Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your February Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 9 of 13Next
Quote from JBP on February 20, 2022, 2:52 pm
Quote from KankRat on February 20, 2022, 1:30 pm

https://flic.kr/p/2n4A8Go

Heck yeah! I bet that shot put a smile on your face. Love the composition and the pose. "I am the mightiest, most beautiful, best bird there has ever been." Are they backlit/side lit? The light through the feathers is so nice.

No I just got a couple descent shots.  Lighting was tough and it pprobably took me an hour to get them looking that good in post.

Freezing cold.  Too.  The only reason there is open water because there is a waste treatment facility discharging into the river there. It's reasonably clean water (we still callout the poo-pipe) and in winter there are guys fishing there 24/7.   Missed a couple bald eagles.

A Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS arrived in the mail yesterday. Today I got to take the little pancake for a spin. It's a very versatile focal length, I think. Not too tele and not too wide. A bit more appropriate for my shooting style outdoors than my 35mm. I only needed more reach once, at the end of the hike when I spotted a hawk. Thankfully I had my 55-300mm DAL with me and was able to swap over in time. Switching from my smallest lens to my largest was a very transformer feeling lol.

Overall I'm super impressed with this little lens, and it's super fun to shoot with such a small and handy package.

IMGP5649 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5691 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5705 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5748 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5753 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5755 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5764 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5783 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5788 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5810 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5882 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5888 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommett
Quote from JBP on February 21, 2022, 12:21 am

A Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS arrived in the mail yesterday. Today I got to take the little pancake for a spin. It's a very versatile focal length, I think. Not too tele and not too wide. A bit more appropriate for my shooting style outdoors than my 35mm. I only needed more reach once, at the end of the hike when I spotted a hawk. Thankfully I had my 55-300mm DAL with me and was able to swap over in time. Switching from my smallest lens to my largest was a very transformer feeling lol.

Overall I'm super impressed with this little lens, and it's super fun to shoot with such a small and handy package.

IMGP5649 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5691 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5705 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5748 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5753 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5755 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5764 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5783 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5788 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5810 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5882 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5888 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

Sounds like my literal impressions with the FOV of the 40mm Limited I own.  I've played with the XS before, so stinking cool.  Now you gotta pair it with a K-01

Wow, awesome stuff everyone. I love all the experimenting. Nothing like getting a new lens to make you want to go out and photograph everything you see 🙂 I haven't tried any of the Pentax 40mm's except for the Pentax M, and of course my 43mm limited. Seems like a good one!

Here's some more attempts with my SD14. It's pretty tough. I found out the AF was a little off, so now I just manual focus and I'm getting better results. Still thinking I'll either buy newer Sigma glass or just adapt. I'll figure that out later.

The colors are usually pretty off straight out of the camera. I'm thinking it's the auto white balance?

Anyway, here's some from a walk in the woods the other day.

Walk in the Woods by Snappiness, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, Gawad and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommettJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

I don't think I've ever taken such a sharp image with my K10D before. I am really loving this 40mm XS lens. It makes me really want a KP. Thinking that small camera + small lens = 😁

IMGP4829 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad

I finally got the adapter and I gotta say although it's taking me some time to get used to I think I'm gonna love this camera.

just some shots I took walking around between lectures.

sidenote: I was starting to watch one month two cameras and noticed she shouts out @james-warner-b and it just made me extremely happy honestly so thought I'd share this 😅

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20220222_161910.jpg
  • IMG_20220222_162448.jpg
  • IMG_20220222_162541.jpg
SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from Gawad on February 23, 2022, 2:52 am

I finally got the adapter and I gotta say although it's taking me some time to get used to I think I'm gonna love this camera.

sidenote: I was starting to watch one month two cameras and noticed she shouts out @james-warner-b and it just made me extremely happy honestly so thought I'd share this 😅

I like em! Are you playing with the film recipes yet?

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Quote from SpruceBruce on February 23, 2022, 2:13 pm
Quote from Gawad on February 23, 2022, 2:52 am

I like em! Are you playing with the film recipes yet?

I believe these were taken with the "classic analogue" recipe, not sure tho because I don't think I can name preset custom settings:'D

Hopefully you get some more time between studies to play with it @gawad. Very fun stuff 🙂

One month two cameras is a great channel and instagram to follow. We've chatted quite a bit and I'm just super impressed with her work.

Here's some more shots from around the neighborhood with the infrared hack Sony F828. I am making a video on it right now and will cover it soon. Should be a fun one. I've said it before but the lens outperforms what you'd expect from a fixed zoom lens old camera.

Infrared Neighborhood Stroll by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceHeggenDazs
Happy snappin' 🙂

I really like the look of those infrared shots. Very Cool. Looks especially good for the age of that sensor.

PreviousPage 9 of 13Next