Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 10 of 19Next
Quote from David Maynard on July 20, 2022, 4:25 am

Hello! I rented a macro lens to play with on my trip to the midwest (Fuji 60mm f/2.4 macro)! Here are wildflower shots from the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota! The flowers were everywhere up there and amazing!

I'm now in the U.P. of Michigan and will see what fun photos I can grab while I'm up here. I'm loving shooting every day!

@sprucebruce, holy cow on those macro shots! I agree with @ahoyhere on the top one being my favorite!

Great photos! I don't have a true macro lens, and certainly not 1:1 macro, but it's one of my favorite things to do... a macro lens should definitely be my next lens. The white flower with the water droplets is so nice!

Quote from Beau Carpenter on July 20, 2022, 11:05 am

Hello! I rented a macro lens to play with on my trip to the midwest (Fuji 60mm f/2.4 macro)! Here are wildflower shots from the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota! The flowers were everywhere up there and amazing!

I'm now in the U.P. of Michigan and will see what fun photos I can grab while I'm up here. I'm loving shooting every day!

@sprucebruce, holy cow on those macro shots! I agree with @ahoyhere on the top one being my favorite!

Great shots! Trying out a true macro lens is definitely on my wishlist.

The picture of the white and yellow flower, was that a single exposure? Focus Stacked?

Same! The only one I've used, briefly, is my wife's Olympus 60mm macro. It's the most quality feeling lens I've ever used and it is tack sharp. I believe I used it only once because I don't want to be tempted to hog her camera. 🤣

SpruceBruce and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDavid Maynard
Quote from Beau Carpenter on July 20, 2022, 11:05 am

Great shots! Trying out a true macro lens is definitely on my wishlist.

The picture of the white and yellow flower, was that a single exposure? Focus Stacked?

Thank you! That is a single photo, stopped down to f/16, handheld at iso 320 with a shutter speed of 1/140.

This lens isn’t “true” macro of 1X but .5X, but it’s close enough for me. 🙂 I’m really liking it and might have to get one. 🙂

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP

A 2-in-1 flower in our garden. 😉

Pentax K10D, FA 50/1.7, edited in darktable.

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220720_flowers_0001.jpg
SpruceBruce and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDavid Maynard
Veni, vidi, serravi.

First shot is the Minolta 7D/70-210 Beer Can and latter 4 shots are the 50mm F1.7.

@davidmaynard love the flower shots! I need to get some photos of the invasive Alpine Lupines up there!

Uploaded files:
  • PICT4935.jpg
  • PICT4704-1.jpg
  • PICT5036.jpg
  • PICT5005.jpg
  • PICT5052-1.jpg
denniscrommett, JBP and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH

Just for the sake of awww.

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220721_awww_0001.jpg
SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardBart Kerste
Veni, vidi, serravi.

We are not amused. (Pentax K10D, FA 100/2.8 Macro, edited in darktable)

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220721_not_amused_0001.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPahoyhereBart Kerste
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Took a walk with the Helios 44k-4. I'm getting better with manual focusing, slowly. Fewer out of focus shots each outing. Although this time I did a couple on purpose. 🙂 I also had fun playing with lens flare. Usually to be avoided, but I really enjoy the look of them from this lens. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure lol

IMGP4529 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4586 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4599 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4615 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

You can clearly see the light reflecting off the bare metal aperture blades in this one, pretty neat
 IMGP4643 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4649 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4663 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Pretty much the same as last one but I tried to avoid lens flare this time

IMGP4667 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP4688 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettFradBoobEckyH
Quote from JBP on July 22, 2022, 12:28 am

Took a walk with the Helios 44k-4. I'm getting better with manual focusing, slowly. Fewer out of focus shots each outing. Although this time I did a couple on purpose. 🙂 I also had fun playing with lens flare. Usually to be avoided, but I really enjoy the look of them from this lens. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure lol

You can clearly see the light reflecting off the bare metal aperture blades in this one, pretty neat

I always feel like you get great results out of the Helios... meanwhile my own one sits around collecting dust....have you ever tried snapping the Raynox on it?

Pentax KP and the Tamron PZ-AF 1.4x Teleconverter/ D FA 100mm Macro.  Excited I found this Teleconverter in the clearance bin at my local camera shop for $9.99, works perfectly fine.  Seems like I'm the only Pentax shooter in Minnesota lol, whenever I go into the store they always have the Pentax gear marked down.  Also there's a very belligerent "Come at me Bro" spider I found today lol!

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0070-1.jpg
  • IMGP0129-1.jpg
  • IMGP0030-2.jpg
  • IMGP0057-2.jpg
  • IMGP0143-1.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 22, 2022, 4:16 am
Quote from JBP on July 22, 2022, 12:28 am

I always feel like you get great results out of the Helios... meanwhile my own one sits around collecting dust....have you ever tried snapping the Raynox on it?

Pentax KP and the Tamron PZ-AF 1.4x Teleconverter/ D FA 100mm Macro.  Excited I found this Teleconverter in the clearance bin at my local camera shop for $9.99, works perfectly fine.  Seems like I'm the only Pentax shooter in Minnesota lol, whenever I go into the store they always have the Pentax gear marked down.  Also there's a very belligerent "Come at me Bro" spider I found today lol!

Wow those photos are nice! My jaw dropped when I saw the ant... he's huge in the frame and there's so much detail! The one with the pink flower is so clean. I love the pose and the symmetry of his legs on the flower, and his feelers (?) fading into pink like the flower. You are right, that spider definitely has a "come at me!" look haha

What a treat those photos are, thanks for sharing and inspiring me to do more macro! I just bought the Olympus 75-300 II for my wife or I'd jump on that B&H 100mm macro listing. I'll have to bust out the Raynox more in the meantime. I have put it on the Helios before (the lightning bug here https://www.flickr.com/photos/31851089@N00/52199191908/in/datetaken-public/). It lets me focus much closer but I doubt it counts as true macro. But it is a fun combo. 🙂

It's supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday so I took a quick hike after work today with my K10D and DA 35mm f/2.4. I needed some CCD action and I realized I've never tried the 35mm on the K10D. They are a good pair! And I love that I don't feel the need to edit most of the photos from the K10D. The ones I've edited here have a "-#" at the end of the filename, usually to bring up shadows or correct white balance.

I found myself surrounded by poison ivy the entire time... I was careful but I tend to get it just by looking at it 😅

The butterfly is with the 55-300 DA-L. The rest are the 35mm

IMGP5889 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5920 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5948 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5970-2 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5982 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5996 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6014 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6018 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

This one is my favorite. I was about to cross the stump when I saw the slug - almost missed him!

IMGP6084-2 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6095 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettFradBoobEckyH
PreviousPage 10 of 19Next