Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your December Photos (2023)

Page 1 of 4Next

Let me kick December off, with a handful from a gig I shot on the 1st.

James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPgrover

Bought a new to me Lumix G9 from Map Camera Japan. Pretty new too seeing it only had jut under 100 shutter count on arrival. Took it for a small photowalk

Uploaded files:
  • NewG9nighttestout-011.jpg
  • NewG9nighttestout-027.jpg
  • NewG9nighttestout-041.jpg
  • NewG9nighttestout-034.jpg
  • NewG9nighttestout-040.jpg
James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosSpruceBruceJBPgroverOutspaceKatCory Maben
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on December 4, 2023, 1:53 pm

Bought a new to me Lumix G9 from Map Camera Japan. Pretty new too seeing it only had jut under 100 shutter count on arrival. Took it for a small photowalk

Welcome to the club. After nearly a decade of service for me, my og 12-35mm died earlier this year. I can not recommend that lens, any version, highly enough. It practically lived on my lumix cameras (G7/G9) for over 10 years and there's been less than a dozen times where it didn't do the job. If budget is an issue, there are a few cheaper options that do a fairly similar job. Just get the ones with IS. I know the alternatives can be sharper, but if you do any video work, that IS matters and matters more than sharpness.

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek

Now that my 35mm prime and macro has arrived, I gotta figure out how to clean this E300 sensor.

Uploaded files:
  • deer.jpg
  • light.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPgrover
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on December 3, 2023, 2:05 pm

That grain in shot numero 4, so contrasty and film like!

Quote from OutspaceKat on December 5, 2023, 4:05 am

Now that my 35mm prime and macro has arrived, I gotta figure out how to clean this E300 sensor.

Does it require a deeper clean? I had a Nikon Z50, somehow get a water stain on it and no matter how many swaps and cleaner I used, I had no luck. I tried and tried and ended just paying the local camera shop about $50 to clean it.  Came out like brand new.

I wonder if it's under the IR filter?

Quote from SpruceBruce on December 5, 2023, 5:53 am
Quote from OutspaceKat on December 5, 2023, 4:05 am

Does it require a deeper clean? I had a Nikon Z50, somehow get a water stain on it and no matter how many swaps and cleaner I used, I had no luck. I tried and tried and ended just paying the local camera shop about $50 to clean it.  Came out like brand new.

No idea. I think it's just normal sensor dust from sitting somewhere for 10+ years. I've got the specialty swabs for it, I just need to read the manual and give a crap to do it. After taking a look inside once, I'm thinking there's something unique about this camera's shutter, but I haven't looked into it deeply. I just saw that the inside looked unusual. Like there were multiple mirrors and they're on the side or something.

I wish I had access to a camera shop. My wife doesn't wish this, but I do, lol.

Quote from SpruceBruce on December 5, 2023, 5:53 am

That grain in shot numero 4, so contrasty and film like!

Many thanks, zero added grain either, the noise on the Olympus E-M1 Mk2 just has a great look to it.

Few more from the weekend, had three friends playing DJ sets at two different pubs (think more soul and chilled ambient than 'bangin' techno), luckly they are over the road from each other, and one closes later, so we managed to get both in.

KankRat, JBP and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatJBPgroverOutspaceKatCory Maben

From an impromptu hike Sunday. With the K3iii and 100mm macro, except the last two which are 21mm ltd. It was mostly grey and dreary but the rain put a nice sheen on everything, and the sun did come out briefly. 🙂

Sycamore ball. Looks like a parachute stuck in a tree.

IMGP1642 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1655 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1682 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1772-2 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

The light on the water from the sunset was beautiful, but for some reason it just looks better in B&W. One of those where I felt the image didn't capture the colors adequately anyway, but the shapes and shadows are nice.

IMGP1796 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1811 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Tristan Carlos, KankRat and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosKankRatgroverOutspaceKat

You have a talent Mr Liddiard! Lovely lighting/compositions as usual.

Gideon Liddiard Photography has reacted to this post.
Gideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from grover on December 5, 2023, 4:45 pm

You have a talent Mr Liddiard! Lovely lighting/compositions as usual.

Many thanks, Grant's a good friend as well, so it's always a bonus when shots of him come out well. 

The rest of the set can be seen here: https://gideonliddiardphotography.com/grant-sharkey-baristocats-dec

Page 1 of 4Next