Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 3 of 19Next
Quote from JBP on July 7, 2022, 12:59 am
Quote from ahoyhere on July 6, 2022, 10:31 pm

Loving all the lush green things you guys are posting… here in the desert, the monsoons haven't hit yet, so everything is still pretty dry. The sunsets are starting to get interesting, though!

Top shot is from my Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n with the Nikon AI 28mm f/2.8.

The others are from my Sigma fp, which is my normal everyday camera. Various lenses.

Then I saw a firefly posing perfectly and took a bunch of photos of him. Couldn't believe how still he was for me... wait a minute... yup, he's dead. Oops. I deleted those photos. Just didn't seem right. 🀣

This actually made me laugh out loud πŸ˜… Sorry to hear about covid πŸ™ Hope you get better soon. It's been going around here too. Lots of people we know have had it. I was sick for two weeks but never tested positive. Somehow managed to make two videos during that time but probably should have just been in bed πŸ˜›

Wow, amazing pictures everyone. I feel inspired. @sprucebruce that cell phone pic reminds me so much of the midwestern storms we would get. Just crazy intense clouds all the time, tornados common. I miss it, honestly. Not that tornados are any good.

I feel ya @ahoyhere. We had one rain after months of no rain, and now it's been weeks since then. Still mostly brown. I've lived here only a few years but I've never seen so many dead lawns. Prompted me to finish the xeroscaping I halfway started in the front last year.

Excited to see that Kodak rear it's head too πŸ˜‰

Been crazy over here with work ramping up, family stuff, people sick, but somehow managed to sneak a few photo outings:

Here's my beat up Olympus E-300 I made a video about. I'm adapting M42 lenses on it for fun:

We drove out to a small town on Independence Day so I could recreate the small town 4th of July parades from my childhood. Got some good characters. Shot it on my monochrome converted K-5.

I have a dream of catching on of these baby deer leaping in a photo. This is the closest I got, a little blurry, a busy background and shot at ISO 25,600 - so not ideal but I'll take it for now and try to improve πŸ™‚

Bird chomping on a beetle πŸ™‚

Keep on snappin'!

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezkcphotogeekJBPPentaxEdBart KersteEckyHFred Thompson
Happy snappin' πŸ™‚

Beautiful pictures and moments captured James πŸ™‚

My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from JBP on July 6, 2022, 8:27 pm
Quote from red5isalive on July 6, 2022, 6:29 pm
Quote from JBP on July 6, 2022, 5:12 pm
Quote from red5isalive on July 6, 2022, 3:35 pm
Quote from grover on July 5, 2022, 9:58 pm
Quote from red5isalive on July 5, 2022, 7:19 pm

pics taken with Pentax K3 and K3-II + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Pentax DA 50-135mm f2.8 and Sigma 100-300mm f4.

Awesome shots again.

And nice lens selection. I have K-3 II, Sigma 17-50mm, and Tamron 70-200mm.... which is inspiring because it means my camera is not my limitation πŸ˜‰

Thank you very much!
Yes the Tamron is a little bg weak in the AF consistency, it hunts a bit. But sometimes works well πŸ™‚
Indeed the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 is a great lens, it creates sharp images and usually has a good AF.

The Sigma is hard to beat. People talk about "stack of primes" zoom lenses and I think this one qualifies. You really showcase what it is capable of, bravo! Makes me want to use mine so bad. Unfortunately I haven't touched it in a while because of the weight. I have been struggling with hand pain and a heavy camera makes it flare up faster than a light one. But if ever there was a lens that was worth its weight... it's that one. πŸ™‚

Thank you.
Yes I do agree. You know that feeling when you reunite with a lens that you know that will do the work you have in mind? That feeling. This happens with the 100-300mm f4 and myself. I know that, usually, will perform doing what I request it to do.

Of course, it's on Pentax mount so it means that sometimes it'll loose focus, or that will lock AF when pre-focusing and then shoot a bunch of photos all blurry and out of focus. Yes, that happens. But most of the times it performs. I wonder how good would it be in combination with a K3-III.

To be honest the Tamron might be sharper, but I need a lens that performs as the Sigma does. One that I can trust in, and the Tamron does not give me that confidence. I mean, when it works it works great. But it's more prone to do some minor mistake than the 100-300mm.

Have you tried the 55-300 PLM? There's a youtuber (Lee Iveson) who shoots motorsports with that lens almost exclusively with great results.

Yes I know Lee by Youtube.
No I haven't tested the PLM version but I have owned the 55-300mm AL version before and it's a nice lens but not what I was looking after.

The reach is nice, but the aperture concerns me. I'm not sure it'll work out well for what I would like to do and have.

There's also the 150-450mm lens from Pentax and this I was able to test it in 2019. But it's bulky, heavy and specially to me it has a big defect for my photos at my local track, and it is that starts at 150mm. I do shoot some images at 100mm at the exit of one of my favourites corner and then now I would not be able to do so. Then..... I think it's neither an option. I'm too used to use that focal lenght.

Anyways will give the PLM a thought. Thank you

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

Loving all the lush green things you guys are posting… here in the desert, the monsoons haven't hit yet, so everything is still pretty dry. The sunsets are starting to get interesting, though!

The others are from my Sigma fp, which is my normal everyday camera. Various lenses.

Lovely colors in those photos!

I've had covid the past week and I've been getting all kinds of fevers. Regular fever, cabin fever. Today I had photo fever bad so I slapped on the Helios and Raynox 150 and went to town... I mean, my back yard. There was a red weed flower/fruit thing that caught my eye. Then I saw a firefly posing perfectly and took a bunch of photos of him. Couldn't believe how still he was for me... wait a minute... yup, he's dead. Oops. I deleted those photos. Just didn't seem right. 🀣 Luckily I found this guy on a leaf nearby. The branch was swaying in the breeze, I was swaying trying to shoot macro freehand, and he kept crawling around. But I got some shots! It was very fun. Macro is challenging but rewarding. πŸ™‚

IMGP2583 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2676 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2718 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Beautiful images πŸ˜€

JBP

Wow love the colours (and composition).

Quote from James Warner on July 7, 2022, 2:02 am

Then I saw a firefly posing perfectly and took a bunch of photos of him. Couldn't believe how still he was for me... wait a minute... yup, he's dead. Oops. I deleted those photos. Just didn't seem right. 🀣

This actually made me laugh out loud πŸ˜… Sorry to hear about covid πŸ™ Hope you get better soon. It's been going around here too. Lots of people we know have had it. I was sick for two weeks but never tested positive. Somehow managed to make two videos during that time but probably should have just been in bed πŸ˜›

Wow, amazing pictures everyone. I feel inspired. @sprucebruce that cell phone pic reminds me so much of the midwestern storms we would get. Just crazy intense clouds all the time, tornados common. I miss it, honestly. Not that tornados are any good.

I feel ya @ahoyhere. We had one rain after months of no rain, and now it's been weeks since then. Still mostly brown. I've lived here only a few years but I've never seen so many dead lawns. Prompted me to finish the xeroscaping I halfway started in the front last year.

Been crazy over here with work ramping up, family stuff, people sick, but somehow managed to sneak a few photo outings:

Here's my beat up Olympus E-300 I made a video about. I'm adapting M42 lenses on it for fun:

We drove out to a small town on Independence Day so I could recreate the small town 4th of July parades from my childhood. Got some good characters. Shot it on my monochrome converted K-5.

I have a dream of catching on of these baby deer leaping in a photo. This is the closest I got, a little blurry, a busy background and shot at ISO 25,600 - so not ideal but I'll take it for now and try to improve πŸ™‚

Keep on snappin'!

Thank you! I am on the upswing thankfully. πŸ™‚Β  Yes I had a laugh at myself also. I came in and started telling my wife about this bug that posed so perfectly for me, the most super chill bug I've ever taken photos of and she had to stop me... "He was dead, wasn't he?" lol "Yes, he was dead."

That bird w/bug photo... ISO 8000?! Impressive! Still, it isn't over 9000, gotta pump those numbers up. πŸ˜›

My K-3iii lust has sparked up again. K-1 also. I've been disappointed with the noise in my K-3 starting at ~800 lately. Not sure why that is, I used to love it up to 9000... Maybe the conditions I've been shooting in, I dunno. Too much pixel peeping, surely.

Quote from red5isalive on July 7, 2022, 8:46 am

I've had covid the past week and I've been getting all kinds of fevers. Regular fever, cabin fever. Today I had photo fever bad so I slapped on the Helios and Raynox 150 and went to town... I mean, my back yard. There was a red weed flower/fruit thing that caught my eye. Then I saw a firefly posing perfectly and took a bunch of photos of him. Couldn't believe how still he was for me... wait a minute... yup, he's dead. Oops. I deleted those photos. Just didn't seem right. 🀣 Luckily I found this guy on a leaf nearby. The branch was swaying in the breeze, I was swaying trying to shoot macro freehand, and he kept crawling around. But I got some shots! It was very fun. Macro is challenging but rewarding. πŸ™‚

Beautiful images πŸ˜€

Thank you!

SpruceBruce and Daniel Gonzalez have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel Gonzalez

Such beautiful photos of the beetle, at the right time. And he looks so photogenic into the camera too. Beautifully captured.

SpruceBruce, Daniel Gonzalez and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezJBP
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
Quote from JBP on July 7, 2022, 2:18 pm

Keep on snappin'!

Thank you! I am on the upswing thankfully. πŸ™‚Β  Yes I had a laugh at myself also. I came in and started telling my wife about this bug that posed so perfectly for me, the most super chill bug I've ever taken photos of and she had to stop me... "He was dead, wasn't he?" lol "Yes, he was dead."

That bird w/bug photo... ISO 8000?! Impressive! Still, it isn't over 9000, gotta pump those numbers up. πŸ˜›

My K-3iii lust has sparked up again. K-1 also. I've been disappointed with the noise in my K-3 starting at ~800 lately. Not sure why that is, I used to love it up to 9000... Maybe the conditions I've been shooting in, I dunno. Too much pixel peeping, surely.

Beautiful images πŸ˜€

Thank you!

Glad you're feeling better. Covid isn't a fun one to experience for sure!

JBP

sunburn.

It is now summer in the Netherlands. The sun is high and the grain is ripening. With the camera and lens looking for the border, photographing against the sun and then watching the development at home afterwards, I get the image I am striving for. The lens flare is intentional. To me this expresses the warmth and heat of summer. The photo was taken with the Olympus E30, 18-180 mm lens, against the sun. Aperture priority: f13 shutter speed 1/320, ISO 200, exposure compensation +1.

Uploaded files:
  • P7049912.jpeg
James Warner, JBP and EckyH have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBPEckyH
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
Quote from Bart Kerste on July 7, 2022, 8:17 pm

Such beautiful photos of the beetle, at the right time. And he looks so photogenic into the camera too. Beautifully captured.

Thank you! He was definitely posing. 😁

Quote from SpruceBruce on July 7, 2022, 10:00 pm
Quote from JBP on July 7, 2022, 2:18 pm

Keep on snappin'!

Beautiful images πŸ˜€

Thank you!

Glad you're feeling better. Covid isn't a fun one to experience for sure!

Thank you. It sure is good to be on the tail end of it. πŸ™‚

Quote from Bart Kerste on July 7, 2022, 10:06 pm

sunburn.

It is now summer in the Netherlands. The sun is high and the grain is ripening. With the camera and lens looking for the border, photographing against the sun and then watching the development at home afterwards, I get the image I am striving for. The lens flare is intentional. To me this expresses the warmth and heat of summer. The photo was taken with the Olympus E30, 18-180 mm lens, against the sun. Aperture priority: f13 shutter speed 1/320, ISO 200, exposure compensation +1.

Beautiful!

PreviousPage 3 of 19Next