Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 12 of 19Next
Quote from JBP on July 24, 2022, 1:48 pm
Quote from Bart Kerste on July 24, 2022, 11:45 am

Just a morning out with my most favorite lens, the 35mm four-thirds macro lens.

So it was a macro four-thirds, then? ... ... 😁

Hilarious 😀

A K10D seems to become my "garden camera", in particular with the FA 50/1.7.
The hibiscus image is just cropped and exported  to JPEG, the image of our Katie got some contrast and saturation enhancements and slight sharpening in darktable.

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220724_hibiscus_0001.jpg
  • 20220724_katie_0001.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPahoyhereBart KersteRyanG
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Having a few days outside the city, in a place called Tagatay, about a 2hr drive from Manila . All taken with Sony A7 II and Tamron 28-75. Fingers crossed for good landscape conditions

Uploaded files:
  • 617BB8DF-9ACB-4F27-906B-37F9A5D25909.jpeg
  • B5C456FE-8002-48D4-BF8E-310AA00AE048.jpeg
  • C80B3483-DB0E-42D5-B629-A2D89EA5A308.jpeg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPahoyhereDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyHRyanG
Kieran

I admit, not a July shot (attached), but finally got around to editing this one!

Fujifilm X-T3 + 16-55mm f2.8

This landscape is a July shot however! 50mm on X-T3

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF0059_04.jpg
James Warner, KankRat and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPahoyhereDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from kcphotogeek on July 24, 2022, 4:33 pm

Having a few days outside the city, in a place called Tagatay, about a 2hr drive from Manila . All taken with Sony A7 II and Tamron 28-75. Fingers crossed for good landscape conditions

Those shots are so cool! What a neat location to shoot at. I'd come home with 500 photos of that one tree haha

Quote from Beau Carpenter on July 25, 2022, 1:06 am

I admit, not a July shot, but finally got around to editing this one!

Nice pose you caught there! The colors in that photo are brilliant. That Fuji magic!

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeekahoyhere

Hey all, been a while since I've been on here and I've missed it! So great to see lots of great photos with all kinds of fun cameras. I've done some camera switchin' and have come back to an old flame, the Fuji X-E2s and the two lightweight lenses for it, the 27mm f2.8 (v1) and XC 35mm f2, a combo I'd recommend to anyone. Anyway, just getting out there with it a bit and thought I'd share some firework photos from our town's 250th anniversary celebration. (Think Parks & Rec harvest festival, scaled way down!) It was pretty fun to see fireworks from our front yard. For some reason I thought these photos should be square.

Then there's one last photo from a pretty weird thing that happened: I replied to a Craigslist ad; a website company was looking for someone to take photos of a Peruvian restaurant near me in the Berkshires (for money). Crazily, they accepted, and I had my first paid photo job. Super weird! But thanks to the brand new Fuji 33mm f1.4 we bought at my job (mounted just to my X-E2s), man, I think the food came out looking pretty good! It was fun to take a chance, and despite what I hear about Craigslist, not have anything sketchy happen!

Hope everyone's doing well. Time to go continue to ogle K10D's and Olympus E-300's.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF1368-1.jpg
  • DSCF1369-2.jpg
  • DSCF1370-3.jpg
  • DSCF1371-4.jpg
  • alpamayo-javier-and-space-1398.jpg
James Warner, KankRat and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPahoyhereDavid MaynardEckyHRyanG
Quote from denniscrommett on July 25, 2022, 3:27 am

Hey all, been a while since I've been on here and I've missed it! So great to see lots of great photos with all kinds of fun cameras. I've done some camera switchin' and have come back to an old flame, the Fuji X-E2s and the two lightweight lenses for it, the 27mm f2.8 (v1) and XC 35mm f2, a combo I'd recommend to anyone. Anyway, just getting out there with it a bit and thought I'd share some firework photos from our town's 250th anniversary celebration. (Think Parks & Rec harvest festival, scaled way down!) It was pretty fun to see fireworks from our front yard. For some reason I thought these photos should be square.

Then there's one last photo from a pretty weird thing that happened: I replied to a Craigslist ad; a website company was looking for someone to take photos of a Peruvian restaurant near me in the Berkshires (for money). Crazily, they accepted, and I had my first paid photo job. Super weird! But thanks to the brand new Fuji 33mm f1.4 we bought at my job (mounted just to my X-E2s), man, I think the food came out looking pretty good! It was fun to take a chance, and despite what I hear about Craigslist, not have anything sketchy happen!

Hope everyone's doing well. Time to go continue to ogle K10D's and Olympus E-300's.

It's good to hear from you again. 🙂 I think square crop works great, good choice. I have to say, you hit it out of the park with that food photo. Seriously stellar. I think that's something you don't realize how hard it can be until you try it. The lens focal length makes a surprising difference, and the angle, lighting, white balance, and focus point all have to be perfect. You nailed it all. And I feel super hungry now; so the photo is definitely doing its job! 😁

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett

Hummingbird moths beat their wings about the same rate as a hummingbird 60X per second.  1/2500 is not fast enough to freeze them. Not that I want to.  Best to click on it and view in Flickr.  Detail is pretty cool.

Hummingbird moth by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPahoyhereDavid MaynardEckyH

Love it! Was it a misty day, or is that a filter you are using to get that soft highlight effect?

I admit, not a July shot (attached), but finally got around to editing this one!

Your kid is precious. As a father, those are my favorite pictures 🙂

Congrats! Good on you for being brave and putting yourself out there! It can be hard. Good looking results.

Quote from KankRat on July 25, 2022, 2:11 pm

Hummingbird moths beat their wings about the same rate as a hummingbird 60X per second.  1/2500 is not fast enough to freeze them. Not that I want to.  Best to click on it and view in Flickr.  Detail is pretty cool.

Awesome shot!

I'm on a family vacation right now, but I have managed to snag a few shots. Here's a few from a hike we went on to a waterfall with hot springs at the bottom! Pretty cool. I dropped my Ricoh GR in the stream right before we got to the waterfall (dangit!). Thankfully it came to life again after taking out the battery and SD card and letting it sit in the sun for a half hour. That was scary though. I really love that camera. That's the risk you take though. But that's why I don't have too many pictures. My friend got a bunch on his waterproof iPhone 13 though. 😀

Some stream crossings on the way to the falls (18 mile round trip hike)

Mosquitos were terrible. These nets were the best few bucks I ever spent. Here's my wife crossing one of the streams

Mostly a wooded hike, but one big stretch of prairie

The falls

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPahoyhereDavid MaynardEckyHRyanG
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on July 25, 2022, 3:45 pm

Love it! Was it a misty day, or is that a filter you are using to get that soft highlight effect?

Your kid is precious. As a father, those are my favorite pictures 🙂

Congrats! Good on you for being brave and putting yourself out there! It can be hard. Good looking results.

Quote from KankRat on July 25, 2022, 2:11 pm

Awesome shot!

I'm on a family vacation right now, but I have managed to snag a few shots. Here's a few from a hike we went on to a waterfall with hot springs at the bottom! Pretty cool. I dropped my Ricoh GR in the stream right before we got to the waterfall (dangit!). Thankfully it came to life again after taking out the battery and SD card and letting it sit in the sun for a half hour. That was scary though. I really love that camera. That's the risk you take though. But that's why I don't have too many pictures. My friend got a bunch on his waterproof iPhone 13 though. 😀

Some stream crossings on the way to the falls (18 mile round trip hike)

Mosquitos were terrible. These nets were the best few bucks I ever spent. Here's my wife crossing one of the streams

Mostly a wooded hike, but one big stretch of prairie

The falls

Looks like you had a blast. 🙂 What a beautiful place that is. The GR does such an amazing job at landscapes. Those blue skies...wow. Did you haul a tripod with you for the waterfall shots or did you prop it up against something? They came out great!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

I took two cameras kayaking for the first time. It was a bit much to juggle but it was worth it to have wide and tele available. I had the 18-135 on my K10D and 55-300 on my K-3. Ironically the only wildlife action shots I got were with the K10D. I had the K10D focus mode set on "auto" for the geese in flight and surprisingly it did great. Locked on and stayed locked on. 🙂

I always get visitors on the kayak.
 IMGP4918 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Crop of the last photo. I'm always amazed at the detail the 55-300 can deliver.
 IMGP4918-2 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

They want me out of their neighborhood.
 IMGP4958 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4968 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

There were herons here last time. I think it was too windy for them today.
 IMGP5002 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

K10D bringing the wide angle action.
 IMGP6187 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

The K10D really pulled its weight. It's what I had in hand when they took flight. It did amazingly well... I am shocked. Look at how busy the background is, and it just locked right onto the goose.
 IMGP6235 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6238 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

It was VERY windy.
 IMGP6245 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and EckyH have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceEckyH
PreviousPage 12 of 19Next