Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR JULY PHOTOS! (2022)

Page 1 of 19Next

Kicked this month off with the OG Fuji Finepix Pro S2 paired with macro extension tubes & Nikkor 135mm F3.5/ 200mm F4.  Capturing the mundane on walks with the pup around town in those beautiful circa 2002 super CCD rendered colors.  Fun fact, there's native catcus plants in SW Minnesota that are native to a small corner of the state border near Iowa/SD, that a gardener has managed to adapt to the Central MN soil and climate at my community garden outside my house.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF0057.jpg
  • DSCF0050.jpg
  • DSCF0012-1.jpg
  • DSCF0035.jpg
  • DSCF0018.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterdenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPahoyheregroverDavid MaynardBart KersteFred Thompson

I went camping this weekend and got a chance to test my new-to-me Tamron 70-200 F2.8 on my K-3 ii.

Even though I now have two copies of this lens, I couldn't resist buying the second as it was in "as-new" condition (literally never used) for $300 USD all-in. Not sure I'll hang onto both.

The goal this weekend was to check if the lens IQ was the same as my other copy. I'm satisfied that it is.

I love that this lens focuses so close ( 0.95m ) which is what gives it the "macro" designation (not true 1:1 of course). All shots were hand-held while on a walk and all are cropped.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0122.JPG
  • IMGP0023-copy.JPG
  • IMGP0010-copy.JPG
  • IMGP0015.JPG
  • IMGP0047.JPG
SpruceBruce, red5isalive and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucered5isalivekcphotogeekJBPahoyhereBart KersteEckyHFred Thompson

Happy 4th!

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0562.jpg
  • IMGP0630.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPahoyheregroverBart KersteFred Thompson
Quote from TSTS on July 5, 2022, 1:17 am

Happy 4th!

Red, white, and blue sky... I see what you did there. 🙂

James Warner and TSTS have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTSTS

New month, new races.

This time the 24 Hours of Motorbikes at Barcelona.

I just took it easy, wanted to test my Sigma 100-300mm f4 that came back from the repair shop. It still burns my images when it wants. It seems that at some point the lens stops sending the F information to the camera and then no matter if you manually stop down the lens, it just keeps bruning images. That happens when you use a shutter speed (in TV mode) lower than 1/400th of a second which I tend to do often. It is a pitty because I was enjoying it so much, the AF, the reach, you know when you feel at home with a camera and lens.... and then.....

Well, all pics taken with Pentax K3 and K3-II + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Pentax DA 50-135mm f2.8 and Sigma 100-300mm f4.

Hope you like them:

A beautiful Yamaha R1 all blue in the box before the race

_IMG0449 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Here at the begining of the race both race leaders in a fight for 1st place

_IMG9392 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Hours on the leading team stopped to swap riders, there usually are 3 or 4 riders per team.

_IMG0022 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Refueling is crucial as changing brake pads and tyres when needed

_IMG0098 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And it usually leaves us images like this one (actually that's the most dangerous moment of all as the bike can catch fire)

_IMG0143 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Team Work is key in life, but specially in an Endurance Race like this one. Mechanics push the bikes to help riders be back on track as soon as possible

_IMG0642 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG0551 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

One more refueling moment for the leaders. The rider is waiting for the crew to end up adding fuel to jump on the bike again (rules say the rider has to wait until that moment to touch the bike)

_IMG0966 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Here we have the leaders turning at Turn 10 (i tell you, that's NOT the way everyone else was doing so, but that guy was repeating the move lap after lap)

_IMG1628 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

They usually break like this:

_IMG1778 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Then the night made it's appearance

_IMG2108 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2141 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And it was time for me to go to sleep and come back the next morning

Those guys where the leaders when I left, no more the next morning. Please see all the rubber in the bike (the black dots on the body)

_IMG1192 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I was lucky enough to find a gap between the winner team to shoot the flag and then those guys where above me

_IMG2276 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Here the rider took victory:

_IMG2261 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Some team celebrations:

_IMG2325 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And the winners:

_IMG2469 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

All the best,

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPgroverBart KersteEckyHFred Thompson
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from red5isalive on July 5, 2022, 7:19 pm

New month, new races.

I just took it easy, wanted to test my Sigma 100-300mm f4 that came back from the repair shop. It still burns my images when it wants. It seems that at some point the lens stops sending the F information to the camera and then no matter if you manually stop down the lens, it just keeps bruning images. That happens when you use a shutter speed (in TV mode) lower than 1/400th of a second which I tend to do often. It is a pitty because I was enjoying it so much, the AF, the reach, you know when you feel at home with a camera and lens.... and then.....

Well, all pics taken with Pentax K3 and K3-II + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Pentax DA 50-135mm f2.8 and Sigma 100-300mm f4.

Hope you like them:

Hours on the leading team stopped to swap riders, there usually are 3 or 4 riders per team.

And it usually leaves us images like this one (actually that's the most dangerous moment of all as the bike can catch fire)

Team Work is key in life, but specially in an Endurance Race like this one. Mechanics push the bikes to help riders be back on track as soon as possible

One more refueling moment for the leaders. The rider is waiting for the crew to end up adding fuel to jump on the bike again (rules say the rider has to wait until that moment to touch the bike)

Here we have the leaders turning at Turn 10 (i tell you, that's NOT the way everyone else was doing so, but that guy was repeating the move lap after lap)

Those guys where the leaders when I left, no more the next morning. Please see all the rubber in the bike (the black dots on the body)

I was lucky enough to find a gap between the winner team to shoot the flag and then those guys where above me

Some team celebrations:

And the winners:

All the best,

Those night shots are mesmerizing!

pics taken with Pentax K3 and K3-II + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Pentax DA 50-135mm f2.8 and Sigma 100-300mm f4.

Awesome shots again.

And nice lens selection. I have K-3 II, Sigma 17-50mm, and Tamron 70-200mm.... which is inspiring because it means my camera is not my limitation 😉

New month, new races.

Hope you like them:

I have not delved into motocross. Your beautiful photos and your story are impressive. Beautiful series of photos, clear explanations, actually a kind of documentary.

red5isalive has reacted to this post.
red5isalive
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.

From polder to harbor

My apologies for my poor translation in English. I use google translate.

Today I started shooting with my camera the Konica Minolta Dimage A200, a camera from 2003. I got on my bike and then I realized how diverse the landscape in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen (Netherlands) is. The landscape actually runs from polder to harbour. Places where generations have worked hard to build a life.
This is a series of photos from polder to harbor

All photos are post-processed (contrast, colors, sharpness), but I actually do that with all photos.

Uploaded files:
  • PICT0461.jpg
  • PICT0473-1.jpg
  • PICT0478.jpg
  • PICT0485.jpg
  • PICT0493.jpg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPgroverEckyHFred Thompson
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 5, 2022, 8:59 pm

New month, new races.

Hope you like them:

Some team celebrations:

And the winners:

All the best,

Those night shots are mesmerizing!

Thank you Bruce, glad you like them 🙂

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce