Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your December Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next
Quote from OutspaceKat on December 5, 2023, 6:37 am
Quote from SpruceBruce on December 5, 2023, 5:53 am
Quote from OutspaceKat on December 5, 2023, 4:05 am

Now that my 35mm prime and macro has arrived, I gotta figure out how to clean this E300 sensor.

Does it require a deeper clean? I had a Nikon Z50, somehow get a water stain on it and no matter how many swaps and cleaner I used, I had no luck. I tried and tried and ended just paying the local camera shop about $50 to clean it.  Came out like brand new.

No idea. I think it's just normal sensor dust from sitting somewhere for 10+ years. I've got the specialty swabs for it, I just need to read the manual and give a crap to do it. After taking a look inside once, I'm thinking there's something unique about this camera's shutter, but I haven't looked into it deeply. I just saw that the inside looked unusual. Like there were multiple mirrors and they're on the side or something.

I wish I had access to a camera shop. My wife doesn't wish this, but I do, lol.

That's right, the mirror is sideways and the light travels off to the side and up a really cool prism system. It's very similar to how the half frame Olympus Pen F film cameras worked.

But getting to the sensor will be fine. IIRC there's a setting in the menu to lock the mirror/shutter open for you so you can clean it. You'll want the camera on and with a full battery (just good practice, not that I always follow it lol)

JBP and OutspaceKat have reacted to this post.
JBPOutspaceKat
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from OutspaceKat on December 4, 2023, 3:53 pm
Quote from kcphotogeek on December 4, 2023, 1:53 pm

Bought a new to me Lumix G9 from Map Camera Japan. Pretty new too seeing it only had jut under 100 shutter count on arrival. Took it for a small photowalk

Welcome to the club. After nearly a decade of service for me, my og 12-35mm died earlier this year. I can not recommend that lens, any version, highly enough. It practically lived on my lumix cameras (G7/G9) for over 10 years and there's been less than a dozen times where it didn't do the job. If budget is an issue, there are a few cheaper options that do a fairly similar job. Just get the ones with IS. I know the alternatives can be sharper, but if you do any video work, that IS matters and matters more than sharpness.

I have the 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 and the OG 35-100mm F2.8 as my main MFT zooms. If I'm trying to save weight I bring the 12-32mm. Coming from the GH5 the G9 feels like a different generation of camera, the AF really is another league apart. 

Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on December 6, 2023, 8:01 am

the AF really is another league apart. 

Not for video. Dear god, do not trust the AF for video on the G9. I wish I had known how bad it was before I pulled the trigger, it hunts and pulses, even with static subjects. Use manual and peaking for video and don't ruin your first video shoot with it like I did.

Chasing the elusive devil-bird, the belted kingfisher . This bird and all its brethren delight in alluding this photographer.  Here it perches next to the woes of less-kingly fishers. 

A male cardinal was a better team player. 

Uploaded files:
  • Cardinal-Hodgkins.jpg
  • kingfisher-Hodgkins.jpg
SpruceBruce, grover and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucegroverGideon Liddiard Photography

This afternoon.  Chicago suburb.

Uploaded files:
  • Eagle-Crawdad-12-11-23.jpg
SpruceBruce, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPgroverGideon Liddiard Photography

I was at an old go kart track last week with a Nikon D300 I just picked up. I wanted to see what Nikon is all about and I found this camera for a good deal. 🙂

First a test shot indoors. I was happy about the flare.

_GKA4731 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

_GKA4887 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

_GKA4892 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

_GKA4893 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

_GKA4898 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

_GKA4917 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

_GKA4919 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

grover, Gideon Liddiard Photography and OutspaceKat have reacted to this post.
groverGideon Liddiard PhotographyOutspaceKat

Love this little F828.

Uploaded files:
  • dsc00171_40_96dpi_web.jpg
  • wintertree.jpg
  • DSC00144.JPG
JBP, grover and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
JBPgroverGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from OutspaceKat on December 14, 2023, 3:09 am

Love this little F828.

These are great, especially the truck photo!

OutspaceKat has reacted to this post.
OutspaceKat

Some more shots with my K-3iii.

100mm macro
 IMGP2392 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

35mm ltd
It's a dock they roll up onto shore in the winter time.
 IMGP2959 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2964 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

The rest are 15mm ltd.
This scene was hard to capture. I couldn't step back far enough to show it without standing trees obscuring the shot. A line of ~6 or 7 trees had fallen in a row like dominoes. I could only fit 4 in the shot.
 IMGP2975-2 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP3019 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2978 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2989 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP2999 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, grover and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnergroverGideon Liddiard PhotographyOutspaceKatCory Maben

"Being Watched from the 4th Dimension"

Uploaded files:
  • beingwatchfromthe4thdimension.jpg
JBP and grover have reacted to this post.
JBPgrover
PreviousPage 2 of 4Next