Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 4 of 19Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 1, 2022, 9:27 pm

Kicked this month off with the OG Fuji Finepix Pro S2 paired with macro extension tubes & Nikkor 135mm F3.5/ 200mm F4.  Capturing the mundane on walks with the pup around town in those beautiful circa 2002 super CCD rendered colors

I love the minimalist approach you've taken with these. You really capture the FEELING of springtime.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

First time using my camera on bulb mode shooting using a remote control with my Pentax K-3 and my kit lens DA 18-55mm. I wish I was closer to the action or had a longer range lens with me... didn't think I needed. Will be better prepared next time.

Uploaded files:
  • 4th_1.jpg
  • 4th_2.jpg
  • 4th_3.jpg
  • 4th_4.jpg
  • 4th_5.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyHFred Thompson
Quote from ahoyhere on July 6, 2022, 10:31 pm

Loving all the lush green things you guys are posting… here in the desert, the monsoons haven't hit yet, so everything is still pretty dry. The sunsets are starting to get interesting, though!

Top shot is from my Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n with the Nikon AI 28mm f/2.8.

The others are from my Sigma fp, which is my normal everyday camera. Various lenses.

It's the desert but you captured an array of colors! wonderful!

SpruceBruce, Daniel Gonzalez and ahoyhere have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel Gonzalezahoyhere
Quote from PentaxEd on July 8, 2022, 3:03 am

First time using my camera on bulb mode shooting using a remote control with my Pentax K-3 and my kit lens DA 18-55mm. I wish I was closer to the action or had a longer range lens with me... didn't think I needed. Will be better prepared next time.

Very nice images 🙂

PentaxEd has reacted to this post.
PentaxEd
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Those are wall hangers! Fantastic color too!

So KEH had a 20% off sale on lenses, I hauled in an FA Limited 31 F1.8, which I only shot the pad lock on a gate on a prairie restoration access road.  I wasn't satisfied with my old SMC M 28mm F2.8 performance on my K1, so I thought why not and take the slightly tighter FOV, for a limited AF lens.  And then I switched to D FA 100m Macro F2.8 once I hiked through the woods, okay this has to be my new favorite Pentax lens! I feel like these two pieces of glass are going to be inseparable from my K1.  I've instantly fallen in love with it.

I tried out the Satobi color profile, and then did some light editing in LR.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP2097.jpg
  • IMGP2187.jpg
  • IMGP2148.jpg
  • IMGP2192-1.jpg
  • IMGP2226.jpg
James Warner, kcphotogeek and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerkcphotogeekJBPgroverPentaxEdBart KersteFred Thompson
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 8, 2022, 5:13 pm

So KEH had a 20% off sale on lenses, I hauled in an FA Limited 31 F1.8, which I only shot the pad lock on a gate on a prairie restoration access road.  I wasn't satisfied with my old SMC M 28mm F2.8 performance on my K1, so I thought why not and take the slightly tighter FOV, for a limited AF lens.  And then I switched to D FA 100m Macro F2.8 once I hiked through the woods, okay this has to be my new favorite Pentax lens! I feel like these two pieces of glass are going to be inseparable from my K1.  I've instantly fallen in love with it.

Beautiful images! Love that the bee has some wing blur too. It feels so good when we find a lens that just "clicks," doesn't it? I've been wanting a proper macro lens and have been eyeing that one in particular. Looks like it's worth every penny. 🙂

PentaxEd and Fred Thompson have reacted to this post.
PentaxEdFred Thompson

Oh, awesome! It's kind of a joke now that I still have not bought either the 77mm or 31mm after loving my 43mm for all these years. It's one of those things I want to do, but keep chasing other things.

I did just buy that 55-300 PLM though. I have a trip coming up that a compact zoom would be nice, and I can test out the PLM and see if it's everything it's cracked up to be.

JBP and PentaxEd have reacted to this post.
JBPPentaxEd
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on July 8, 2022, 9:49 pm

Oh, awesome! It's kind of a joke now that I still have not bought either the 77mm or 31mm after loving my 43mm for all these years. It's one of those things I want to do, but keep chasing other things.

I did just buy that 55-300 PLM though. I have a trip coming up that a compact zoom would be nice, and I can test out the PLM and see if it's everything it's cracked up to be.

@jbp

Totally feel you on that feeling.  I knew I was gonna really like it from the get go.  Glad you're feeling better too!  Glad you're posting again.  I feel the AF is miles ahead on the D FA 100 vs the DA 35 Limited. My 35 I had to use manual focus alot instead.  I'm going to keep the KP & it for now.  Since I see it being a light compact setup when I don't want to lug out the K1.  Just keep an eye out for the D FA 100 pricewise, I got mine for cheap.

@james-warner-b I think the 55-300PLM will hopefully meet your expectations.  It's almost as compact as the 18-135 collapsed.  I'd love to try the new 21 Limited, but yeah that price tag.....OOF.

JBP and PentaxEd have reacted to this post.
JBPPentaxEd
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 8, 2022, 11:35 pm
Quote from James Warner on July 8, 2022, 9:49 pm

@jbp

Totally feel you on that feeling.  I knew I was gonna really like it from the get go.  Glad you're feeling better too!  Glad you're posting again.  I feel the AF is miles ahead on the D FA 100 vs the DA 35 Limited. My 35 I had to use manual focus alot instead.  I'm going to keep the KP & it for now.  Since I see it being a light compact setup when I don't want to lug out the K1.  Just keep an eye out for the D FA 100 pricewise, I got mine for cheap.

@james-warner-b I think the 55-300PLM will hopefully meet your expectations.  It's almost as compact as the 18-135 collapsed.  I'd love to try the new 21 Limited, but yeah that price tag.....OOF.

Thank you. It feels good to get out and photograph again, even if they are such minor excursions. I will keep my eye out for a bargain. 🙂 I think I would have a lot of fun with that lens, since it seems that's the kind of photography I'm drawn to the most.

Today I decided the 50mm "plastic fantastic" needed some love. I rarely use it because 50mm is so often too tele for family stuff and I find the 40mm much better for that. I did have to step back a lot but goodness that dreamy bokeh is worth it. Of course that's when a woodpecker I've been trying to photograph for a couple years now decided to show up... he knew what he was doing. 😒 He's the reason I consider always having a camera with a 300mm strapped on my back. 😆

Anyway, it was a good outing. Great family photos. And I got another glimpse into insect society with it. I forgot how close it can focus. Just a superb lens all around, definitely one of my best and it's a shame I leave it behind so often. No more!

IMGP2875 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, PentaxEd and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucePentaxEdBart KersteEckyH

Olympus E1 50mm Macro. Really enjoying the rich colours.

Uploaded files:
  • P7080875.jpg
  • P7080870.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPPentaxEdBart Kerste
PreviousPage 4 of 19Next