Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 2 of 19Next
Quote from grover on July 5, 2022, 9:58 pm
Quote from red5isalive on July 5, 2022, 7:19 pm

pics taken with Pentax K3 and K3-II + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Pentax DA 50-135mm f2.8 and Sigma 100-300mm f4.

Awesome shots again.

And nice lens selection. I have K-3 II, Sigma 17-50mm, and Tamron 70-200mm.... which is inspiring because it means my camera is not my limitation 😉

Thank you very much!
Yes the Tamron is a little bg weak in the AF consistency, it hunts a bit. But sometimes works well 🙂
Indeed the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 is a great lens, it creates sharp images and usually has a good AF.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from Bart Kerste on July 6, 2022, 3:17 pm

New month, new races.

This time the 24 Hours of Motorbikes at Barcelona.

I just took it easy, wanted to test my Sigma 100-300mm f4 that came back from the repair shop. It still burns my images when it wants. It seems that at some point the lens stops sending the F information to the camera and then no matter if you manually stop down the lens, it just keeps bruning images. That happens when you use a shutter speed (in TV mode) lower than 1/400th of a second which I tend to do often. It is a pitty because I was enjoying it so much, the AF, the reach, you know when you feel at home with a camera and lens.... and then.....

Well, all pics taken with Pentax K3 and K3-II + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Pentax DA 50-135mm f2.8 and Sigma 100-300mm f4.

Hope you like them:

I have not delved into motocross. Your beautiful photos and your story are impressive. Beautiful series of photos, clear explanations, actually a kind of documentary.

Thank you Bart 🙂
Glad you like it 😀

Quote from red5isalive on July 6, 2022, 3:35 pm

pics taken with Pentax K3 and K3-II + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Pentax DA 50-135mm f2.8 and Sigma 100-300mm f4.

Awesome shots again.

And nice lens selection. I have K-3 II, Sigma 17-50mm, and Tamron 70-200mm.... which is inspiring because it means my camera is not my limitation 😉

Thank you very much!
Yes the Tamron is a little bg weak in the AF consistency, it hunts a bit. But sometimes works well 🙂
Indeed the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 is a great lens, it creates sharp images and usually has a good AF.

The Sigma is hard to beat. People talk about "stack of primes" zoom lenses and I think this one qualifies. You really showcase what it is capable of, bravo! Makes me want to use mine so bad. Unfortunately I haven't touched it in a while because of the weight. I have been struggling with hand pain and a heavy camera makes it flare up faster than a light one. But if ever there was a lens that was worth its weight... it's that one. 🙂

red5isalive has reacted to this post.
red5isalive
Quote from JBP on July 6, 2022, 5:12 pm

Awesome shots again.

Thank you very much!

The Sigma is hard to beat. People talk about "stack of primes" zoom lenses and I think this one qualifies. You really showcase what it is capable of, bravo! Makes me want to use mine so bad. Unfortunately I haven't touched it in a while because of the weight. I have been struggling with hand pain and a heavy camera makes it flare up faster than a light one. But if ever there was a lens that was worth its weight... it's that one. 🙂

Thank you.
Yes I do agree. You know that feeling when you reunite with a lens that you know that will do the work you have in mind? That feeling. This happens with the 100-300mm f4 and myself. I know that, usually, will perform doing what I request it to do.

Of course, it's on Pentax mount so it means that sometimes it'll loose focus, or that will lock AF when pre-focusing and then shoot a bunch of photos all blurry and out of focus. Yes, that happens. But most of the times it performs. I wonder how good would it be in combination with a K3-III.

To be honest the Tamron might be sharper, but I need a lens that performs as the Sigma does. One that I can trust in, and the Tamron does not give me that confidence. I mean, when it works it works great. But it's more prone to do some minor mistake than the 100-300mm.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from Bart Kerste on July 6, 2022, 3:27 pm

From polder to harbor

My apologies for my poor translation in English. I use google translate.

Today I started shooting with my camera the Konica Minolta Dimage A200, a camera from 2003. I got on my bike and then I realized how diverse the landscape in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen (Netherlands) is. The landscape actually runs from polder to harbour. Places where generations have worked hard to build a life.
This is a series of photos from polder to harbor

All photos are post-processed (contrast, colors, sharpness), but I actually do that with all photos.

Beautiful images Bart

Bart Kerste has reacted to this post.
Bart Kerste
Quote from red5isalive on July 6, 2022, 6:29 pm
Quote from JBP on July 6, 2022, 5:12 pm

Awesome shots again.

Thank you very much!

Thank you.
Yes I do agree. You know that feeling when you reunite with a lens that you know that will do the work you have in mind? That feeling. This happens with the 100-300mm f4 and myself. I know that, usually, will perform doing what I request it to do.

Of course, it's on Pentax mount so it means that sometimes it'll loose focus, or that will lock AF when pre-focusing and then shoot a bunch of photos all blurry and out of focus. Yes, that happens. But most of the times it performs. I wonder how good would it be in combination with a K3-III.

To be honest the Tamron might be sharper, but I need a lens that performs as the Sigma does. One that I can trust in, and the Tamron does not give me that confidence. I mean, when it works it works great. But it's more prone to do some minor mistake than the 100-300mm.

Have you tried the 55-300 PLM? There's a youtuber (Lee Iveson) who shoots motorsports with that lens almost exclusively with great results.

red5isalive has reacted to this post.
red5isalive

Loving all the lush green things you guys are posting… here in the desert, the monsoons haven't hit yet, so everything is still pretty dry. The sunsets are starting to get interesting, though!

Top shot is from my Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n with the Nikon AI 28mm f/2.8.

The others are from my Sigma fp, which is my normal everyday camera. Various lenses.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220702-G2D41355.jpg
  • 20220702-SDIM1249.jpg
  • 20220701-SDIM1219-Edit-2.jpg
  • 20220630-SDIM1146.jpg
  • 20220705-SDIM1333.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 9 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucered5isalivekcphotogeekJBPPentaxEdDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyHFred Thompson
Quote from ahoyhere on July 6, 2022, 10:31 pm

Loving all the lush green things you guys are posting… here in the desert, the monsoons haven't hit yet, so everything is still pretty dry. The sunsets are starting to get interesting, though!

The others are from my Sigma fp, which is my normal everyday camera. Various lenses.

Amazing pictures, beautiful colors.

ahoyhere has reacted to this post.
ahoyhere
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.

Always feel like your desert photos capture the desert landscape so beautifully!

Cellphone capture of my work view.  It got orange and yellow in the sky from Thunderstorms to the west yesterday.  Very apocalyptic feeling.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20220705_211132045.jpg
James Warner, JBP and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBPBart KersteEckyHFred Thompson

Lovely colors in those photos!

I've had covid the past week and I've been getting all kinds of fevers. Regular fever, cabin fever. Today I had photo fever bad so I slapped on the Helios and Raynox 150 and went to town... I mean, my back yard. There was a red weed flower/fruit thing that caught my eye. Then I saw a firefly posing perfectly and took a bunch of photos of him. Couldn't believe how still he was for me... wait a minute... yup, he's dead. Oops. I deleted those photos. Just didn't seem right. 🤣 Luckily I found this guy on a leaf nearby. The branch was swaying in the breeze, I was swaying trying to shoot macro freehand, and he kept crawling around. But I got some shots! It was very fun. Macro is challenging but rewarding. 🙂

IMGP2583 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2676 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2718 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucered5isalivedenniscrommettkcphotogeekBart KersteEckyHFred Thompson
PreviousPage 2 of 19Next