Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 17 of 19Next
Quote from Justin Tung on July 29, 2022, 4:25 pm

Hey yall, I know it's been a looong while since I've been active here, but life has just been crazy recently for me. Here are some updates from my life (not strictly July, sorry).

That's my graduation ceremony, Yeti film tour, moving apartments, pool parties, dance recitals, barbecue brisket, and a getaway to the hills.

Got my hands on a Fujifilm again, an X70 this time, and it's very liberating. I don't worry about how many shots are left on a roll, the exposure, etc. The battery lasts forever, and a 32gb card feels infinite. Oh did I mention I get to use film recipes again?

Wonderful photos! I need to take more "day in the life" photos like this. Capturing special moments and giving us a touchstone to get back to those memories is one of the more powerful and moving aspects of photography. Glad to hear the new gear is liberating! That's what our cameras should do for us! If we feel tied down by it creatively or even physically (see our recent discussions about weight/packing too much) then we should make an adjustment, if possible, to get back to that feeling that got us hooked in the first place. 🙂

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung

Today a smc Pentax-FA 77 arrived, so I had to try it out.
K-5IIs, edited in darktable.

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220729_ramses_0001.jpg
SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPFred Thompson
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Finally developed and scanned some rolls from April from my MZ-S with the SMC A 35-105 F3.5, what a great lens this truly is!

Uploaded files:
  • Image-19.jpg
  • Image-10-4.jpg
  • Image-20-1.jpg
  • Image-16.jpg
  • Image-9-3.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungdenniscrommettJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH

Like this one from my IPhone yesterday. I was walking from parking the car back to the restaurant for lunch and spotted this one.

Uploaded files:
  • B5434B0D-E1FB-46C5-919C-CB2519B38532.jpeg
SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBP
Quote from EckyH on July 29, 2022, 6:21 pm

Today a smc Pentax-FA 77 arrived, so I had to try it out.
K-5IIs, edited in darktable.

E.

Congrats on that lens, I haven't used it but I hear it's really amazing. It's high on my wish list. The K-5iis is a perfect pairing for it, too. 🙂

Quote from SpruceBruce on July 29, 2022, 9:02 pm

Finally developed and scanned some rolls from April from my MZ-S with the SMC A 35-105 F3.5, what a great lens this truly is!

Very nice! That lens was under my radar (like so many others...I'm learning so much here) but you're right, it is outstanding.

Quote from Fred Thompson on July 30, 2022, 12:05 am

Like this one from my IPhone yesterday. I was walking from parking the car back to the restaurant for lunch and spotted this one.

Good eye! Unique compositions are everywhere, but it takes skill to see them. I really dig the perspective on this one. 🙂

Here are some snaps from yesterday's walk. The first two are the same subject. I couldn't decide which shot I preferred. I do worry I'm overdoing it with the starbursts. I'll definitely be overdoing it when I get the 15mm Limited f/4. 🤣 @james-warner-b video on that lens is what put starbursts in my mind and I think I'm hooked, for better or worse.

The photo of the leaf in the grass is my favorite of the bunch. I saw it glowing in the sunlight from waaay far away and I was so excited to take a photo of it that I feel like I teleported to it haha. Tunnel vision!

These are all with the K-3 and 20-40mm. I'm still putting it through its paces, making sure there are no hidden problems before the return window expires. I think it may get soft at 40mm wide open, but I don't think I mind that because it may be OK for portraits. Backing off to 38mm it is definitely razor sharp again.

IMGP6037 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6064 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6102 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6107 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettEckyHFred Thompson

Aphids and Bumblebees in the garden.  K1 & D FA 100mm F2.8

kcphotogeek, JBP and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
Quote from ahoyhere on July 26, 2022, 9:04 pm

Can I just say how much I appreciate this group you've put together, @james-warner-b? And all you people in it? You're all so talented and lovely!

I had to dip into the dpreview forums yesterday for some technical research and it devolved into a long thread of pretend-astute name-calling and the question that started it off was never even answered. Also! The photos people post there are so often low-quality! They argue and argue with a superior tone and they're not even any good at photography! It's just so miserable, much of the time.

This place is a wonderful and inspiring place, not like that at all.

Your photographs are all so beautiful, I love the shots of your kids and cats and flowers and moths and waterfalls and lakes and toxic deadly pools and restaurant food and fireworks and sunsets with gnarly trees.

I second this comment regarding these forums! I started shooting over 20 years ago and used to participate in an online forum (though I can't remember which one now) and this feels like those 'early' days, with people posting, supporting, and inspiring one another! I'm rediscovering my love for photography, and it's fun to have a space to discuss and post!

I just got home to LA from our month long vacation in MN/SD/MI/WI and am excited to keep shooting as much as I can at home now that we're back to work. 🙂 I'm loving the rental Fuji 60mm Macro and am going to get one. Here are some more macro shots and one landscape shot with the Fuji 15-45 on the XE-4 from my trip.

First image was some birch bark in the UP of MI, a tad overexposed, but I liked the result nonetheless. Second is a winterberry in the UP, third is some flowers from a friends garden in WI, the fourth was a random berry that I found when I stopped in a park in MN as my toddler was sleeping in the car :), and the last is a shot of Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis (with the 15-45mm).

Uploaded files:
  • snap3-1.jpeg
  • snap3-2.jpeg
  • snap3-3.jpeg
  • snap3-4.jpeg
  • snap3-5.jpeg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPBart KersteEckyH

Today on a photo walk with the Olympus E-M10II and the Olympus 12-50/3.5-6.3.
Images edited in darktable.

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220731_butterfly_0001.jpg
  • 20220731_butterfly_0002.jpg
  • 20220731_fly_0003.jpg
SpruceBruce, JBP and Bart Kerste have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPBart Kerste
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from David Maynard on July 31, 2022, 1:59 pm
Quote from ahoyhere on July 26, 2022, 9:04 pm

Can I just say how much I appreciate this group you've put together, @james-warner-b? And all you people in it? You're all so talented and lovely!

I had to dip into the dpreview forums yesterday for some technical research and it devolved into a long thread of pretend-astute name-calling and the question that started it off was never even answered. Also! The photos people post there are so often low-quality! They argue and argue with a superior tone and they're not even any good at photography! It's just so miserable, much of the time.

This place is a wonderful and inspiring place, not like that at all.

Your photographs are all so beautiful, I love the shots of your kids and cats and flowers and moths and waterfalls and lakes and toxic deadly pools and restaurant food and fireworks and sunsets with gnarly trees.

I second this comment regarding these forums! I started shooting over 20 years ago and used to participate in an online forum (though I can't remember which one now) and this feels like those 'early' days, with people posting, supporting, and inspiring one another! I'm rediscovering my love for photography, and it's fun to have a space to discuss and post!

I just got home to LA from our month long vacation in MN/SD/MI/WI and am excited to keep shooting as much as I can at home now that we're back to work. 🙂 I'm loving the rental Fuji 60mm Macro and am going to get one. Here are some more macro shots and one landscape shot with the Fuji 15-45 on the XE-4 from my trip.

First image was some birch bark in the UP of MI, a tad overexposed, but I liked the result nonetheless. Second is a winterberry in the UP, third is some flowers from a friends garden in WI, the fourth was a random berry that I found when I stopped in a park in MN as my toddler was sleeping in the car :), and the last is a shot of Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis (with the 15-45mm).

Great images! The curly bark is so neat, and the background is so nicely blurred. That's a fine lens. And I love that last photo with the starburst! I'm a sucker for those. 😄

I'm happy to hear you're rediscovering your love for photography and I'm glad you're sharing your photographic journey here with us. 🙂 I feel the same way. This forum has really kept me motivated. The photos and stories everyone shares here inspires me to keep taking pictures. 🙂

Quote from EckyH on July 31, 2022, 7:39 pm

Today on a photo walk with the Olympus E-M10II and the Olympus 12-50/3.5-6.3.
Images edited in darktable.

E.

Another Oly EM10II, cool! Nicely done, I especially love that 2nd photo, he's looking right into the camera. Perfect!

We visited a small local zoo yesterday and I brought along the Canon G7X instead of my K-3. That was tough. But I was relieved to have a supremely light and fuss-free kit in the hot sun and I had a lot of fun with it! I did however have a moment of doubt at the beginning when I saw someone with their big ol' Nikon DSLR. Made me want to go right back to the car and get my K-3 (I brought it just in case haha).

Inspired by @ryang zoo photos, I tried to take more creative photos this trip.

IMG_2065 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2095 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2105 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2160 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2181 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

And a couple from a stop in town for dinner on the way home.

IMG_2258 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2259 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucedenniscrommettDavid MaynardEckyH

Closed out July, with my newly acquired Infrared Converted Olympus EM-5 MkIII, coupled with the SMC A 35-105 F3.5/Oly 75-300 Mk II and a 850nm filter, unfortunately it hot spots with the aperture stopped down. Gonna try some other Pentax glass on it, and see the results I get. I got it from MPB after trading my DA Limited lenses and LX100 II, which in a small world @JBP acquired my abused 15mm (unfortunately dying on him). I'm not sure what the actual filter applied has been on the sensor at this point other than the listing saying it was IR converted.

Beau Carpenter, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterkcphotogeekJBPEckyH
PreviousPage 17 of 19Next