Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your January Photos! (2023)

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on January 13, 2023, 4:53 am

M43 photo dump incoming! I recently picked up the Laowa 7.5mm F2 & TTArtisan 50mm F1.2.
This first shot is at Vermillion Falls in Hastings, MN

And then I went up North to Duluth, caught some ships making their last frigid freight runs of the year on Lake Superior until March.  Nabbed some portraits of my gals, on the TTArtisan 50mm F1.2! It's gonna be a favorite moving forward!

I love these photos! Counting the days until we're up there again over President's Day week. 🙂 I especially love the first ship photo, great positioning of the ship, ice and sun!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from SpruceBruce on January 13, 2023, 4:53 am

M43 photo dump incoming! I recently picked up the Laowa 7.5mm F2 & TTArtisan 50mm F1.2.
This first shot is at Vermillion Falls in Hastings, MN

And then I went up North to Duluth, caught some ships making their last frigid freight runs of the year on Lake Superior until March.  Nabbed some portraits of my gals, on the TTArtisan 50mm F1.2! It's gonna be a favorite moving forward!

Love it that M43 action! I am enamored with the lighthouse photos. The colors in the sky and water are so nice.

Quote from HeggenDazs on January 13, 2023, 1:59 pm

Hey y'all! Super excited for the photos coming later this month, but for now here's some winter love from a nice nature walk I took in the morning hours last weekend.

Crystallized by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Snow Sprout by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Sky Maps by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Ghostly Treetops by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Drifting by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Rise by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Love these! Winter wonderland. 🙂

Here's some more from the past two weeks. I've been photographing my Dad's dog whenever I get the chance to improve my action photography skills.

IMGP1472 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1479 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1506 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1844 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1848 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1858 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2379 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazskcphotogeekEckyH

Some shots from a hike Saturday. My mother-in-law came over to visit with the kiddos so I had an opportunity to disappear in the woods for 4 hours. Being outdoors with my camera for so long was very good for the soul. 🙂 I also finally got photos of a bald eagle which are not complete potato quality. I've been trying to do that for a while now. They were underexposed and required more post processing work than I'm typically comfortable with, but they turned out better than expected and definitely good enough for me. 🙂

IMGP2773 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2852 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2913 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP3294-2 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP3350 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP 3322 3323 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceDaniel Gonzalez

Some sun stars from a walk in the woods today. Pentax K3 and Sigma 18-250mm f 3.5-6.3

Uploaded files:
  • 1D0E4542-1F47-4154-8EBE-213CCEC6FECD.jpeg
  • 8E7C0967-23E9-48E3-AE3F-654C2E05ED87.jpeg
  • 6A936D20-7431-4C74-BEEF-7AEEE8E3E728.jpeg
  • 454109AF-D38F-4A8B-B587-0335210F1035.jpeg
  • 1E71E740-EEC3-4D56-B97B-D7F62520AD99.jpeg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPDavid Maynard

Glad to see everyone getting out and taking pictures, despite the chilly weather! Having just moved up north I am still trying to acclimate. Besides that I haven't had much time as we're in a temporary housing situation waiting on the closing of a new house, starting a new job, etc. But I did want to at least come in here and say good work everyone!

Here is one pic I took walking back from work, on the Ricoh GR

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceJBPDavid Maynardmattlinardo
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from JBP on January 16, 2023, 4:46 pm

Some shots from a hike Saturday. My mother-in-law came over to visit with the kiddos so I had an opportunity to disappear in the woods for 4 hours. Being outdoors with my camera for so long was very good for the soul. 🙂 I also finally got photos of a bald eagle which are not complete potato quality. I've been trying to do that for a while now. They were underexposed and required more post processing work than I'm typically comfortable with, but they turned out better than expected and definitely good enough for me. 🙂

Digging these as a set! They have a calming feeling to me.

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on January 18, 2023, 12:55 am
Quote from JBP on January 16, 2023, 4:46 pm

Digging these as a set! They have a calming feeling to me.

Thank you! They were calming to take. 🙂

Let's try this again, all my links broke. Here is a quick peak at my first photos with m43, using the E-M5 II and the Mitakon 25mm f/0.95.

Night Mailer by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Blackbox by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Rooftops and Hedges by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Snowed In by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Clear Lake in Winter by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Cart & Tote by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceGawadkcphotogeekJBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on January 19, 2023, 10:03 pm

Let's try this again, all my links broke. Here is a quick peak at my first photos with m43, using the E-M5 II and the Mitakon 25mm f/0.95.

Night Mailer by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Blackbox by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Rooftops and Hedges by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Snowed In by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Clear Lake in Winter by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Cart & Tote by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Fun!! The EM10 and EM5 cameras are such a joy to use, aren't they? I haven't used an EM5 but I think the body size is the same and layout similar to the EM10's, only the EM5 is a step up (weathersealing etc) as you know. The EM5 would be the one for me too. 🙂 That lens seems super nice!! I bet most of those scenes were dark!

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next