Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 5 of 7Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 20, 2021, 12:02 am
Quote from Beau Carpenter on June 19, 2021, 9:10 pm

Out of camera JPEG from Fuji X-T20 with 23mm f2

I don't often find these minimal compositions, but always looking!

As a resident you need to visit Minnesota, that's literally every square mile in the Northern half of the state, just more coniferous.

Wow! Looks like y'all have some spectacular scenery. I've never traveled much further north than lake Erie, but that would definitely be a good reason to head further north. I've heard Canada has some spectacular scenery too. Perhaps one day

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Recently, I've been trying to think in terms of a scene. Mostly I have filled the frame with a subject, but I'm trying to give more scene to a photo.

James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceGawad
Quote from Snappy on June 22, 2021, 1:36 am

Mourning the loss of my full spectrum K-01. Now broken with a completely stuck shutter

Sucks that really happened, I really enjoyed the content that it put out.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from Beau Carpenter on June 22, 2021, 12:58 pm

Recently, I've been trying to think in terms of a scene. Mostly I have filled the frame with a subject, but I'm trying to give more scene to a photo.

I really like this one. It works really well corner to corner as you say. 🙂

Here's one from this morning. On my Olympus EP2 with my auto 120 lens. Pretty good for wide open aperture vintage plastic lens!

Uploaded files:
  • P1010462.JPG
  • P1010454.JPG
  • PXL_20210623_184210338.jpg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂

I’m an avid fly fisherman, I thought to take my Pentax Q with me while kayak fishing yesterday.  The Damsel flies are my favorite.  Too bad it was too shiny to see the back screen to take more shots, if Pentax would release a new Q with an EVF, I’d preorder it without second thoughts.

Quote from Snappy on June 23, 2021, 6:46 pm

Here's one from this morning. On my Olympus EP2 with my auto 120 lens. Pretty good for wide open aperture vintage plastic lens!

I like it, environmental portrait shots are my preference at a 24/28mm focal point.

The EP2 almost looks as small as the Q as well.  What kinda of shutter speeds do you have to run being stuck wide open, I’m imagining 1/4000 range at times.

Uploaded files:
  • 97D0A632-8A09-437E-8613-FF700516F0BD.jpeg
  • FE79ABD0-4619-439A-9618-9EC3051E7FBF.jpeg
  • 55D8BDE2-43E2-418D-804D-082E76D33CCA.jpeg
James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosBeau CarpenterGawad
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 23, 2021, 9:20 pm

I’m an avid fly fisherman, I thought to take my Pentax Q with me while kayak fishing yesterday.  The Damsel flies are my favorite.  Too bad it was too shiny to see the back screen to take more shots, if Pentax would release a new Q with an EVF, I’d preorder it without second thoughts.

Quote from Snappy on June 23, 2021, 6:46 pm

The EP2 almost looks as small as the Q as well.  What kinda of shutter speeds do you have to run being stuck wide open, I’m imagining 1/4000 range at times.

What a great hobby. Cool shots. So far both my kids don't like boats. I'll try again as they get older 🙂

Yep, exactly right about being stuck wide open and the shutter speed. So far it hasn't been a problem yet even on a bright day. Hasn't maxed out that shutter speed. Still haven't tried making my own aperture and putting it in there, but I'll try it eventually.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

I little bit of spam because I've just started a new thread about it under "film era lenses" 🙂

Pentax-110 70mm 2.8 on an APSC sensor:

James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruce

I've never really played around with Fujifilm "recipes" before, but I found one that looked super close to film. I'm still dialing it in, but so far I feel like this is easily the closest to film I'm seen from this sensor before.

Maybe going through this process is somewhat futile, as I'll never be able to emulate film perfectly in camera. I should just focus on making images that I like, but in playing around with in-camera settings, I feel like I'm able to explore that too. Who knows. it's all just coming along slowly.

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Ever striving for minimum competency

@Tristan, is that an XE series body? I had consider grabbing an old XE2s for dirt cheap.  Does the lens fully cover the APS-C sensor or does it need to be cropped?

@Justin, if you didn't say it was SOOC on a Fuji Body, I'd guess it would pass for Porta 400/160 to me!  I love the saturated colors.

Some more Hawaii KP&18-135 compositions, and my Q adapted with a Nikkor D Mount 13mm F1.9

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0027.jpg
  • IMGP0074.jpg
  • IMGP7748.jpg
Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Quote from Justin Tung on June 25, 2021, 9:34 pm

I've never really played around with Fujifilm "recipes" before, but I found one that looked super close to film. I'm still dialing it in, but so far I feel like this is easily the closest to film I'm seen from this sensor before.

Maybe going through this process is somewhat futile, as I'll never be able to emulate film perfectly in camera. I should just focus on making images that I like, but in playing around with in-camera settings, I feel like I'm able to explore that too. Who knows. it's all just coming along slowly.

That's really fun. I really like those results. Definitely film like.

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 5 of 7Next