Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your January Photos! (2022!)

Page 1 of 9Next

Whooo hooo! I get to make the First monthly share thread of the new year! What an honor haha. Here are some images from visiting my gf's brother in Louisville before driving with him to Indiana for Christmas.

There were taken with the Sony A7ii and the 40mm with the 1/2 Pro-mist. The pro-mist still feels like gimicky, but I like the images, and I don't think my pictures would be any better if I took them off, so I guess it's staying on for now. I don't think it has a "vintage feel" in particular, but I'd definitely say it has a "feel" in general.

Happy New Year, everybody!

James Warner, KankRat and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBruceGawadLaurens
Ever striving for minimum competency

@justintung. Happy New Years to you!  Enjoy the journey and keep sharing these awesome compositions!

My only content so far is just two cellphone grabs for the year so far that encapsulates the winter.  Cranking away at work has made time for photography minimal, this is the busiest time of the year for me.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20211228_130807751.jpg
  • IMG_0008.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungKankRatGawad

I have had Covid, so I haven't exactly been outside snapping photos, but I have been practicing on a model that bites and scratches:
Also, had a thought my cameras from the 80s look like the future, but my modern cameras are retro:

It is like at some point, we gave up on thinking about a positive future and all our designs just harken back to more nostalgic times.

First photo taken with the EM-1 MK II w/ Sigma 30mm f1.4 and the Second with an Iphone SE 2020

SpruceBruce, Gawad and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettLaurens

Overseer by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Just finally getting back to shooting and editing photos. Here's the first one back from my hiatus over the holidays.

KankRat and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruce
Quote from SpruceBruce on January 5, 2022, 9:13 am

@justintung. Happy New Years to you!  Enjoy the journey and keep sharing these awesome compositions!

My only content so far is just two cellphone grabs for the year so far that encapsulates the winter.  Cranking away at work has made time for photography minimal, this is the busiest time of the year for me.

I could imagine, especially with all the staffing problems that have been happening in the airline industry.

Quote from Hikari2763 on January 5, 2022, 11:34 am

I have had Covid, so I haven't exactly been outside snapping photos, but I have been practicing on a model that bites and scratches:
Also, had a thought my cameras from the 80s look like the future, but my modern cameras are retro:

It is like at some point, we gave up on thinking about a positive future and all our designs just harken back to more nostalgic times.

First photo taken with the EM-1 MK II w/ Sigma 30mm f1.4 and the Second with an Iphone SE 2020

Love the catch light in the Cat's eyes! Do you shoot a lot of film with the minolta? I'm a pretty avid film shooter and a minolta fanboy myself.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from Justin Tung on January 4, 2022, 10:04 pm

Whooo hooo! I get to make the First monthly share thread of the new year! What an honor haha. Here are some images from visiting my gf's brother in Louisville before driving with him to Indiana for Christmas.

There were taken with the Sony A7ii and the 40mm with the 1/2 Pro-mist. The pro-mist still feels like gimicky, but I like the images, and I don't think my pictures would be any better if I took them off, so I guess it's staying on for now. I don't think it has a "vintage feel" in particular, but I'd definitely say it has a "feel" in general.

Happy New Year, everybody!

Really nice photos!

I wouldn't say it's gimicky, the pictures do look really nice. Unless you could make the effect easily without it, but I'm not sure you could. I have been playing with the Pentax-F 85mm Soft lens and it sort of has a similar effect, just to the extreme. I like this filter even better because you can take it on and off, and the effect is minimal. Just takes a little edge of harsh highlights.

Happy new year to you 🙂

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
Happy snappin' 🙂

Minolta 7D & Minolta 28MM F2.8  SOOC Jpeg, some kind of roadside ratrod project.

Uploaded files:
  • PICT4502.jpg
Justin Tung, Gawad and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungGawadHeggenDazsLaurens

Pics from northern Indiana. Most of the time it was unseasonably warm, but on the last day it snowed, and actually accumulated a few inches.

That last pic was actually taken out of a moving car window. Shooting from the car with full manual or shutter priority is a good way to work on your timing chops, if you're like me and can't do wildlife haha.

KankRat, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazs

Saturday... in the Park, I wish it was the middle of July, my toes are froze, my fingers won't work and I have an icicle forming in my eye. Sunrise 95 182021 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

sung to the melody of the Chicago song.

James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazsLaurens

Sorry, I did a double post.

Page 1 of 9Next