Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your February Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 5 of 13Next
Quote from Snappy on February 10, 2022, 2:01 am
Quote from JBP on February 9, 2022, 6:14 pm

I made an offer of $40. Much excite. 🙂

Good luck 🙂 That would be a nice snag.

Here's more nothing special photos from me. It's been a weird last month for photography, but I've learned to not get too worried about producing my best stuff when I've got other things going on. Just going for a walk and taking photos can be so meditative and stress relieving. That's the joy in and of itself. You can always worry about producing your best work later. 🙂

More playing with the Sigma SD14

Stream Reflections by Snappiness, on Flickr

Fall Leaves by Snappiness, on Flickr

I like the low contrast look of the leaves. Gives it a light, warm, retro look that's quite nice.

I've been trying to learn that also. Life is full of ups and downs and shifting priorities and, for me, sometimes I can't shoot for days or even weeks and it gets to me. But I've been better lately about shooting more often, and enjoying whatever photography I do manage to squeeze in regardless of how it compares to my previous work or other people's work.

I find that those lulls just make me enjoy it all the more when I am able to get the camera out. 🙂

SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Quote from JBP on February 10, 2022, 2:24 am

Just going for a walk and taking photos can be so meditative and stress relieving. That's the joy in and of itself. You can always worry about producing your best work later. 🙂

I've been trying to learn that also. Life is full of ups and downs and shifting priorities and, for me, sometimes I can't shoot for days or even weeks and it gets to me. But I've been better lately about shooting more often, and enjoying whatever photography I do manage to squeeze in regardless of how it compares to my previous work or other people's work.

I find that those lulls just make me enjoy it all the more when I am able to get the camera out. 🙂

Oh man am I with you.

I used to be such a goal-oriented photographer and it wrecked it for me, tbh. Letting go of that is hard but makes photography something I do to get away from all the stuff I feel like I need to get right.

Here's an imperfect infrared photo. I've been shooting this full-spectrum converted NX300 totally blind — my husband gamely took it apart and removed the IR cut filter for me, but the display ribbon cable died in the attempt. So it's got no viewfinder and no screen; I've been aiming and hoping. I'd only ever shot it away from the sun before.  Imagine my surprise when I got home!

Was upset about it at first but it's growing on me.

Uploaded files:
  • SAM_0122.jpg
  • SAM_0115-4.jpg
SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBP
Quote from ahoyhere on February 10, 2022, 7:35 am

Just going for a walk and taking photos can be so meditative and stress relieving. That's the joy in and of itself. You can always worry about producing your best work later. 🙂

Oh man am I with you.

I used to be such a goal-oriented photographer and it wrecked it for me, tbh. Letting go of that is hard but makes photography something I do to get away from all the stuff I feel like I need to get right.

Here's an imperfect infrared photo. I've been shooting this full-spectrum converted NX300 totally blind — my husband gamely took it apart and removed the IR cut filter for me, but the display ribbon cable died in the attempt. So it's got no viewfinder and no screen; I've been aiming and hoping. I'd only ever shot it away from the sun before.  Imagine my surprise when I got home!

Those are awesome pictures. The amount of contrast and detail still maintained is amazing. And the flare adds a really dramatic touch. That sounds like an interesting challenge of a camera to shoot, haha.

All my infrared converted cameras have acted the same way with flares and the sun. I can't shoot sun stars with them without getting the same looking flare. Must have something to do with the IR light or the IR filter I use or something.

ahoyhere has reacted to this post.
ahoyhere
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from ahoyhere on February 10, 2022, 7:35 am

Oh man am I with you.

I dig it!

denniscrommett and ahoyhere have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettahoyhere

I was out this morning shooting with my K-3 III trying to get some video for it. I keep changing my ideas about how I want to introduce the camera on my channel. I'll come up with something. That's the fun part about video making/editing 🙂 Trying to come up with something you think is worthy to watch.

While out and about I brought along the DA* 16-50 that I bought recently. Based on my initial experiences I am pretty sure I wont be keeping it, but it does produce some nice shots.

Turns out what you need to make a boring Texas landscape look nice is just a nice sunrise 🙂 It was firing this morning! Reminds me fondly of my midwest sunrises/sets.

Sunrise Bikeride by Snappiness, on Flickr

Sunrise over gravel road by Snappiness, on Flickr

KankRat, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPahoyhere
Happy snappin' 🙂

Hi everyone,

Firsts months of the year aren't very Racing productive for me, yet the last weekend I was able to shoot some Rally event,

** Sorry i forgot to mention this before: Gear used: Pentax K3-II and K3 Silver + Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 + Pentax DA 50mm f1.8 and Sigma Flash (I can check it's name but is an old and cheap one).

*** And the event is called: Rally Lloret de Mar.

Location is: Lloret de Mar in the Wild Coast, near Barcelona in Catalunya, Spain.

_IMG2839 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3360 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4365 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3395 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4269 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4616 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5665 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2644 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3458 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2676 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2865 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2764 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4451 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5802 - copia by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Ah and some views of the surroundings

_IMG4882 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5795 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I hope you like them

James Warner, HeggenDazs and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
James WarnerHeggenDazsdenniscrommett
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from red5isalive on February 11, 2022, 11:49 am

Hi everyone,

Firsts months of the year aren't very Racing productive for me, yet the last weekend I was able to shoot some Rally event,

I hope you like them

GREAT stuff!! I would love to shoot that kind of thing. We have a classic car show and race event near me once a year. I have been meaning to go for several years now. I would be so proud of myself if I got images like that...I'm not sure I could pull it off. What lens were you using for the cars?

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez

@red5isalive dang! great action shots. I've always wondered how the K-3 II would perform in sports but never tried it personally.

Daniel Gonzalez and JBP have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezJBP
Quote from JBP on February 11, 2022, 3:04 pm
Quote from red5isalive on February 11, 2022, 11:49 am

Hi everyone,

I hope you like them

GREAT stuff!! I would love to shoot that kind of thing. We have a classic car show and race event near me once a year. I have been meaning to go for several years now. I would be so proud of myself if I got images like that...I'm not sure I could pull it off. What lens were you using for the cars?

Just do it!

Try it 🙂 Don't be scared of it.

I did start with photography (digital photography and real go to events with a camera) back in 2011 if I am not mistaken as a mere spectator and I just learnt from practice. In 2014 I have had started to get media passes (well, I got one that year and I was like getting one per year since 2016) and then on I have been able to shoot many more events as Media.  But there is always that one day when you decide to just give it a try/go and test yourself.

I did bought my first camera (2nd hand camera) in 2011 or late 2010 and I was just willing to know if I am going to like it.

I did some photography lab before in the mid 90's at high school but I never had an SLR before so I was that kid that with a simple camera was not getting anything, and I have had my first ever camera (point and shoot) back in the mid-late 80's.

Back to the present times I have to tell you I had a media pass for that event, so I was able to be in front of the crowd when needed, even tho for Rally events spectator areas use to be great. I did so so many Rally events as an spectator and you can pull out superb images.

In this case of this kind of events one key aspect is planification. If you know where you wanna go and where to you imagine that images can look good, you have a great chance to get good images. Also timing is very very important.

The lenses used (sorry I just forgot to mention this in the post, I'll edit it to add them) are:

Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8, Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 and I think I was using the DA 50mm f1.8 at night also. Plus a Sigma flash.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from Snappy on February 10, 2022, 10:19 pm

I was out this morning shooting with my K-3 III trying to get some video for it

The pastels and gentle colors in these are really beautiful!

PreviousPage 5 of 13Next