Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR FEBRUARY PHOTOS! (2023)

Page 1 of 4Next

Yep, someone had to open this one 😀

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Yesterday evening (shame was before lunch sun light was great and after this it wasn't that good to my taste) I went for a walk around where I live now in Barcelona.

I know there are some murals.

I took the K3-III and the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 and to be honest, I have found out the camera in Auto ISO was picking quite high isos.

Here some pic I kinda like.

I have taken shooting with central point only and to be honest I thought it'd be more precise on the focusing, I have found out sometime it wasn't focusing on what I thought it would.

Well this is not a mural:
 PK330219 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Neither this is

PK330211 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

PK330198 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

PK330192 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

This is part of a big one restored, or re-done actually

And then we have painted street stairs also

PK330186 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

PK330234 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

BR,

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Quote from red5isalive on February 5, 2023, 11:49 am

Yesterday evening (shame was before lunch sun light was great and after this it wasn't that good to my taste) I went for a walk around where I live now in Barcelona.

I took the K3-III and the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 and to be honest, I have found out the camera in Auto ISO was picking quite high isos.

I have taken shooting with central point only and to be honest I thought it'd be more precise on the focusing, I have found out sometime it wasn't focusing on what I thought it would.

Neither this is

BR,

Nice photos! Love the murals and that staircase. I enjoy urban photography like this and want to do more of it myself. 🙂

I have played with the ISO and AF settings a lot with the K-3iii and may have something useful for you - I'll share that in the K-3iii thread we have going.

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Quote from JBP on February 5, 2023, 4:04 pm
Quote from red5isalive on February 5, 2023, 11:49 am

Neither this is

BR,

Nice photos! Love the murals and that staircase. I enjoy urban photography like this and want to do more of it myself. 🙂

I have played with the ISO and AF settings a lot with the K-3iii and may have something useful for you - I'll share that in the K-3iii thread we have going.

Thank you 🙂
I have had a sneak preview on my phone previously.

Yes, those murals are cool. The one about sharks and wales has been re-painted very recently.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

Because I guess it's a regular thing now, central TX had a freeze.

Went out there with the ol' Minolta 58mm f1.4. I figured I'd shoot it wide open just to get that dreamy, dreamy look.

I don't get to use this lens too much, and when I did, it was on an APS=C sensor, so I was missing out on a lot of the character of the lens.

And these days it's so easy to reach for the new AF lens, and even if I want to go for a non-modern look, I often use the M645 lenses. The Minolta doesn't get much love.

But maybe it should? Even clocked in at f1.4 it's usable, at least in the center.

The bokeh is decently nice too. Maybe that's an indicator that I need to break it out more!

SpruceBruce, Daniel Gonzalez and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezkcphotogeekJBP
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on February 7, 2023, 1:46 am

Because I guess it's a regular thing now, central TX had a freeze.

Went out there with the ol' Minolta 58mm f1.4. I figured I'd shoot it wide open just to get that dreamy, dreamy look.

I don't get to use this lens too much, and when I did, it was on an APS=C sensor, so I was missing out on a lot of the character of the lens.

And these days it's so easy to reach for the new AF lens, and even if I want to go for a non-modern look, I often use the M645 lenses. The Minolta doesn't get much love.

But maybe it should? Even clocked in at f1.4 it's usable, at least in the center.

The bokeh is decently nice too. Maybe that's an indicator that I need to break it out more!

I LOVE these! I'm a sucker for these kind of photos and took some similar ones myself this weekend. Ice adds a new dimension to every subject and it's fleeting nature makes the whole thing exciting. "This may not be here tomorrow!" Wonderful shots. 🙂

Here are some I took yesterday on a hike with my K-5iis and 35mm macro. The shot of the K-5 is with my K-3iii and 55-300 PLM, which I had on hand in case I see that bald eagle (or any other wildlife) again, but no such luck.

One of the first things I saw in the woods that day, skunk cabbage popping up! It's a bit early, I think, but a sign that Spring is around the corner. 🙂

IMGP1389 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

I see these wild berries a lot but never noticed how much texture they have. Macro really provides a whole new perspective. It could be one of three berries, all blue like this, but I'm not sure which. Blackthorn, greenbrier, or virginia creeper berry. I can't tell just by looking at the berries and I forgot to check out the foliage nearby to try to identify it.

IMGP1446 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Always time for a glamor shot of your sexiest looking camera!

IMGP5209 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Perhaps my favorite shot of the day, a sycamore ball in ice.

IMGP1625 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezDavid Maynard

Here's some more from last weekend. It was a good outing. 🙂 I hiked for a while without many photos and then came upon a sheet of ice with many interesting subjects. Next time the weather is similar I think I'll beeline to that same spot.

IMGP1581 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

ice leaf diptych by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1533 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1666 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Inside a Sycamore Ball by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek

Visited family in Philadelphia, and checked out the Eastern State Penitentiary, it was built in the 1800's with solitary confinement in mind.  Super eerie and chilling, I shot SOOC Monochrome with a yellow filter with my Nikon Coolpix A.

James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungkcphotogeekJBPDeleted user
Quote from SpruceBruce on February 12, 2023, 10:02 pm

Visited family in Philadelphia, and checked out the Eastern State Penitentiary, it was built in the 1800's with solitary confinement in mind.  Super eerie and chilling, I shot SOOC Monochrome with a yellow filter with my Nikon Coolpix A.

These are great! I had to look up what a yellow filter is used for. "Color filter on a B&W photo? Huh?" I just learned something new!

Some more shots with the Pentax 35mm macro.

Greenville Sunset by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Gradient to Venus by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6411 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6419 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucekcphotogeek
Page 1 of 4Next