Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 6 of 19Next
Quote from JBP on July 9, 2022, 1:30 am

Today I decided the 50mm "plastic fantastic" needed some love. I rarely use it because 50mm is so often too tele for family stuff and I find the 40mm much better for that. I did have to step back a lot but goodness that dreamy bokeh is worth it. Of course that's when a woodpecker I've been trying to photograph for a couple years now decided to show up... he knew what he was doing. 😒 He's the reason I consider always having a camera with a 300mm strapped on my back. 😆

Anyway, it was a good outing. Great family photos. And I got another glimpse into insect society with it. I forgot how close it can focus. Just a superb lens all around, definitely one of my best and it's a shame I leave it behind so often. No more!

IMGP2875 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Superb image here @JBP, glad you are over Covid

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Kieran

Hello everyone. As usual the early part of the month is super busy for me, enjoyed catching up on everyone's images. As there was an hour of bright sunshine last weekend so took the IR converted Ricoh GXR S10 out again. Having fun with IR, this camera will probably come on all my travels too.

Uploaded files:
  • R1310623.jpg
  • R1310599.jpg
  • R1310634.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPPentaxEdBart Kerste
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on July 12, 2022, 5:50 pm
Quote from JBP on July 9, 2022, 1:30 am

Today I decided the 50mm "plastic fantastic" needed some love. I rarely use it because 50mm is so often too tele for family stuff and I find the 40mm much better for that. I did have to step back a lot but goodness that dreamy bokeh is worth it. Of course that's when a woodpecker I've been trying to photograph for a couple years now decided to show up... he knew what he was doing. 😒 He's the reason I consider always having a camera with a 300mm strapped on my back. 😆

Anyway, it was a good outing. Great family photos. And I got another glimpse into insect society with it. I forgot how close it can focus. Just a superb lens all around, definitely one of my best and it's a shame I leave it behind so often. No more!

IMGP2875 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Superb image here @JBP, glad you are over Covid

Thank you! 😁

Quote from kcphotogeek on July 12, 2022, 6:00 pm

Hello everyone. As usual the early part of the month is super busy for me, enjoyed catching up on everyone's images. As there was an hour of bright sunshine last weekend so took the IR converted Ricoh GXR S10 out again. Having fun with IR, this camera will probably come on all my travels too.

WOW! Those images are surreal and beautiful. That first one with the arch and the reflections is truly stunning! 😲I would frame it in a heartbeat if it were mine. 👍

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek

Hello! I'm enjoying a nice trip in the midwest with my 2-year old, and have had a few chances to shoot some fun photos! Here are a few from our drive across Minnesota to South Dakota, plus a fun flower shot from my friend's garden. I also picked my daughter up a $10 camera no fb marketplace as she wanted to shoot with my Fuji (which made me super nervous!). She loves it and has taken a bunch of photos the past few days!

Uploaded files:
  • snap-1-1.jpeg
  • snap-5.jpeg
  • snap-3.jpeg
  • snap-4.jpeg
  • snap-1-2.jpeg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPPentaxEdBart Kerste

I thought about taking my KP to work.....now I regretted it today.  Cell phone captures of some Midwest storms, but they work none the less.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20220712_194544834_HDR.jpg
  • IMG_20220712_205803006_BURST017_exported_1657678129047.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterkcphotogeekJBPPentaxEdDavid MaynardBart Kerste
Quote from JBP on July 12, 2022, 10:46 pm

WOW! Those images are surreal and beautiful. That first one with the arch and the reflections is truly stunning! 😲I would frame it in a heartbeat if it were mine. 👍

Thanks, it is my favourite IR pic so far too. Thinking of getting a set of three printed I like the one of the guy taking a smoke on a dark street too. Will see about it, it was a New Year resolution to print more, currently I'm failing that one badly

James Warner and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBP
Kieran

Super Moon by Pierson Mason
I'm not very experienced with Astrophoto or compositing but I made this from Two Photos I got of the moon yesterday, hadn't known there was going to be a Super-moon but saw it rise on my drive home so I ran back out with my camera

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPPentaxEdBart Kerste
Quote from Pierson Mason on July 13, 2022, 11:31 pm

Super Moon by Pierson Mason
I'm not very experienced with Astrophoto or compositing but I made this from Two Photos I got of the moon yesterday, hadn't known there was going to be a Super-moon but saw it rise on my drive home so I ran back out with my camera

It came out great! Astrophotography and compositing are something I want to try more of soon. I've done very little but it's fun stuff. 🙂

Here's a couple shots I missed in my rush to process the photos from this past weekend. This was luck on my part - the photos preceding and following these did not come out. They were either out of focus, overexposed, underexposed (he was flying in and out of shadows). 😒 But I got lucky with a couple, I'll take it!

They're a bit soft compared to similar shots I've seen with Pentax's DA*300 or 150-450, but I'm pretty happy with the IQ of the "consumer zoom" 55-300 PLM lens so far.

IMGP3445 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP3450 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, Pierson Mason and Bart Kerste have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucePierson MasonBart Kerste

@JBP, I found my copy of the PLM is sharpest around F11-F13, although be it, I’ve only shot some stationary birds, and moving large aircraft with it.

D FA 100mm F2.8 WR adapted to my Olympus EM-10 II with an adapter with a manual aperture ring that I can use to stop down.  Bokeh monster, this is a killer combo with focus peaking!  I also learned what an Agapostemon Sweat Bee is today, it’s my new favorite insect.  Wicked colors and eye on that little fellow.  I’m not sure if I’ve committed a cardinal sin, adapting an Autofocus Pentax glass to an Olympus M43 body lol!

Uploaded files:
  • 478EF85F-B917-4152-BE29-F56DB07F3043.jpeg
Beau Carpenter, JBP and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterJBPPentaxEdDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 14, 2022, 7:11 am

@JBP, I found my copy of the PLM is sharpest around F11-F13, although be it, I’ve only shot some stationary birds, and moving large aircraft with it.

D FA 100mm F2.8 WR adapted to my Olympus EM-10 II with an adapter with a manual aperture ring that I can use to stop down.  Bokeh monster, this is a killer combo with focus peaking!  I also learned what an Agapostemon Sweat Bee is today, it’s my new favorite insect.  Wicked colors and eye on that little fellow.  I’m not sure if I’ve committed a cardinal sin, adapting an Autofocus Pentax glass to an Olympus M43 body lol!

It ain't right what you did. But I love it! Making me want that lens even more. 😁

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
PreviousPage 6 of 19Next