Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your June photos! (2021)

Page 1 of 7Next

I almost replied to the May thread with some more pictures, and then realized the date. 🙂 As always, feel free to share your daily snaps in this thread. Doesn't have to be your best ever work, just whatever you are snapping in your neck of the woods.

Here's some more from my Olympus E-20N. Having fun being a five-megapixeler for right now.

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranskiGawadBoti
Happy snappin' 🙂

The beach shot has such a unique emulsion that it reminds me of a 35mm film exposure.

Quote from SpruceBruce on June 2, 2021, 4:38 am

The beach shot has such a unique emulsion that it reminds me of a 35mm film exposure.

Yeah, that's the only way I can describe it too. Looks very similar to some C-41 film I've shot. Here's another. I was trying a new circular polarizing filter I got with the camera, only one I have in the 62mm diameter, but it's cheap and left a bad color cast. So colors aren't great here. I'll try to get more without.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Just some shots I took with my K-3

Uploaded files:
  • IMG7244.jpg
  • Untitled2.jpg
  • IMGP7384-1.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranskiGawad
Quote from Boti on June 6, 2021, 8:40 pm

Just some shots I took with my K-3

Woah, really unique birds! What are they? Where in the world are you? Great pics.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Thanks!
All shots where taken in Northern Hungary, specifically Hortobágy and the Bükk mountain range.
I'm not really sure about the origin of the small birdie, But the large one was an Eagle species unique to Eastern Europe.

So, the K-70 came in. Threw the f1.8 "plastic fantastic" 50mm on the other day. I believe if I only had this lens along with the 15mm, I'd be fine...

Btw, I'm very intrigued with the 50mm Pentax macro you just mentioned on your channel. I've been trying to weigh the pros & cons of a shorter vs. longer focal length macro lens.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0984-1.jpg
  • IMGP1004.jpg
  • IMGP0945.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Jason Szafranski
Quote from sirfranski on June 10, 2021, 8:50 am

So, the K-70 came in. Threw the f1.8 "plastic fantastic" 50mm on the other day. I believe if I only had this lens along with the 15mm, I'd be fine...

Btw, I'm very intrigued with the 50mm Pentax macro you just mentioned on your channel. I've been trying to weigh the pros & cons of a shorter vs. longer focal length macro lens.

That lens does look fantastic! One of these days I'll pick it up along with the 35mm. The 35mm has been on my list for a while. I see it go down as low as $60 used sometimes. Really nice flowers. It's blooming here too.

I haven't compared 50 vs 100 macros side-by-side. I don't do very much actual macro work to begin with. I suppose the longer working distance would be nice for skittish things, but then maybe that makes it harder for other uses.

Here's some from the DA 20-40 Limited I'm trying out for a week.

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂

An adapted Nikon Nikon Cine D Mount 13mm F1.9 lens on my Q.  I took some shots at a local pollinator garden, and caught a typical summer Minnesota daybreak after accomplishing up a dual engine hydraulic pump filter change on one of my birds that had returned from Cancun this past morning.

Uploaded files:
  • 207BFA65-67C7-4F66-9207-1F6758BC47E1.jpeg
  • 8132E563-0D51-4C59-9378-6A5F40192B8B.jpeg
  • 562D3980-79F9-4D54-9350-03D37A81DABC.jpeg
  • 1B088231-B7A5-41E4-8991-3D6FAABFEE4F.jpeg
  • EFE6E4FD-A8A0-44DE-8BC5-BB6FC8C54438.jpeg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau Carpentersirfranski
Quote from Snappy on June 11, 2021, 1:42 am
Quote from sirfranski on June 10, 2021, 8:50 am

That lens does look fantastic! One of these days I'll pick it up along with the 35mm. The 35mm has been on my list for a while. I see it go down as low as $60 used sometimes. Really nice flowers. It's blooming here too.

I haven't compared 50 vs 100 macros side-by-side. I don't do very much actual macro work to begin with. I suppose the longer working distance would be nice for skittish things, but then maybe that makes it harder for other uses.

Here's some from the DA 20-40 Limited I'm trying out for a week.

I really like the way the greens rendered in the carrot photo. Overall such a nice shot!

This month has been a lot of chasing little ones around with a Fuji X-T20 + 23mm

James Warner and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
James Warnersirfranski
Page 1 of 7Next