Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your February Photos (2024)

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next
Quote from James Warner on February 9, 2024, 2:41 pm
Quote from JBP on February 5, 2024, 5:55 pm
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on February 4, 2024, 9:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Here's the final set of the night, with one of my favorite shots in a while.

The full gallery can be seen here: https://gideonliddiardphotography.com/i-see-orange-the-victoria-jan

These are fantastic! The whole gallery is excellent. I love the crowd shots, too.

A couple shots with my D300
 _GKA5242 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

_GKA5247 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Great work! 

The last month or so has mostly been family stuff which I don't share much of online, but here's a few others:

Ricoh GR (2013)

Seagull 4b TLR camera with Ektar 100

Love the shots! Especially the ones of the Tree and the Barn.

Some photos of my month so far with the usual eclectic collection of gear, including one with a Ricoh GXR w/Minolta MD 55mm F1.8. All taken on the streets of Makati Metro Manila

1. Lumix GX80 w/12-32mm F3.5-5.6
  2. Pentax KP w/Pentax-F 24-50mm F4
  3. Ricoh GXR A12 M Mount w/Minolta MD Auto Rokkor PF 55mm F1.8
  4. Pentax KP w/Pentax-M 50mm F1.4
  5. Pentax KP w/Pentax-M 50mm F1.4
Uploaded files:
  • GX80_1232_021224-005-2.jpg
  • KP_Ptx2450_021224-013.jpg
  • GXRMM_MD55_021124-004.jpg
  • PtxKP021024-095.jpg
  • PtxKP021024-057.jpg
SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on February 13, 2024, 4:48 pm

Some photos of my month so far with the usual eclectic collection of gear, including one with a Ricoh GXR w/Minolta MD 55mm F1.8. All taken on the streets of Makati Metro Manila

1. Lumix GX80 w/12-32mm F3.5-5.6
  2. Pentax KP w/Pentax-F 24-50mm F4
  3. Ricoh GXR A12 M Mount w/Minolta MD Auto Rokkor PF 55mm F1.8
  4. Pentax KP w/Pentax-M 50mm F1.4
  5. Pentax KP w/Pentax-M 50mm F1.4

Fantastic shots, all! Seems like the KP is at home doing street photography.

Here are some shots from the local lake, all with my K-3iii and either 55-300 PLM, 31mm limited, or DA*300. It's a great spot for photography that I need to visit more often. There's a lot to photograph in one small area: wildlife, landscape, infrastructure, vehicles, and people.

IMGP1179 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1308 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1316 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0116 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0125 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9740 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9903 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucekcphotogeekGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben

Went out this evening and got some shots just around my neighborhood. I found a lens I had somehow forgotten I'd bought. It's a 58mm f/2 Soviet lens for M42 adapted to my SD Quattro:

SDIM1218 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM1213 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM1225 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM1201 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM1255 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

One thing shooting it made me realize is how much I miss all the compact lenses I had available to me with e- mount. So now I'm going to try to look around for a couple more m42 or older Sigma primes to give me some more options to shoot with, but Sigma seems like they refuse to build anything that weighs less than 800g and 5" long

James Warner and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBP

A couple of shots from our hotel room window while in London over the weekend, which was also right behind the MI5 building! Both shot with my Canon G15.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPCory Maben

E900. Heavily processed.

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF1288.jpg
  • DSCF1347.jpg
  • DSCF1359.jpg
  • DSCF1421.JPG
  • DSCF1426.JPG
SpruceBruce, JBP and Cory Maben have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPCory Maben
Quote from photography.cory on February 14, 2024, 4:00 am

Went out this evening and got some shots just around my neighborhood. I found a lens I had somehow forgotten I'd bought. It's a 58mm f/2 Soviet lens for M42 adapted to my SD Quattro:

One thing shooting it made me realize is how much I miss all the compact lenses I had available to me with e- mount. So now I'm going to try to look around for a couple more m42 or older Sigma primes to give me some more options to shoot with, but Sigma seems like they refuse to build anything that weighs less than 800g and 5" long

Great photos. I am also struggling to think of any compact Sigma's. Maybe the 30mm f1.4. I think there's an older 28mm too that's fairly small. There's some non-descript zooms that are fairly small that they made back in the day, but I'm not sure how the quality would hold up.

SpruceBruce, Gideon Liddiard Photography and Cory Maben have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben
Happy snappin' 🙂

Scattering of shots this last week:

Biking around with the Ricoh GX200. I just found the lens to be sharp and the colors to be really pleasant out of the camera.

7 shot pano

Pentax K-3 III + DA* 300 + 1.4x tele converter

SpruceBruce, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben
Happy snappin' 🙂

Shot a roll of Harman Phoenix 200 on an old crusty Minta Maxxum 5000 that was brought back to life with a lot of corrosion cleanup.  Minolta 17-35mm F2.8-4D for a lens!  Very compact and light ultra wide setup.  Self dev'd in Artista C41 Kit at 39C. I'm not sure if I over agitated or went a tad too long on the developer.  It's so grainy. I shot at 100 ISO, but I like it none the less!  My first roll didn't have that much grain.

Sunken Garden by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Marjorie 2 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Rainforest Como by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Fern Room by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Fern Room 2 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Fern Room 3 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

To all my Snappiness community members! Keep up the fantastic work! This month has such fun variety and beautiful pictures.  I didn't want to blow up the quote button.

Gideon Liddiard Photography, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Gideon Liddiard PhotographykcphotogeekJBPCory Maben
Quote from QuickHitRecord on February 15, 2024, 7:36 am

E900. Heavily processed.

Great shots! I love going to that cemetery. I particularly like the one with the angel. It's cool that someone else on the forum lives in the same area as I do!

Quote from James Warner on February 15, 2024, 12:44 pm
Quote from photography.cory on February 14, 2024, 4:00 am

Great photos. I am also struggling to think of any compact Sigma's. Maybe the 30mm f1.4. I think there's an older 28mm too that's fairly small. There's some non-descript zooms that are fairly small that they made back in the day, but I'm not sure how the quality would hold up

I just ordered the 30mm f/1.4. I was looking at the Sigma EX series primes. The 50mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.4 aren't too bad in terms of length, but they are a bit heavy. I may pick up the 85mm to round out the focal range. I used to own the 50mm and it honestly wasn't great especially wide open, a lot of Chromatic Aberration but supposedly the 85mm is much better. I also own the 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5. Which is mostly fine, I use it for my high ISO stuff, but you're right, it's only mediocre for low ISO shots.

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next