Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 11 of 19Next

I was in Colorado for a wee bit at the start of July and finally got the chance to a) photograph some nice landscapes and b) get some bloody film developed! Cameras used here are the Pentax LX with Ilford HP5 and the K-1 Mk ii using the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 and, for the portrait Garden of the Gods pic, the FA 77mm f1.8 Limited. Pics are savagely compressed so apologies for any loss in quality.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0837-dng_DxO_PRIME.jpg
  • IMGP1025-DNG_DxO_PRIME-2.jpg
  • IMGP0944-dng_DxO_PRIME.jpg
  • AAA010.jpg
  • IMGP0802-dng_DxO_PRIME.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPBart Kerste

@jbp you could always buy a cheap manual focus set of extension tubes, and work them in conjunction with the Helios/Raynox Diopter for a cheap holdover! I get plenty of macro shots with manual focus film era extension tubes.

@fradboob Compression or not! Those are some killer wall hangers!  Maybe I'll add the FA77 limited to my K1 arsenal one day!

K1& FA 31 Limited, first time using astrotracer! There's a huge solar storm going on, and the Auroral oval dropped into Minnesota.  Got these shots from an Airbnb in the woods we're staying at for my girlfriend's cousin wedding tomorrow.  Too bad the trees cut out the horizon, but I've never captured a pillar like that yet! Some misc side of road stuff with the SMC A 35-105 F3.5 too

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP2704.jpg
  • IMGP2712.jpg
  • IMGP2667-2.jpg
  • IMGP2673-1.jpg
  • IMGP2680-1.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterdenniscrommettJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH

@sprucebruce I saw the lights up in the U.P. of Michigan last night too! They were faint but beautiful!

Here are some more shots from the U.P. with my trusty Fuji XE-4. We've had amazing sunsets every day and stars every night, I have about a million photos!

Day / sunset shots are with the Fuji 15-45 and Velvia recipe, star/aurora shots with the Samyung 12.0 f/2 manual lens attached and RAW.

Uploaded files:
  • snap2-1.jpeg
  • snap2-2.jpeg
  • snap2-3.jpeg
  • snap2-4.jpeg
  • snap2-5.jpeg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPFradBoobBart KersteEckyH
Quote from FradBoob on July 23, 2022, 3:40 am

I was in Colorado for a wee bit at the start of July and finally got the chance to a) photograph some nice landscapes and b) get some bloody film developed! Cameras used here are the Pentax LX with Ilford HP5 and the K-1 Mk ii using the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 and, for the portrait Garden of the Gods pic, the FA 77mm f1.8 Limited. Pics are savagely compressed so apologies for any loss in quality.

Excellent landscapes! I agree with @sprucebruce, definitely wall hangars!

Quote from SpruceBruce on July 23, 2022, 5:43 am

@jbp you could always buy a cheap manual focus set of extension tubes, and work them in conjunction with the Helios/Raynox Diopter for a cheap holdover! I get plenty of macro shots with manual focus film era extension tubes.

@fradboob Compression or not! Those are some killer wall hangers!  Maybe I'll add the FA77 limited to my K1 arsenal one day!

K1& FA 31 Limited, first time using astrotracer! There's a huge solar storm going on, and the Auroral oval dropped into Minnesota.  Got these shots from an Airbnb in the woods we're staying at for my girlfriend's cousin wedding tomorrow.  Too bad the trees cut out the horizon, but I've never captured a pillar like that yet! Some misc side of road stuff with the SMC A 35-105 F3.5 too

Awesome shots, great job w/astrotracer. I can't wait to try that someday. Looks so fun. Really like the old truck and window. Talk about a nice patina.  I'll have to look into the extension tubes, never considered it. Thanks! 🙂

Quote from David Maynard on July 23, 2022, 2:55 pm

@sprucebruce I saw the lights up in the U.P. of Michigan last night too! They were faint but beautiful!

Here are some more shots from the U.P. with my trusty Fuji XE-4. We've had amazing sunsets every day and stars every night, I have about a million photos!

Day / sunset shots are with the Fuji 15-45 and Velvia recipe, star/aurora shots with the Samyung 12.0 f/2 manual lens attached and RAW.

You must have been posting at the same time as me. Killer sunset shots! Love the framing of the flowers, and the gradient from red/pink/orange to blue in the other one is super nice. Those aurora shots...stunning. That would be a dream come true for me - just to see them, let alone get such brilliant photos of them. Great job!

David Maynard has reacted to this post.
David Maynard

Oh man, absolutely loving the Aurora coverage here. I'm with @jbp - it's a dream to photograph it one day, or at least see it! Very cool. I just did two days in Yellowstone, and saw hardly any wildlife - certainly nothing worth sharing. While that means the 55-300mm PLM didn't get to see it's primary use, it does mean that I didn't lug around my 300mm DA* the whole time, so I still count it as a success 😀

I did get some other random pics with my GR mostly I'll share later.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

Here's another Helios 44k-4 shot. It's totally out of focus but I really like it anyway. I just love the rendering of this lens when wide open.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP4549-3.jpg
SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettDavid Maynard

Beautiful pictures.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.

Just a morning out with my most favorite lens, the 35mm four-thirds macro lens. Which in turn fits on the E30, a very nice camera. Everything always looks so different when you look through a macro lens.

Uploaded files:
  • P7249919.jpeg
  • P7249939.jpeg
  • P7249945.jpeg
  • P7249961.jpeg
  • P7249941.jpeg
SpruceBruce, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
Quote from Bart Kerste on July 24, 2022, 11:45 am

Just a morning out with my most favorite lens, the 35mm four-thirds macro lens. Which in turn fits on the E30, a very nice camera. Everything always looks so different when you look through a macro lens.

So it was a macro four-thirds, then? ... ... 😁

Great photos! Love me some macro. The berries are my favorite, I love that they fill the frame and the way the light is coming through them. 🙂

Beau Carpenter, David Maynard and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
PreviousPage 11 of 19Next