Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your July Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 6 of 6
Quote from Cory Maben on July 29, 2023, 6:21 pm

Two more from the past week: 

DSC02154-DSC02157 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC02083-DSC02086 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

Both killer shots. Man, that one with the light and the single traffic cone. So good.

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user
Happy snappin' 🙂

As we get ready to close out July, here's two shots from an outing with the Olympus E300 and enormous 300mm f2.8. 

EckyH, Deleted user and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
EckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard PhotographyUplaxer
Happy snappin' 🙂

The photographs with the moon on it are my favourites.

All your photographs convey the atmosphere of the town fair very well, the lights, the noise and the smell are nearly tangible.

Spoiler
That's a bit daunting for me, because I had a meltdown on a town fair due to sensory overload and now photos of such events cause panic attacks. But that shows that your photographs are good.

Today at the lunch break I walked around with the Pentax K-S2 and the 35/2.4...

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20230801_124936.jpg
  • 20230801_125647.jpg
  • 20230801_130036.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photography
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from EckyH on August 1, 2023, 7:14 pm

The photographs with the moon on it are my favourites.

All your photographs convey the atmosphere of the town fair very well, the lights, the noise and the smell are nearly tangible.

Spoiler
That's a bit daunting for me, because I had a meltdown on a town fair due to sensory overload and now photos of such events cause panic attacks. But that shows that your photographs are good.

Today at the lunch break I walked around with the Pentax K-S2 and the 35/2.4...

E.

The second image is great, I absolutely love it, it's simple in concept, but the composition is spot on.

Thank you.
It was more a "happy little accident" as Bob Ross used to say than carefully planned.

But the more remarkable image is the dandelion plant with daisies blossoms. Imho.

E.

Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from Cory Maben on July 31, 2023, 6:19 am

What my biggest take away from the evening however was that I took both my SD1 and my a7r3. I shot the Foveon until sunset and the Sony after sunset. People's reaction to the cameras were completely different. People seemed put off by the DSLR, with my enormous Sigma 24-70 art. It caught a lot of side eye and uncomfortable glances from people to the point that if I pixel peep the crowds in the Foveon shots there is almost always someone staring directly at the camera. Whereas with the Sony combined with the compact nature soviet primes I felt completely invisible. 

That's a really interesting observation. I feel more comfortable shooting in public areas with a smaller camera. But it depends on the crowd size too. Like the small town 4th of July parade I opted for a small camera, but if I was in NYC I don't hesitate with the big camera. You're just another person and ignored from my experience (only been one time). So, it definitely depends on the environment, crowd size, etc.

My feeling is similar to your experience though. Maybe as people are seeing less and less "real" cameras it's gotten stranger to see a casual photographer with one. The funny bit is no one blinks at phones anymore, and yet they're taking pics all the time. I have more than once caught a student sneaking a snapchat picture of me and I'm just hoping it's something kind/funny and not making fun of me too bad xD

Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 6 of 6