Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next
Quote from Beau Carpenter on June 13, 2021, 9:52 pm
Quote from Snappy on June 11, 2021, 1:42 am
Quote from sirfranski on June 10, 2021, 8:50 am

So, the K-70 came in. Threw the f1.8 "plastic fantastic" 50mm on the other day. I believe if I only had this lens along with the 15mm, I'd be fine...

Btw, I'm very intrigued with the 50mm Pentax macro you just mentioned on your channel. I've been trying to weigh the pros & cons of a shorter vs. longer focal length macro lens.

That lens does look fantastic! One of these days I'll pick it up along with the 35mm. The 35mm has been on my list for a while. I see it go down as low as $60 used sometimes. Really nice flowers. It's blooming here too.

I haven't compared 50 vs 100 macros side-by-side. I don't do very much actual macro work to begin with. I suppose the longer working distance would be nice for skittish things, but then maybe that makes it harder for other uses.

Here's some from the DA 20-40 Limited I'm trying out for a week.

I really like the way the greens rendered in the carrot photo. Overall such a nice shot!

This month has been a lot of chasing little ones around with a Fuji X-T20 + 23mm

Chasing my little ones is most of my photography nowadays so I can appreciate that 😉

Happy snappin' 🙂

Got a 2x-3x teleconverter to throw on my mirror lens since I wanted to take some cool pictures of the moon and tonight I thought I'd try my hand at snapping some stars! Gotta say this is my first time trying this so I'm probably going about it all wrong, however I'm pretty sure this is the star Delta Aurigae.

Uploaded files:
  • K5_2487_1.JPG
sirfranski has reacted to this post.
sirfranski
Buying the cheapest lenses available because I'm cheap.
Quote from Herd on June 15, 2021, 11:35 pm

Got a 2x-3x teleconverter to throw on my mirror lens since I wanted to take some cool pictures of the moon and tonight I thought I'd try my hand at snapping some stars! Gotta say this is my first time trying this so I'm probably going about it all wrong, however I'm pretty sure this is the star Delta Aurigae.

Woah.

Either that or a bug.

Just kidding. That is seriously cool. How did you shoot that? With a tracking mount? the relative aperture after those teleconverters has got to be really small..

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on June 16, 2021, 1:15 am
Quote from Herd on June 15, 2021, 11:35 pm

Woah.

Either that or a bug.

Just kidding. That is seriously cool. How did you shoot that? With a tracking mount? the relative aperture after those teleconverters has got to be really small..

Haha, I wish I had a tracking mount but that's way out of my budget. I just used my cheap normal tripod, shot at ISO 640 for 3 seconds as that was the longest I could do without it trailing off frame. Maybe in a few years I can justify buying a more modern telephoto and tracking mount for some proper astro work

Quote from Snappy on June 11, 2021, 1:42 am
Quote from sirfranski on June 10, 2021, 8:50 am

So, the K-70 came in. Threw the f1.8 "plastic fantastic" 50mm on the other day. I believe if I only had this lens along with the 15mm, I'd be fine...

Btw, I'm very intrigued with the 50mm Pentax macro you just mentioned on your channel. I've been trying to weigh the pros & cons of a shorter vs. longer focal length macro lens.

That lens does look fantastic! One of these days I'll pick it up along with the 35mm. The 35mm has been on my list for a while. I see it go down as low as $60 used sometimes. Really nice flowers. It's blooming here too.

I haven't compared 50 vs 100 macros side-by-side. I don't do very much actual macro work to begin with. I suppose the longer working distance would be nice for skittish things, but then maybe that makes it harder for other uses.

Here's some from the DA 20-40 Limited I'm trying out for a week.

Btw... I really liked the shots with the DA 20-40. Especially the flower. That focal range seems like a lot of fun.

Jason Szafranski

My ongoing obsession with the Pentax DA 15mm Lmtd. This is James' fault. Thank you😉

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP1382.jpg
  • 20210615_004931.jpg
  • 20210615_004851.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceHerd
Jason Szafranski

Here's some shots with my newly acquired Helios 44-2, I think I've fallen completely in love with this lens.

Uploaded files:
  • K5_2576_1.JPG
  • K5_2574_1.JPG
  • K5_2593_1.JPG
  • K5_2591_1.JPG
  • K5_2607_1.JPG
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranski
Quote from sirfranski on June 17, 2021, 6:18 am

My ongoing obsession with the Pentax DA 15mm Lmtd. This is James' fault. Thank you😉

Those are all exceptional. The one in the forest is particularly pleasant. You’ve mastered the burst on that lens 🙂

Beau Carpenter and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
Beau Carpentersirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Herd on June 17, 2021, 2:15 pm

Here's some shots with my newly acquired Helios 44-2, I think I've fallen completely in love with this lens.

I really liked my Helios 44-2. Very unique rendering 🙂 Nice shots.

Here’s one from this month that I didn’t share on instagram. Pentax K-01 full spectrum with Kolari IR Chrome filter. DA Limited 20-40.

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranskiGawadHerd
Happy snappin' 🙂

Great photos. I've been thinking about getting a Helios ever since I got my camera. May just have to now...

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Jason Szafranski
PreviousPage 2 of 7Next