Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your February Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 12 of 13Next
Quote from James Warner on March 1, 2022, 2:32 am

One wildlife shot and one infrared shot testing out my new 850nm filter shipped from China 🙂 Took a month and a half to get here, but I saved a good $10 or so 🤣

Carolina Wren Call by Snappiness, on Flickr

Infrared Path by Snappiness, on Flickr

That bird's pose is great! Opera singer. 😀

Everyone's shots for the end of February are amazing, the weather has been getting so lovely and I can't wait to get out and shoot again. It's been around 50 all week but unfortunately I've been sick at home with what seems to be covid. It finally got me. That sunset shot @jbp is great and same to the bird shot @james-warner-b I figure I'll share what were my last few photos of February.

Symmetry by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Powerlines by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on March 1, 2022, 5:46 pm

Everyone's shots for the end of February are amazing, the weather has been getting so lovely and I can't wait to get out and shoot again. It's been around 50 all week but unfortunately I've been sick at home with what seems to be covid. It finally got me. That sunset shot @jbp is great and same to the bird shot @james-warner-b I figure I'll share what were my last few photos of February.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon! Lovely photos, good way to end the month. I've always thought the symmetrical power lines looked neat, particularly when you look down a row of them like you did in the 1st photo. Nice perspective. 👍

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from HeggenDazs on March 1, 2022, 5:46 pm

Bummer......you held out strongly lol!  I still went out in the woods when I had it for a bit and took some pictures.

@JBP love the sunset!

E-M10 II & 12-40 F2.8 at the Minneapolis Stone Arch Bridge and Mill Ruins downtown.

Uploaded files:
  • P2250007.jpg
  • P2250019.jpg
  • P2250014.jpg
  • P2250009.jpg
  • P2250025.jpg
James Warner, HeggenDazs and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerHeggenDazsJBP

@sprucebruce man! I love the architectural photos. We don't see as much of that on this forum and I really like how they pop with the monochrome. Currently setting up a little studio in the basement. I'm going to do a series of cameras and other household objects that I think have great detail and photo-ability if that makes any sense.

SpruceBruce, Carl and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceCarlJBP

@heggendazs i need to take some more photos of cameras too. I have some i took with the little ixus i bought. Turned out great!

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Is that even street bro?

The Mighty Pentax Q by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

my first attempt at studio-ish stuff. Trying to figure out how focus stacking works and to what extremes I can take it to. I'm hoping I can improve heavily from this point. This is nearly unedited, just some highlight adjustments and exposure settings. I do also have photo paper on the way, in white and black. So this backdrop is only something I threw together temporarily to test the waters.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

Another one just for fun. A picture of my Q taken with the Q-S1.

Qception by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Quote from HeggenDazs on March 1, 2022, 9:18 pm

my first attempt at studio-ish stuff. Trying to figure out how focus stacking works and to what extremes I can take it to. I'm hoping I can improve heavily from this point. This is nearly unedited, just some highlight adjustments and exposure settings. I do also have photo paper on the way, in white and black. So this backdrop is only something I threw together temporarily to test the waters.

Awesome! Sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather.

Studio stuff is something I've always been marginally interested in. I just can't think of what I'd be interested to shoot. But I think you will learn great things about lighting and technical aspects of photography in the process. The backdrops will help. I finally got a lightbox with backdrops for listing this on ebay and even my cell phone pictures look great now haha

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from HeggenDazs on March 1, 2022, 9:18 pm

Good first attempt. Looks like a glamor shot you'd see in a review for a camera. 👍

PreviousPage 12 of 13Next