Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 3 of 7Next
Quote from Snappy on June 17, 2021, 2:45 pm
Quote from Herd on June 17, 2021, 2:15 pm

Here's some shots with my newly acquired Helios 44-2, I think I've fallen completely in love with this lens.

I really liked my Helios 44-2. Very unique rendering 🙂 Nice shots.

Here’s one from this month that I didn’t share on instagram. Pentax K-01 full spectrum with Kolari IR Chrome filter. DA Limited 20-40.

Thanks James. I really enjoy this lens.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Jason Szafranski

Lanikai Beach from my DJI mini 2 drone, saved all my overtime for a year to come to Hawaii for a week. Lots of photos to share coming from my KP and a 15 limited, 18-135, and 50-200 kit.

Uploaded files:
  • Photo_7143751_DJI_327_pano_12632148_0_202161692422_photo_pano.jpg
  • Photo_7143748_DJI_324_jpg_4045358_0_202161692358_photo_original.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpentersirfranskiGawadHerd

Great shots. I really enjoy taking pics w/ drones.

So, you & I both have the 15 lmtd. & 50-200 kit. I also have the 18-50 kit. Was thinking about selling both kits to aquire the 18-135, & have it do the job of both(minus the 200 part). I hear nothing but good about the 18-135. In your opinion, having both lenses, would I miss the 200? I kinda like the bokeh compression it can get sometimes, but would really like to have just the one lens to carry around. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Jason Szafranski

Here's some shots with my newly acquired Helios 44-2, I think I've fallen completely in love with this lens.

Here’s one from this month that I didn’t share on instagram. Pentax K-01 full spectrum with Kolari IR Chrome filter. DA Limited 20-40.

May I ask, did you order the Helios from Russia? If so, how was that experience? Thanx.

Jason Szafranski
Quote from sirfranski on June 18, 2021, 12:02 am

So, you & I both have the 15 lmtd. & 50-200 kit. I also have the 18-50 kit. Was thinking about selling both kits to aquire the 18-135, & have it do the job of both(minus the 200 part). I hear nothing but good about the 18-135. In your opinion, having both lenses, would I miss the 200? I kinda like the bokeh compression it can get sometimes, but would really like to have just the one lens to carry around. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

I would keep the 50-200 for the extra reach, but I'm sure there's some older 70-300 zooms that would have an even longer telephoto reach.

James Warner and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
James Warnersirfranski

The windward side of Oahu, some of my favorite landscapes. Took the 18-135 and my KP to stay light and simple. What a great all around budget lens.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0083.jpg
  • IMGP0088.jpg
  • IMGP0091.jpg
  • IMGP0098.jpg
Beau Carpenter, Gawad and Herd have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterGawadHerd

I wouldn't worry about bokeh, the 18-135 actually does a pretty good job zoomed in close focus. Here's a bee I shot with the 18-135 on my K-5. It is cropped a bit too, but gives you an idea. But if you use the long end for other things, it is really hard to beat having a longer telephoto. Cropping from 135 to 200 is quite a jump. If you don't think you use the long end enough for the actual reach then I say go for it. You'll be relieved of having to swap between those two lenses and can keep this one oon most of the time.

Edit: I like @SpruceBruce idea of potentially picking up a cheaper telephoto in the odd cases you might want more reach. Could be a good compromise.

Quote from sirfranski on June 18, 2021, 12:07 am

May I ask, did you order the Helios from Russia? If so, how was that experience? Thanx.

I didn't, I got it from someone on PentaxForums. That was nice because I knew the condition was good and had already seen test shots from that user before and knew it was a good copy.

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 17, 2021, 3:56 pm

Lanikai Beach from my DJI mini 2 drone, saved all my overtime for a year to come to Hawaii for a week. Lots of photos to share coming from my KP and a 15 limited, 18-135, and 50-200 kit.

That panorama is really special! What a view!

Quote from SpruceBruce on June 18, 2021, 5:22 pm

The windward side of Oahu, some of my favorite landscapes. Took the 18-135 and my KP to stay light and simple. What a great all around budget lens.

What an awesome trip. We are tossing the idea of a trip down to Hawaii next year but still trying to figure out what to do with the kids. They would probably be just as happy spending time with grandma watching TV then Hawaii, and we could go much farther and on some cool hikes without them. But ditching your kids on someone for a week takes some convincing 😉

Great pics. Keeping it light and simple was a good choice. I've burdened myself by carrying too much camera gear, and it ruins the whole experience and I don't end up using all the gear anyway. Better to enjoy the experience first, and think about camera gear last.

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from SpruceBruce on June 18, 2021, 5:18 pm

I would keep the 50-200 for the extra reach, but I'm sure there's some older 70-300 zooms that would have an even longer telephoto reach.

Thanx.

Jason Szafranski
Quote from Snappy on June 19, 2021, 12:52 am

I wouldn't worry about bokeh, the 18-135 actually does a pretty good job zoomed in close focus. Here's a bee I shot with the 18-135 on my K-5. It is cropped a bit too, but gives you an idea. But if you use the long end for other things, it is really hard to beat having a longer telephoto. Cropping from 135 to 200 is quite a jump. If you don't think you use the long end enough for the actual reach then I say go for it. You'll be relieved of having to swap between those two lenses and can keep this one oon most of the time.

Edit: I like @SpruceBruce idea of potentially picking up a cheaper telephoto in the odd cases you might want more reach. Could be a good compromise.

Quote from sirfranski on June 18, 2021, 12:07 am

I didn't, I got it from someone on PentaxForums. That was nice because I knew the condition was good and had already seen test shots from that user before and knew it was a good copy.

Thank you both. I think your ideas would be great for my set-up; especially being on the road.  I had considered a 300 prime or telephoto, but wasn't sure. Now I just need to sell the two lenses while traveling.🤔

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Jason Szafranski
PreviousPage 3 of 7Next