife as we're expecting our third!

Uploaded files:
  • P1390450_01.png
James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceGawad
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 26, 2021, 11:00 am

@Tristan, is that an XE series body? I had consider grabbing an old XE2s for dirt cheap.  Does the lens fully cover the APS-C sensor or does it need to be cropped?

@Justin, if you didn't say it was SOOC on a Fuji Body, I'd guess it would pass for Porta 400/160 to me!  I love the saturated colors.

Some more Hawaii KP&18-135 compositions, and my Q adapted with a Nikkor D Mount 13mm F1.9

@Tristan's camera looks like an X-Pro, probably an X-Pro 2 or 3? It's definitely an X-pro because it has a hybrid viewfinder.

The bokeh on the picture of the flowers looks like it's got a Helios swirl to it!

@beau-carpenter I definitely agree that it'll never be perfect. Not shooting raw in as flat a profile as I can is definitely still a struggle for me, since I still feel like I want as much latitude as possible in the edit. The thing about this recipe is that the highlights are blown out in the EVF, but then magically appear in the file when I review it! Maybe I just need to learn to trust the camera haha.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency

@justintung interesting! Do you use zebras or highlight warning? I've found the highlight warning on fuji and panasonic to be very helpful to get a better feel for proper exposure. I wonder if there's a discrepancy between the lattitude of the evf and the rear screen.

Spent my weekend in Northern MN at my girlfriends family cabin, tried to capture the Northwoods, and rural life of isolation with my Q, 02/06 lenses used.  I hate that I’m stuck to working in the Twin Cities, I envy the slower life up North.

Edit:  That’s not our cabin, I was just passing by it on the road randomly, and thought it was a window into the past with the old boats.

Uploaded files:
  • A189088F-6545-40B7-AEE8-D922756A0D82.jpeg
  • DAB6B925-DDD8-4271-8710-68C1EBF8C0CF.jpeg
  • 4BAB06EB-98EF-47EC-9178-1B95DEA947A6.jpeg
  • 0E536636-3026-45B1-87D5-DCF4B21E013B.jpeg
  • 6E2AFD05-8E23-4F3E-9BB8-DCCF8F0C6499.jpeg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpentersirfranskiGawad

Q Round 2, scenes from Leech Lake or known as Ozagaskwaajimekaag-zaaga'igan, the Lake Abundant with Leeches in the Ojibwe native language.  It’s not hard to understand why the Ojibwe people established their reservation on this beautiful place.

Uploaded files:
  • 188CE83A-3719-46FE-AA16-ED1E7C1C70B0.jpeg
  • A140DAA1-CB46-4987-9A85-CDFA4C805F06.jpeg
  • B4981681-062C-4C03-8610-8BF0CAA14D59.jpeg
  • F2ABADC0-C7C3-495D-A3AD-26AF25AF050A.jpeg
  • 3FB22E58-193D-48D8-BFE9-24DC1039AC55.jpeg
Beau Carpenter, sirfranski and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpentersirfranskiGawad

hello everyone, these arre some of the shots taken on my latest trip to the coastal city of alexandria here in egypt

Uploaded files:
  • DSC05160.jpg
  • DSC05179.jpg
  • DSC05143.jpg
  • DSC05167.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranski
Quote from Gawad on June 30, 2021, 6:54 pm

hello everyone, these arre some of the shots taken on my latest trip to the coastal city of alexandria here in egypt

So cool! I want to visit there one-day!

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad

It's really lovely over there especially in the winter and the monuments are really enjoyable

SpruceBruce and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucesirfranski
Quote from Justin Tung on June 25, 2021, 9:34 pm

I've never really played around with Fujifilm "recipes" before, but I found one that looked super close to film. I'm still dialing it in, but so far I feel like this is easily the closest to film I'm seen from this sensor before.

Maybe going through this process is somewhat futile, as I'll never be able to emulate film perfectly in camera. I should just focus on making images that I like, but in playing around with in-camera settings, I feel like I'm able to explore that too. Who knows. it's all just coming along slowly.

incredible results and totally would've passed me as film

Quote from Gawad on June 30, 2021, 6:54 pm

Super cool.

Jason Szafranski
PreviousPage 6 of 7Next