Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 7 of 19Next
Quote from David Maynard on July 13, 2022, 2:43 am

Hello! I'm enjoying a nice trip in the midwest with my 2-year old, and have had a few chances to shoot some fun photos! Here are a few from our drive across Minnesota to South Dakota, plus a fun flower shot from my friend's garden. I also picked my daughter up a $10 camera no fb marketplace as she wanted to shoot with my Fuji (which made me super nervous!). She loves it and has taken a bunch of photos the past few days!

Sounds like a fun trip! Giving your kid a camera is such a good idea. I've been really surprised by what my daughter has been able to do when I let her use some of my cheap cameras. It's cute too to see what peaked their interest during a trip.

Quote from SpruceBruce on July 13, 2022, 4:12 am

I thought about taking my KP to work.....now I regretted it today.  Cell phone captures of some Midwest storms, but they work none the less.

Stunning! It's always when you don't have the camera you want, lol. But your cell phone did a great job. Good thing we live in the age of smart phone cameras.

Here's a few from my Sigma SD14 and fungus infested Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 😛

SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPDavid Maynard
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on July 14, 2022, 3:41 pm
Quote from David Maynard on July 13, 2022, 2:43 am

Hello! I'm enjoying a nice trip in the midwest with my 2-year old, and have had a few chances to shoot some fun photos! Here are a few from our drive across Minnesota to South Dakota, plus a fun flower shot from my friend's garden. I also picked my daughter up a $10 camera no fb marketplace as she wanted to shoot with my Fuji (which made me super nervous!). She loves it and has taken a bunch of photos the past few days!

Sounds like a fun trip! Giving your kid a camera is such a good idea. I've been really surprised by what my daughter has been able to do when I let her use some of my cheap cameras. It's cute too to see what peaked their interest during a trip.

Quote from SpruceBruce on July 13, 2022, 4:12 am

I thought about taking my KP to work.....now I regretted it today.  Cell phone captures of some Midwest storms, but they work none the less.

Stunning! It's always when you don't have the camera you want, lol. But your cell phone did a great job. Good thing we live in the age of smart phone cameras.

Here's a few from my Sigma SD14 and fungus infested Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 😛

There's a fungus among us. Lovely shots!

Quote from kcphotogeek on July 12, 2022, 6:00 pm

Hello everyone. As usual the early part of the month is super busy for me, enjoyed catching up on everyone's images. As there was an hour of bright sunshine last weekend so took the IR converted Ricoh GXR S10 out again. Having fun with IR, this camera will probably come on all my travels too.

Amazing, just amazing.

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.

Took a walk yesterday with the K-3 & 55-300 PLM.

IMGP3959 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4027 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4035 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, PentaxEd and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucePentaxEdBart KersteEckyH

Thanks @bartkerste, for me the best thing about these photos (and many others here) it proves specs and money are no barrier to taking photos that you and others can enjoy.

Beau Carpenter, JBP and Bart Kerste have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterJBPBart Kerste
Kieran
Quote from JBP on July 15, 2022, 11:15 am

@JBP  The contrast and deep greens on that moth shot, so lovely!

@james-warner-b  Really digging those Foveon colors!

Bit of a photo dump today, the first five were shot on the Olympus EM10 II and the last five with my KP, both of course with the D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro.  I’ve been experimenting with the lens at different crop factors, I really enjoy the 2x of the M43 system, it makes capturing insects much easier.

James Warner, JBP and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBPgroverBart KersteEckyH

There are a ton of sweet shots this month. Just saying.

IR is now tempting.

The PLM 55-300.... I heard it was sharp but... wow.

Daniel Gonzalez, JBP and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezJBPDavid Maynard
Quote from grover on July 16, 2022, 1:28 am

IR is now tempting.

I was thinking the same!

Seems like everyone is having great photos done this month.

Well done everyone! Keep them coming! Those colours are looking fantastic!

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 16, 2022, 1:03 am
Quote from JBP on July 15, 2022, 11:15 am

@JBP  The contrast and deep greens on that moth shot, so lovely!

@james-warner-b  Really digging those Foveon colors!

Bit of a photo dump today, the first five were shot on the Olympus EM10 II and the last five with my KP, both of course with the D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro.  I’ve been experimenting with the lens at different crop factors, I really enjoy the 2x of the M43 system, it makes capturing insects much easier.

Thank you! I love your insect shots! That Pentax Macro lens is great, as is the EM10II pairing. 😍

IR is now tempting.

It really does punch above its weight. Considering it is ~$350 USD new (I got mine used for ~$250 I think) and is sharp at all focal lengths, has great bokeh, and is compact AND weather sealed...it's such a bargain. I would love it even if it were screw-driven. It's one weakness is it's barrel, which I hear will crack in two without much effort if you have it extended and bump into something - so one must remember to always retract it before slinging it behind you or whatever.

Quote from red5isalive on July 16, 2022, 12:49 pm

IR is now tempting.

I was thinking the same!

Seems like everyone is having great photos done this month.

Well done everyone! Keep them coming! Those colours are looking fantastic!

Agreed! Such a good photo harvest this month. Everyone's shots are really superb and I'm loving it. 😁

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Last night's sunset, local non profit farmstead.  Fuji Finepix Pro S2 and Nikkor 28-85mm F3.3-5.6.  Really surprised at how much I could pull out of shadows shooting RAW on this old body.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF0021.jpg
  • DSCF0026-1.jpg
  • DSCF0027.jpg
  • DSCF0030-1.jpg
  • DSCF0032-2.jpg
James Warner, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
PreviousPage 7 of 19Next