Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your January Photos! (2023)

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Well it's not chilly here in Manila I usually struggle to get out in January cause of my job being busy at year end. But have made good strides getting out every week so far.

It's not intentional but don't think I could've posted 5 more different pics if I tried 🙂

Uploaded files:
  • untitled-1.jpg
  • untitled-75.jpg
  • untitled-2.jpg
  • untitled-2-3.jpg
  • untitled-41.jpg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadJBP
Kieran

Last post duped not sure why but here's another pic

Uploaded files:
  • untitled-23.jpg
Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceGawadJBP
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on January 22, 2023, 3:06 pm

Well it's not chilly here in Manila I usually struggle to get out in January cause of my job being busy at year end. But have made good strides getting out every week so far.

It's not intentional but don't think I could've posted 5 more different pics if I tried 🙂

Great photos as always. I really love the staircase, bicycle, and street lamp w/pedestrian photos. It's nice to have images that flow from one to another and clearly go together, but it turns out the exact opposite is really fun as well! I love the variety. So often I feel like all my photos are pretty much the same. Close up of mushroom here, close up of moss there. 😆 So bravo!!

Here are some from a hike yesterday. I am enjoying the print tool in Lightroom for collages, although I haven't figured out a user-friendly way to do portrait-oriented photos yet.

IMGP4542 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

2xH2O by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Snow and Shrooms by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Snow and Wood by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Traveller by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazskcphotogeekDavid Maynardmattlinardo
Quote from JBP on January 23, 2023, 4:41 pm

Great photos as always. I really love the staircase, bicycle, and street lamp w/pedestrian photos. It's nice to have images that flow from one to another and clearly go together, but it turns out the exact opposite is really fun as well!.

Thanks, probably because I used a bunch of different prime lenses this last month from 18mm to 135mm. Looking forward to getting a fast 85mm lens for street/baby portraits

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Kieran

Great photos as always. I really love the staircase, bicycle, and street lamp w/pedestrian photos. It's nice to have images that flow from one to another and clearly go together, but it turns out the exact opposite is really fun as well! I love the variety. So often I feel like all my photos are pretty much the same. Close up of mushroom here, close up of moss there. 😆 So bravo!!

Here are some from a hike yesterday. I am enjoying the print tool in Lightroom for collages, although I haven't figured out a user-friendly way to do portrait-oriented photos yet.

Love these shots! Do you pre-visualize what will be black and white or find it in the edit?

JBP
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on January 25, 2023, 3:59 am

Love these shots! Do you pre-visualize what will be black and white or find it in the edit?

Thank you! This time of year I visualize a lot of shots in B&W. But often I reverse course in the edit, and vice versa when I think a shot will be color but end up making it B&W. The flowing water shots I thought for sure would be B&W, but once I got home I liked them better in color. As I gain more experience I think more of my shots end up how I imagined them. I think framing is where I've improved the most. I have found I don't have to crop images to improve framing nearly as much now as a year or two ago.

Here's a shot from yesterday with my trusty 18-135mm which when I use it always has me questioning why I own some of my other lenses. It's my ol' reliable! 🙂 I've been meaning to keep a tripod on me when I'm out and about with my camera but when it comes to it I always leave it behind. So all my recent soft water shots are done by resting my hand against a rock, which is a more satisfying feeling than lugging around a tripod, and just reinforces my bad habit of never ever bringing one along! 😆

IMGP4882 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, Gawad and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadDavid Maynard

Shot with my new-to-me Pentax 35mm macro. Fun little lens. 🙂

IMGP4910 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceHeggenDazs
Quote from JBP on January 27, 2023, 11:33 pm

Shot with my new-to-me Pentax 35mm macro. Fun little lens. 🙂

IMGP4910 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

All hail the 35mm Limited!

JBP

Living in Minnesota, winter photography can be tough sometimes, so I made it a goal today to capture barns and their scars and patina from years of neglect or straight abandonment.  All shot on the Olympus E-500 w/14-45/45-150 kit lens.  I personally got a kick out of the tin barn with the Built to Last, Not for Looks plywood sign.

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterGawadkcphotogeekJBPDavid Maynard
Quote from SpruceBruce on January 28, 2023, 7:29 am

Living in Minnesota, winter photography can be tough sometimes, so I made it a goal today to capture barns and their scars and patina from years of neglect or straight abandonment.  All shot on the Olympus E-500 w/14-45/45-150 kit lens.  I personally got a kick out of the tin barn with the Built to Last, Not for Looks plywood sign.

Hah! I missed that sign the first time through. 😆

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next