Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 13 of 19Next

Man, thanks so much @jbp and @james-warner-b and others for your really nice comments on the food photo, and taking a chance on taking some restaurant photos; it was pretty interesting that's for sure!

And man, @jbp, I'm just loving the K10D photos (especially "IMGP6187," the lake, whoa) and @james-warner-b the GR photos -- makes me glad that I obsessively checked ebay over the weekend and again have an old flame heading to my mailbox, a Ricoh GR (2013 baby!). I had one once, and miss it.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from denniscrommett on July 25, 2022, 10:18 pm

Man, thanks so much @jbp and @james-warner-b for your really nice comments on the food photo and taking a chance on taking some restaurant photos; it was pretty interesting that's for sure!

And man, @jbp, I'm just loving the K10D photos (especially "IMGP6187," the lake, whoa) and @james-warner-b the GR photos -- makes me glad that I obsessively checked ebay over the weekend and again have an old flame heading to my mailbox, a Ricoh GR (2013 baby!). I had one once, and miss it.

Something I really love about this forum is all the proof that you can make beautiful art, capture meaningful moments, with inexpensive gear.

I'm in New Haven, CT, for the week, to eat the best pizza in the country and swim at a great beach, so I'm sure the Fuji X-E2s will have something to say about it. Hope everyone has a great week and takes some beautiful photos!

Thank you! 🙂 And congrats on your GR! Can't wait to see your images with it. I had to look up the Fuji E-2s. I tell you, I haven't Googled a single Fuji camera and thought I wouldn't like it after. They always look so fun and the images are so nice. Have a great trip and have fun with the Fuji! 🙂

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Quote from denniscrommett on July 25, 2022, 3:27 am

Hey all, been a while since I've been on here and I've missed it! So great to see lots of great photos with all kinds of fun cameras. I've done some camera switchin' and have come back to an old flame, the Fuji X-E2s and the two lightweight lenses for it, the 27mm f2.8 (v1) and XC 35mm f2, a combo I'd recommend to anyone. Anyway, just getting out there with it a bit and thought I'd share some firework photos from our town's 250th anniversary celebration. (Think Parks & Rec harvest festival, scaled way down!) It was pretty fun to see fireworks from our front yard. For some reason I thought these photos should be square.

Then there's one last photo from a pretty weird thing that happened: I replied to a Craigslist ad; a website company was looking for someone to take photos of a Peruvian restaurant near me in the Berkshires (for money). Crazily, they accepted, and I had my first paid photo job. Super weird! But thanks to the brand new Fuji 33mm f1.4 we bought at my job (mounted just to my X-E2s), man, I think the food came out looking pretty good! It was fun to take a chance, and despite what I hear about Craigslist, not have anything sketchy happen!

Hope everyone's doing well. Time to go continue to ogle K10D's and Olympus E-300's.

😅 I relate to browsing K10d and Olympus too!

Nicely done with the food photos, there's so much opportunity out there to find a small business in need of some photo/video/design help 👍

denniscrommett and JBP have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettJBP
Quote from kcphotogeek on July 24, 2022, 4:33 pm

Having a few days outside the city, in a place called Tagatay, about a 2hr drive from Manila . All taken with Sony A7 II and Tamron 28-75. Fingers crossed for good landscape conditions

Wow, what an amazing tree. I would have spent hours taking photos of it.  The light from the orbs/lanterns really make the colors pop in the branches. Very nice images!

Quote from Beau Carpenter on July 25, 2022, 1:06 am

I admit, not a July shot (attached), but finally got around to editing this one!

Fujifilm X-T3 + 16-55mm f2.8

This landscape is a July shot however! 50mm on X-T3

The greens in the water shot are so rich and deep.  Had to enlarge it to get all the details!  Very nice capture!  I agree with James that candid photos of family members can be some of the best image taken. I try to do the same when I'm out an about with my family.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Fantastic content everyone!  This month has been super great, and everyone's contributions are influencing me to shoot better and try new composition.

@james-warner-b Have you made it to the Lamar Valley yet?  Saw you said you haven't seen much wildlife yet, there's good chances of seeing every species in the park there.  Awesome GR shots!

@denniscrommet Really love the fireworks and that product shot looks excellent!

@kankrat That's straight Nat Geo quality!

@jbp You're brave to take your cams out on those windy swells.  I'm too chicken to still try lol, I've only ever taken my Pentax Q with me, since at the worse I wouldn't kill my wallet with the worst possible outcome with water damage.

Phelps Mill in Ottertail County, Minnesota. Pentax K1 & FA 31 Limited.  Great day of fishing and hanging out with my pup.  Random abandoned mill in Battle Lake too.

KankRat, denniscrommett and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
KankRatdenniscrommettDavid Maynard

Took a quick trip to the Zoo a few weeks ago to test out a lens adapter for my M50 MII.  I tired to shoot more unconventional Zoo photos, looking for hidden color, patterns and lighting.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_9075-copy.jpg
  • IMG_9246-copy.jpg
  • IMG_9241-copy.jpg
  • IMG_9101-copy.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterdenniscrommettJBP
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 26, 2022, 1:40 am

@james-warner-b Have you made it to the Lamar Valley yet?  Saw you said you haven't seen much wildlife yet, there's good chances of seeing every species in the park there.  Awesome GR shots!

No, and sadly won't be able to this time, but I've done it before. We did the long hike without the kids, and then with the kids just hit up old faithful area because we needed to be in and out of there for their sake. We will do a short trip through Teton national park so might see something there. Last time I was there we saw two moose and a bear. 🙂 My in-laws live up here so I get to go back often, which is nice. Don't have to feel like I need to pack it all in one trip.

I like those 31mm shots a lot. The dog shots and the last metal building shot are my favorites. I don't ever see that kinda stuff unless I'm out east, or I guess if I get to visit Minnesota sometime.

Some SOOC JPEGs from the Ricoh GR with a polarizing filter I'm testing out from Freewell (magnetic kind, kinda cool).

Dust spots still included 🙂 😀

KankRat, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezdenniscrommettDavid Maynard
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from RyanG on July 26, 2022, 1:47 am

Took a quick trip to the Zoo a few weeks ago to test out a lens adapter for my M50 MII.  I tired to shoot more unconventional Zoo photos, looking for hidden color, patterns and lighting.

I love this because every time I go to the zoo with the kids I want to take pictures but don't know what of. Just feels weird taking pictures of the animals behind the enclosures. Way to be creative 🙂

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Happy snappin' 🙂

PreviousPage 13 of 19Next