Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 9 of 19Next
Quote from Bart Kerste on July 17, 2022, 2:44 pm
Quote from JBP on July 17, 2022, 2:15 pm

Some shots by my wife with her Oly EM10-II at our picnic yesterday. These are with the 60mm f/2.8 macro which is her favorite lens. It's such a cool little camera!

Beautiful macro shots, beautiful colors and sharp where it should be sharp.

That will make her happy to hear, thank you! 🙂

Quote from ahoyhere on July 17, 2022, 5:29 am

@kcphotogeek you're proof that it's the photographer and not the tool, bc I have the same IR converted module and everything I take with it looks terrible. Yours are moving, and arresting.

I need to check in more often so I can reply when y'all post and not sit here with two windows, trying to catch up! I'm only halfway through the posts since I last replied 😅

@ahoyhere far too kind but thank you 🙏

Beau Carpenter and ahoyhere have reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenterahoyhere
Kieran
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 17, 2022, 4:44 pm
Quote from EckyH on July 17, 2022, 4:21 pm

The E-M10II is well balanced with the Oly 75-300 MarkII. That's mostly my "grab and image" combo for birds in the garden. But today I'd seriously consider the Lumix 100-300

So I've read alot of reviews saying that it can be soft?  I'm debating whether or not to get the 75-300 Mk Ii or the 100-400 instead.

Is it ok to discuss the lenses here?

E.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Another day, another set of garden pics.  This time with the Minolta 7D and 70-210/35-70 F4 Macro.  SOOC JPEGs...I've neglected this poor old body of late.  Finally figuring out how to stop highlight clipping.

Uploaded files:
  • PICT4907.jpg
  • PICT4960.jpg
  • PICT4927.jpg
  • PICT4978.jpg
  • PICT4943.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterDaniel GonzalezkcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 18, 2022, 2:45 pm

Another day, another set of garden pics.  This time with the Minolta 7D and 70-210/35-70 F4 Macro.  SOOC JPEGs...I've neglected this poor old body of late.  Finally figuring out how to stop highlight clipping.

The final pic here is stunning, great colour

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Kieran

I love that photo of the bee in flight!

What did you find out about highlight clipping?

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from Beau Carpenter on July 18, 2022, 8:14 pm

I love that photo of the bee in flight!

What did you find out about highlight clipping?

So the camera had a Natural + color profile and a CPL filter, seems to make a difference.  I also find that it just can't process backlit subjects like a modern CMOS sensor can.  And to underexpose .3-.7 of a stop with spot metering for harsh white light.  So a combo, of ideal shooting angles and spot metering, figuring out the best average.

When I first bought it, it was in the winter and it didn't play well with all the whites and grays.  And alot of photos just ended up meh.  I personally find my Fuji Finepix Pro S2, alot more flexible in the dynamic range department.  Which blows my mind, since it's even older than the 7D.

Here's an example of an overcast spring day.  Just couldn't get the sky looking great.  I've considered a graduated ND filter to help compensate too....

Uploaded files:
  • PICT4824.jpg
Beau Carpenter and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenterdenniscrommett

Wow!!! Just when I was thinking, "no more DSLRs…"

My favorite of your shots is the top one. They're all beautiful and the last one is stunning but there's something about the feel of that line of isolated flowers in the first photo that gets me *thumps chest* here. Feels a bit lonely but in a good way. Not the type of composition I've seen often.

SpruceBruce and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDavid Maynard

Hello! I rented a macro lens to play with on my trip to the midwest (Fuji 60mm f/2.4 macro)! Here are wildflower shots from the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota! The flowers were everywhere up there and amazing!

I'm now in the U.P. of Michigan and will see what fun photos I can grab while I'm up here. I'm loving shooting every day!

@sprucebruce, holy cow on those macro shots! I agree with @ahoyhere on the top one being my favorite!

Uploaded files:
  • snap-1-1.jpeg
  • snap-2-1.jpeg
  • snap-3.jpeg
  • snap-4.jpeg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPEckyH
Quote from David Maynard on July 20, 2022, 4:25 am

Hello! I rented a macro lens to play with on my trip to the midwest (Fuji 60mm f/2.4 macro)! Here are wildflower shots from the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota! The flowers were everywhere up there and amazing!

I'm now in the U.P. of Michigan and will see what fun photos I can grab while I'm up here. I'm loving shooting every day!

@sprucebruce, holy cow on those macro shots! I agree with @ahoyhere on the top one being my favorite!

Great shots! Trying out a true macro lens is definitely on my wishlist.

The picture of the white and yellow flower, was that a single exposure? Focus Stacked?

David Maynard has reacted to this post.
David Maynard
PreviousPage 9 of 19Next