Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR FEBRUARY PHOTOS! (2023)

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next
Quote from Cory Maben on February 21, 2023, 8:33 pm
Quote from SpruceBruce on February 12, 2023, 10:02 pm

Visited family in Philadelphia, and checked out the Eastern State Penitentiary, it was built in the 1800's with solitary confinement in mind.  Super eerie and chilling, I shot SOOC Monochrome with a yellow filter with my Nikon Coolpix A.

All of these shots are super cool! I particularly like the one of the gate and the one of the hallway. Is it open to the public, or was this an 'ubran exploration' kind of deal? Either way great shots!

It's open to the public as a museum you can walk through! You do have to pay an admission fee, but it's largely left slowly decaying like you see for the most part.  Some cells are restored and in their original condition, they actually found Al Capone's and fully restored it to it's appearance during his incarceration.  There's some areas that are off limits to the public as well.

JBP and Deleted user have reacted to this post.
JBPDeleted user
Quote from North Wolf Photography on February 20, 2023, 4:20 pm

A few taken with my oldest Nikon DSLR (D70s):

And a few taken with a much more modern Nikon DSLR (Nikon D7200)

Glad to see you sharing Stillwater! Here's some shots I grabbed with the Sony A99 and Minolta 50 F1.7 when I was watching the competition.

The image quality out of that old Nikon D70 is amazing!

Uploaded files:
  • DSC00087-1.jpg
  • DSC00092-1.jpg
James Warner, Daniel Gonzalez and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerDaniel GonzalezJBPEckyH

Here's some shots from a trip to the lake last weekend. It was nice to walk along the shore and find interesting subjects to photograph. I need to do that more often. I tend to hit up hiking trails most of the time so this was a nice leisurely change of pace for me. They are camera JPEGs using the "MIYABI" image profile on my K-3iii and 35mm macro, except for the B&W one which is a LR RAW edit.

IMGP6894 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6980 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6694 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6862 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6708 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBrucekcphotogeekEckyH
Quote from Cory Maben on February 24, 2023, 9:09 pm

We had a snow day, which is kind of a rarity where I live. Here are some of my favorites I got yesterday.

That twisty tree branch shot surprised me! Nice finding that composition!

A few shots this week

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceJBPEckyHDeleted user
Happy snappin' 🙂

It's been a hot second since I've shot any film, but I had loaned a camera to a friend and given him a roll of film, so I figured I ought to test a roll of my own before experimenting with his!

This is 15-ish year expired Arista EDU 400, aka Fomapan 400.

It was nice to be back. Sprocket shots, expired film. Except this time I got to experiment with stand development! This was rodinal at 1+100, developed for an hour or so. Honestly? This was so easy and hassle free that I might actually shoot some more film from now on!

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPEckyHDeleted user
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on March 1, 2023, 1:03 am

It's been a hot second since I've shot any film, but I had loaned a camera to a friend and given him a roll of film, so I figured I ought to test a roll of my own before experimenting with his!

It was nice to be back. Sprocket shots, expired film. Except this time I got to experiment with stand development! This was rodinal at 1+100, developed for an hour or so. Honestly? This was so easy and hassle free that I might actually shoot some more film from now on!

Wow, really nice shots and development! I can't believe how nice that 15 year old film came out. My wife and I are wanting to get into developing film at home but that's at least a few years off realistically. But something to look forward to. 🙂

Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruce
Quote from JBP on March 1, 2023, 3:02 am

Wow, really nice shots and development! I can't believe how nice that 15 year old film came out. My wife and I are wanting to get into developing film at home but that's at least a few years off realistically. But something to look forward to. 🙂

Quote from Cory Maben on March 1, 2023, 3:46 am

I didn't know the entire surface area of film was photosensitive. I thought it stopped at the perforated part and there was a gap at the edges. I like the shot of the Volvo, I like when stuff shot on film doesn't have too many anachronisms, it's like a DIY time machine in that way.

Yeah! the film is made and coated into large light-sensitive rolls before being cut into its various formats. I started developing at home 2 years ago, and except for rare instances, I never use a lab anymore. Of course there's a start-up cost, but at least for me it's by far paid for itself!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency

Anybody catch Jupiter and Venus lined up next to each other tonight?  Super kewl.

Uploaded files:
  • Jupiter-and-Venus.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPEckyH

There is no dark side of the moon really. As a matter of fact, it's all dark.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_9079-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPEckyH

Some shots late to the thread, first two Pentax K1 & SMC M 50MM Macro F4 with Tiffen 1/4 Black Mist Pro.

Drove around my old house I was renting these past few years, I miss being on the edge of the Minneapolis Urban Sprawl, Olympus EM1-X TTArtisan 50mm F1.2.  This lens reallly struggled with the contrast of the snow, lots of purple fringing and CA that needed to be corrected in post.

Three shot pano stitch @ F1.4

JBP, EckyH and Deleted user have reacted to this post.
JBPEckyHDeleted user
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next