Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your July Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next
Quote from James Warner on July 8, 2023, 7:52 pm
Quote from Gawad on July 8, 2023, 1:54 am

I love the images and the new look of the website.

So apparently I've had my camera set to a lower resolution for a while now and I couldn't pinpoint the problem, goes to show my obsession with resolution didn't really make sense huh. But a nice side effect to that was the fact that I could post them here way more easily.

The blue and orange glows with these are beautiful - well done! And I hope you are doing well!

thank you so much I'm doing well and finally looking forward to a much needed break hopefully I'll get to be a little more active here 😀

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Some family pics first 2 are on the Lumix GF9 (GX850) w/Lumix G 25mm f1.7, the next 2 are on the Samsung NX500 w/20-50mm F3.5-5.6 II, last one the Sony A7 II w/Voigtlander 40mm Nokton F1.4

Uploaded files:
  • ParkSunday070923_Lumix-001.jpg
  • ParkSunday070923_Lumix-036.jpg
  • ParkSunday070923-035.jpg
  • ParkSunday070923-029.jpg
  • Althea071023-002.jpg
SpruceBruce, Gawad and EckyH have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadEckyH
Kieran

Loving my Olympus 100-400 and EM1X, the AF capabilities are a fever dream!  The smaller sensor size, definitely compromises perfectly with the design of the bodies and lenses.  The photos come out great once you run through DXO Deep Prime! The ability to shoot small bees in flight is mindblowing!  As a result, my macro lenses are now getting neglected lol.

Hummingbird Perch by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Daisy Bee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bee in Flight by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bathing by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Lift Off by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Flight of the Pollinator by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Widow Skimmer by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

James Warner, Gawad and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerGawadBart KersteEckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 10, 2023, 9:50 pm

Loving my Olympus 100-400 and EM1X, the AF capabilities are a fever dream!  The smaller sensor size, definitely compromises perfectly with the design of the bodies and lenses.  The photos come out great once you run through DXO Deep Prime! The ability to shoot small bees in flight is mindblowing!  As a result, my macro lenses are now getting neglected lol.

Hummingbird Perch by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Daisy Bee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bee in Flight by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bathing by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Lift Off by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Flight of the Pollinator by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Widow Skimmer by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Fellow M43 users here, and I love these shots, great work.

Quote from Cory Maben on July 10, 2023, 11:27 pm

Here is part 2 from my Sony shoot the other night:

DSC01336 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC01394 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC01424 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC01430 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC01321 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC01449 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC01328 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC01404 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC01433 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

I love the last shot of the chair, great stuff.

A few from a gig at the weekend, it was a total of five sets, so not finished editing them all yet.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettBart KersteEckyHDeleted user

Test image from a trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee last week. Attempted linking from 500px.

Bridge over the Tennessee River

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettEckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photography

Hello from Western Massachusetts; been a while and been enjoying everyone's photos. It's been a busy time with work and other projects but I've been enjoying and shooting with just a Fuji X-T1 and the TTArtisan 27mm f2.8 (porch photo, the last one below). Today though I received a Viltrox 23mm f1.4 which was too cheap on ebay not to try. Just a couple test shots on my way home from work (using the X-T1). If you've been curious about that lens, I have to say after just a little shooting today, if you can deal with the aperture ring not clicking, it's good! I am pretty surprised. Maybe doesn't have the "magic" (yet...) that even the TTArtisan does, but, it'll definitely get a 23mm (35mm equiv) shot and give you f1.4, cheap! Anyway, couple photos, minimal editing. Cat photo is at f1.4, 1/100 (my default), 6400 iso, no noise reduction clearly (don't really care much about noise). Cheers!

Uploaded files:
  • crommett-xt1-viltrox23-web-1.jpg
  • crommett-xt1-viltrox23-web-2.jpg
  • crommett-xt1-viltrox23-web-3.jpg
  • crommett-xt1-ttartisan27-web-4.jpg
SpruceBruce, Gawad and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadkcphotogeekEckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from denniscrommett on July 12, 2023, 2:30 am

Hello from Western Massachusetts; been a while and been enjoying everyone's photos. It's been a busy time with work and other projects but I've been enjoying and shooting with just a Fuji X-T1 and the TTArtisan 27mm f2.8 (porch photo, the last one below). Today though I received a Viltrox 23mm f1.4 which was too cheap on ebay not to try. Just a couple test shots on my way home from work (using the X-T1). If you've been curious about that lens, I have to say after just a little shooting today, if you can deal with the aperture ring not clicking, it's good! I am pretty surprised. Maybe doesn't have the "magic" (yet...) that even the TTArtisan does, but, it'll definitely get a 23mm (35mm equiv) shot and give you f1.4, cheap! Anyway, couple photos, minimal editing. Cat photo is at f1.4, 1/100 (my default), 6400 iso, no noise reduction clearly (don't really care much about noise). Cheers!

Nice, I'm a big fan of the TTArtisan and 7Artisan lenses, have a couple for my M43 set-up and they both offer great image quality for the price.

A few more gig shots:

Yes, that is a Wookie mask with a synth built-in and any XTC fans may recognise the artist performing under the name of 'Stic Basin'.

Justin Tung, James Warner and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungJames WarnerSpruceBruceBart KersteEckyHDeleted user

The final set of images from last weekend's gig.

Bart Kerste, EckyH and Deleted user have reacted to this post.
Bart KersteEckyHDeleted user

with the 100mm token.  DOF is too shallow.

Uploaded files:
  • milkweed-bug.jpg
James Warner, EckyH and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
James WarnerEckyHGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from KankRat on July 15, 2023, 3:13 pm

with the 100mm token.  DOF is too shallow.

I was just looking at those bugs the other night wishing I had a macro with me 🙂

With the Fujifilm S2 Pro + Nikon 20-35mm f2.8 D

Tree Y by Snappiness, on Flickr

Greenhouse by Snappiness, on Flickr

EckyH, Deleted user and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
EckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photography
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 3 of 6Next