Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 4 of 7Next
Quote from Snappy on June 19, 2021, 12:59 am
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 17, 2021, 3:56 pm

Lanikai Beach from my DJI mini 2 drone, saved all my overtime for a year to come to Hawaii for a week. Lots of photos to share coming from my KP and a 15 limited, 18-135, and 50-200 kit.

That panorama is really special! What a view!

Quote from SpruceBruce on June 18, 2021, 5:22 pm

The windward side of Oahu, some of my favorite landscapes. Took the 18-135 and my KP to stay light and simple. What a great all around budget lens.

What an awesome trip. We are tossing the idea of a trip down to Hawaii next year but still trying to figure out what to do with the kids. They would probably be just as happy spending time with grandma watching TV then Hawaii, and we could go much farther and on some cool hikes without them. But ditching your kids on someone for a week takes some convincing 😉

Great pics. Keeping it light and simple was a good choice. I've burdened myself by carrying too much camera gear, and it ruins the whole experience and I don't end up using all the gear anyway. Better to enjoy the experience first, and think about camera gear last.

Totally understand the weight thing, I was dieing to bring the 6x7 I had just bought to Hawaii, but the weight would have been killer.  My girlfriend talked me out of it, I did bring a Canon WP-1 PnS for my film needs, it survived the ocean water, but it doesn't rewind unfortunately.  I think I ruined my first roll of Lomo 800 when I popped the cover unfortunately.  Hoping to get a change bag to remove the 2nd finished roll.

I'd leave the kids until maybe they're a little older to appreciate it more, it's bad enough feeding me and my SOs mouths alone.  Most takeout meals are $25-30, and not all AirBnBs have kitchens. I also couldn't imagine the amount of sun screen applying you'd have to do.  It'd be a production line lol, I put sunscreen on every hour, and I still got blistering burns on my shoulders.  Plus you have to really wake up early to get to the best beaches and trailheads, by 8am all the parking is nearly filled or you're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.  Sounds like a lot of work with little ones.

James Warner and Beau Carpenter have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau Carpenter
Quote from sirfranski on June 17, 2021, 6:18 am

My ongoing obsession with the Pentax DA 15mm Lmtd. This is James' fault. Thank you😉

These are all so good, great sun stars!

SpruceBruce and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucesirfranski

Out of camera JPEG from Fuji X-T20 with 23mm f2

I don't often find these minimal compositions, but always looking!

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucesirfranskiGawad
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 19, 2021, 4:24 pm
Quote from Snappy on June 19, 2021, 12:59 am
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 17, 2021, 3:56 pm

Lanikai Beach from my DJI mini 2 drone, saved all my overtime for a year to come to Hawaii for a week. Lots of photos to share coming from my KP and a 15 limited, 18-135, and 50-200 kit.

That panorama is really special! What a view!

Quote from SpruceBruce on June 18, 2021, 5:22 pm

The windward side of Oahu, some of my favorite landscapes. Took the 18-135 and my KP to stay light and simple. What a great all around budget lens.

What an awesome trip. We are tossing the idea of a trip down to Hawaii next year but still trying to figure out what to do with the kids. They would probably be just as happy spending time with grandma watching TV then Hawaii, and we could go much farther and on some cool hikes without them. But ditching your kids on someone for a week takes some convincing 😉

Great pics. Keeping it light and simple was a good choice. I've burdened myself by carrying too much camera gear, and it ruins the whole experience and I don't end up using all the gear anyway. Better to enjoy the experience first, and think about camera gear last.

Totally understand the weight thing, I was dieing to bring the 6x7 I had just bought to Hawaii, but the weight would have been killer.  My girlfriend talked me out of it, I did bring a Canon WP-1 PnS for my film needs, it survived the ocean water, but it doesn't rewind unfortunately.  I think I ruined my first roll of Lomo 800 when I popped the cover unfortunately.  Hoping to get a change bag to remove the 2nd finished roll.

I'd leave the kids until maybe they're a little older to appreciate it more, it's bad enough feeding me and my SOs mouths alone.  Most takeout meals are $25-30, and not all AirBnBs have kitchens. I also couldn't imagine the amount of sun screen applying you'd have to do.  It'd be a production line lol, I put sunscreen on every hour, and I still got blistering burns on my shoulders.  Plus you have to really wake up early to get to the best beaches and trailheads, by 8am all the parking is nearly filled or you're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.  Sounds like a lot of work with little ones.

Those are good tips, especially about getting out to those hikes early!

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Beau Carpenter on June 19, 2021, 9:10 pm

As a resident you need to visit Minnesota, that's literally every square mile in the Northern half of the state, just more coniferous.

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter

Mourning the loss of my full spectrum K-01. Now broken with a completely stuck shutter 🙁

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Beau Carpenter on June 19, 2021, 9:10 pm

That's a great shot.

Beau Carpenter
Jason Szafranski

Looking for a camp spot on Skyline Drive on the Wasatch Plateau in Utah yesterday. Stumbled upon this yellow brick road with my 18-50 kit lens @ 20mm f4. Should have probably stopped down a bit, & attempted to focus, but a fun shot to take anyway. Many 🐝.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP1698.jpg
Beau Carpenter
Jason Szafranski
Quote from Snappy on June 22, 2021, 1:36 am

Mourning the loss of my full spectrum K-01. Now broken with a completely stuck shutter 🙁

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Such a bummer. Your IR photography has been one of my favorite things to see in Instagram.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from Guest on June 22, 2021, 12:27 pm
Quote from Snappy on June 22, 2021, 1:36 am

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Such a bummer. Your IR photography has been one of my favorite things to see in Instagram.

Oops, was logged out for that one 😅

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
PreviousPage 4 of 7Next