Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your January Photos! (2022!)

PreviousPage 2 of 9Next

Some more JPEG's from the 6MP CCD sensor of the Minolta 7D & 28MM F2.8.  Abandoned farms around Stearns and Benton County Minnesota.

2022-01-07_09-17-22 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

2022-01-07_09-17-51 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

2022-01-07_09-18-39 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

2022-01-07_09-19-32 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Justin Tung, Gawad and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungGawadHeggenDazsLaurens

finally got to go out for a shoot and I'm excited to finally share some shots.

@sprucebruce didn't know minolta had made digital cameras but the images are lovely.

loved all the shots guys ♥️♥️

Uploaded files:
  • DSC05957.jpg
  • DSC06037.jpg
  • DSC06104.jpg
  • DSC06109.jpg
  • flower-5.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceLaurens

That Minolta 7D is very interesting. I have an old Dynax 500si with a 28-200 sigma lens. Wanted to get an old Minolta DSLR (7D came to mind when i saw someone run around with one). Sadly couldnt find any for cheap. So i bought a K10D and am currently waiting for MPB to ship it. (waiting sucks)

James Warner, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawad
Is that even street bro?
Quote from Gawad on January 9, 2022, 6:57 am

@sprucebruce didn't know minolta had made digital cameras but the images are lovely.

Love the light in the last shot!

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
Ever striving for minimum competency

Happy New Year! Great to see all these great photos. Here are a few from my new year's day walk at a place called Fitzgerald Lake here in western MA. Shot with Fujifilm X100F.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220101-fitzlake-web_1.jpg
  • 20220101-fitzlake-web_2.jpg
  • 20220101-fitzlake-web_5.jpg
  • 20220101-fitzlake-web_3.jpg
Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazsLaurens

Took a walk around Galena, IL with the not-so-sharp but very handy Sigma 18-250 f/3.5-6.3 mounted on my Pentax K-3 II. This lens is perfect for street photography in my opinion because it's a one-stop-shop. However, I did find I had to do a LOT of post processing to get the most out of the lens due to how soft it can get, especially towards the edges.

Fine Wine by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

National by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Cross by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Coca-Cola by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

James Warner, Gawad and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
James WarnerGawaddenniscrommett

@sprucebruce how heavily are the colors edited in those shots? I really like the film type color that those shots have, very warm and welcoming.

Great shots!

Really pretty shots, @gawad. Great work.

Everyone else too. The winter snow shots from @justintung and @sprucebruce almost make me want snow. Almost, lol. But really, awesome work guys.

Thanks everyone for always inspiring me to go out and shoot, no matter the weather.

I've been keeping it on the down low (and by that meaning I'm not posting on PentaxForums, YT, Instagram, or Facebook about it), but I did finally get my Pentax K-3 III the other day. Weather got crazy so I've only been able to take it out once, but my first impressions are very, very good. As I expected they would be. I mean, I am a very biased K-3 shooter lol.

This shot unfortunately has motion blur because I wasn't being careful, and it isn't a great shot anyway but it's what I got so far!

Justin Tung, Gawad and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungGawaddenniscrommettCarlJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from HeggenDazs on January 10, 2022, 4:47 pm

Took a walk around Galena, IL with the not-so-sharp but very handy Sigma 18-250 f/3.5-6.3 mounted on my Pentax K-3 II. This lens is perfect for street photography in my opinion because it's a one-stop-shop. However, I did find I had to do a LOT of post processing to get the most out of the lens due to how soft it can get, especially towards the edges.

Fine Wine by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

National by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Cross by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Coca-Cola by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Try stopping down to at least 1 full stop from wide open. It can make a dramatic difference in sharpness in some lenses.  I would have been inclined to shoot those at f8.  It looks like it might be overcast. That can't help.

I'm glad to see someone posting on the 18-xxx zooms.  The Nikon 18-200mm is going pretty cheap now.

I think it's Tamron that makes an 18-400mm.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from Snappy on January 10, 2022, 5:21 pm

Really pretty shots, @gawad. Great work.

Everyone else too. The winter snow shots from @justintung and @sprucebruce almost make me want snow. Almost, lol. But really, awesome work guys.

Thanks everyone for always inspiring me to go out and shoot, no matter the weather.

I've been keeping it on the down low (and by that meaning I'm not posting on PentaxForums, YT, Instagram, or Facebook about it), but I did finally get my Pentax K-3 III the other day. Weather got crazy so I've only been able to take it out once, but my first impressions are very, very good. As I expected they would be. I mean, I am a very biased K-3 shooter lol.

This shot unfortunately has motion blur because I wasn't being careful, and it isn't a great shot anyway but it's what I got so far!

That's probably a wicked camera.  Red Shouldered hawk I think.  When we see them up here the coloration looks different, almost like a RTH.

The guy fixing my 200-500mm says it needs a lot of parts but will be a full restore, and would economically be worth it.  if I can wait he can give me a better deal.  My response was "I have more time than money."

I was up in Wisconsin over New Years weekend, my nephew let me shoot (pictures) out of his hunting blind.  He recommended it because a pileated woodpecker kept comming really close so I did.

I had one land on a tree literally right next to me and it was HUGE!  I did not get a shot as he took one look at me and flushed out.  I did get this cute red skwerl though.

It was -5°F my toes were ...like fused together they were so cold and D7200 was not cut out for that weather. Morea  job for a  Pentax.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_7073.JPG
SpruceBruce, Gawad and Laurens have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadLaurens
PreviousPage 2 of 9Next