Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your January Photos! (2023)

PreviousPage 4 of 4
Quote from JBP on January 27, 2023, 11:33 pm

Shot with my new-to-me Pentax 35mm macro. Fun little lens. 🙂

IMGP4910 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

This is an amazing pic!  I have to ask.  What kind of leaf is this?  It's almost totally hydrophobic in spots like a lotus!

Each droplet has a story to tell.  They almost look like mercury.

Hello, it's me again.

I was recently done with the first semester so I got to spend a day with my friends at that one place but I remembered to grab the x-pro1 this time and ended up with some really lovely images

Uploaded files:
  • 2023-01-29-05.23.52-1-01.jpeg
  • 1674999988751-01.jpeg
  • IMG_20230129_140138.jpg
  • IMG_20230129_152747.jpg
  • IMG_20230129_175032.jpg
Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Quote from KankRat on January 28, 2023, 11:46 pm

This is an amazing pic!  I have to ask.  What kind of leaf is this?  It's almost totally hydrophobic in spots like a lotus!

Thank you! I'm not sure what kind of leaf it is... I tried to do some sleuthing but with the leaves fallen I'm not even sure which tree it came from.

Quote from Gawad on January 29, 2023, 3:53 pm

Hello, it's me again.

I was recently done with the first semester so I got to spend a day with my friends at that one place but I remembered to grab the x-pro1 this time and ended up with some really lovely images

These are great! That first one is perfection!

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Quote from JBP on January 29, 2023, 8:04 pm

Hello, it's me again.

These are great! That first one is perfection!

Thank you so much, I really love the first one too, it's been a while since I liked one of my shots that much honestly

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Quote from JBP on January 29, 2023, 8:04 pm
Quote from KankRat on January 28, 2023, 11:46 pm

Thank you! I'm not sure what kind of leaf it is... I tried to do some sleuthing but with the leaves fallen I'm not even sure which tree it came from.

https://www.jeremyjordan.me/lotus-leaf-how-nature-makes-water-repellant-materials/

Maybe a lot of leaves do that ?  I never really checked.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

Hello, it's me again.

Beautiful, these are so great!

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Quote from Beau Carpenter on January 31, 2023, 2:06 am

Beautiful, these are so great!

Thank you so much ❤️

Haven't taken this many photos in January since...well ever.

Uploaded files:
  • untitled-24-2-DNG_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
  • untitled-16.jpg
  • untitled-13-2-DNG_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
  • untitled-3.jpg
  • untitled-1.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterJBP
Kieran

I picked up a Fujifilm FinePix S700 for $25 that I plan to let my daughter use once I get a filter to protect the front element (I gave her a Minolta Dimage some weeks ago and she damaged the front element pretty fast...oops!). I tell you what, Fujifilm knows how to make a nice looking camera! It looks like it could have been made today, and the ergonomics are great too.

I took it for a spin this morning to see what it can do. It was bright, windy, and cold. Tough conditions with any camera but I found it especially difficult with this one. I wasn't too surprised that it was difficult to use the LCD screen in bright light but I was surprised that the EVF was not much better. But it is a 2007 budget cam. But I got a couple I like, and I'm impressed with the IQ and colors. 🙂 The camera has a macro mode that lets you focus insanely close - the camera can be touching the object and it still can focus. Fun!

Here's a couple SOOC jpegs.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF0038.JPG
  • DSCF0040.JPG
SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
PreviousPage 4 of 4