Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your July Photos (2024)

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next
Quote from JayTz_Photography on July 14, 2024, 11:51 pm

Just snapped this one an hour or 2 ago. I bought my a850 and have hardly used it lol.

Sony a850/ Maxxum 100mm f2.8 Macro

Fly Drinking a drop of Water by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Cool shot.
The Sony a850/900 is one of my all time favorite cameras. Its gives such a raw DSLR experience. They packed to most modern DSLR tech in there at the time without adding any bells and whistles or "digicamify" the thing.
I use mine quite a lot especially since both of my two 5D and my 7D are bricks (shutter locked/IBIS defect).
The shot i posted here is actually taken with the a900.

JayTz_Photography has reacted to this post.
JayTz_Photography
Quote from Alen K on July 11, 2024, 7:10 pm

Here’s a handheld panorama taken with an iPhone 11 on July 3rd. Six panels stitched together with Microsoft Image Composite Editor.

Woah! Great snap!

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from KankRat on July 13, 2024, 1:48 pm

Ebony jeweling

(male Ebony Jewelwing (Male) by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

So much detail and variety of colors! Beautiful shot.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Some July snaps thus far:

Olympus E-PL2 with DIY infrared mod

A Bike Ride in the Woods by Snappiness, on Flickr

Same camera, same mod, just different filter and black and white

Antiques and Cars by Snappiness, on Flickr

Apparently, everything else I've taken this month has been on film not developed yet, or really experimental setups. Haha. I'll have to get to more normal stuff soon!

KankRat, SpruceBruce and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPJayTz_PhotographyCory MabenLuke GreenKamera Brand
Happy snappin' 🙂

Here's a few of mine - just got back from a trip to Yellowstone NP! All taken with the OM-System OM1 and either the 12-40 or the 100-400

Lone tree in the Tetons by Luke Green, on Flickr

Bison family by Luke Green, on Flickr

Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone by Luke Green, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, JBP and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPgroverJayTz_PhotographyCory MabenKamera Brand
Quote from Kamera Brand on July 15, 2024, 9:17 am
Quote from JayTz_Photography on July 14, 2024, 11:51 pm

Just snapped this one an hour or 2 ago. I bought my a850 and have hardly used it lol.

Sony a850/ Maxxum 100mm f2.8 Macro

Fly Drinking a drop of Water by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Cool shot.
The Sony a850/900 is one of my all time favorite cameras. Its gives such a raw DSLR experience. They packed to most modern DSLR tech in there at the time without adding any bells and whistles or "digicamify" the thing.
I use mine quite a lot especially since both of my two 5D and my 7D are bricks (shutter locked/IBIS defect).
The shot i posted here is actually taken with the a900.

Very nice, I really do enjoy using it because it really does remind me of my 7d (i just took my 7d on a trip and took about 500 photos so im giving it a little break lol).....The more i use it the more im realizing its one of those overlooked cameras...its like the Nikon d700 and its quite unnoticed...but its hard to recommend cause its rare in the used market nowadays.

Heres another one frome the a850/ 50mm f1.4

Flower at Sunset by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPgroverKamera Brand

Decided to revisit my first camera the K10d after shooting film the past few months. Took it for a walk around the neighborhood. There are these series of Pentax film era lenses that all have this built in halation effect when shot wide open, this one is the SMC- Pentax F, 24-50mm f/4. It adds a really nice 'sparkle' and blooming on highlights I really enjoy, but I also used it with a Black Pro Mist 1/8th and the amount of halation is too much for me, but I still enjoyed some of the photos I got:

IMGP3878 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

IMGP3881 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

IMGP3890 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. The jury is still out.

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP

Two larger birds that I could reach with my budget wildlife setup.

Grey heron (Ardea cinerea)

Common buzzard (Buteo buteo)

Both cropped and shot with Sony a77II

SpruceBruceJBPJayTz_PhotographyCory Maben

I forgot to export one of the photos:

IMGP3861 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP

I just got back 5 rolls of film. One of which was expired slide film and the images were so faint that it was effectively blank. Any tips on how to use expired film?

This roll is some Harmon Phoenix 200, I have quite a few I liked so be sure to check out my Flickr for more. Overall I am feeling very mixed about the stock. It takes a lot of work to make the scans color come out even kinda close. I feel like it is heavily red, maybe it's just the particular interaction between the AWB of my camera and this film, but it was a pain. However, when I feel like the images worked I absolutely loved them.

On a side note. I discovered that the K-1 has a color profile specifically for color negative film and at least using the live view and trying different color profiles it seemed to be more accurate, but I don't know, maybe that was the reason the color was such a pain this time around. I'll try it again with another roll and report back. Anyway, here are a few of my favorites:

MFP_0414 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0383 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0395 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0399 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

MFP_0405-1 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SpruceBruceJBPgroverJayTz_Photography
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next