Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your December Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

Got an 18-250 Sigma and wanted to test out the macro ability…oh and shooting Christmas lights are just fun. Not the sharpest lens out there, and it hunts for focus in low light, but for 100 bucks it will do the everyday lens job nicely.

Uploaded files:
  • 6E212CBB-0C37-4B4B-AD51-B7FF3C416BE2.jpeg
  • F4A92284-3FFD-4A58-A63C-49165A9C3B3E.jpeg
  • 1F5086C6-2E4A-4E58-A98C-917EB8D2D604.jpeg
HeggenDazs and JBP have reacted to this post.
HeggenDazsJBP
Quote from EckyH on December 23, 2022, 6:57 am
Quote from James Warner on December 23, 2022, 2:22 am

I've never seen M*A*S*H but now I'll have to.

Be careful - it's addictive.

Every episode has it's own message of authentic humanism, some of them so serious that it hurts. And that's great.

In my opinion it's at least one of the best TV series. I strongly recommend to watch it.

E.

It was very good.  More so the earlier episodes. They started to get corny as the series went on.  I don't know if some of humor would fly today.

All in the Family was also good.

Quote from James Warner on December 16, 2022, 3:01 am

New bike day and a good excuse to use the TTArtisan 35mm f0.95 lens again on the Fujifilm XM1.

Finishing up a video on it this week hopefully. In short, great lens with good handling and cool styling. F0.95 is usable (most of my pictures are at that aperture) but definitely quite soft.

New bike day by Snappiness, on Flickr

Bike in a tunnel by Snappiness, on Flickr

When is your race?  Did I miss the post?

Tried something - need two decent sized prints to go above our cocktail glasses, so an excuse for a whisky sour. I don't like the amount of negative space, nor the inclusion of a cocktail stick, so the final piece will be taken differently. This is an edited jpeg from lightroom mobile.

Uploaded files:
  • C231660-2.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungDaniel GonzalezHeggenDazsJBPEckyHDeleted user
Quote from ThePrettyDamned on December 23, 2022, 8:00 pm

Tried something - need two decent sized prints to go above our cocktail glasses, so an excuse for a whisky sour. I don't like the amount of negative space, nor the inclusion of a cocktail stick, so the final piece will be taken differently. This is an edited jpeg from lightroom mobile.

nicely shot, looks tasty and extra points for a decanter that matches your rocks glass.

Quote from KankRat on December 23, 2022, 6:17 pm

New bike day and a good excuse to use the TTArtisan 35mm f0.95 lens again on the Fujifilm XM1.

Finishing up a video on it this week hopefully. In short, great lens with good handling and cool styling. F0.95 is usable (most of my pictures are at that aperture) but definitely quite soft.

It was back in November 🙂 It was awesome! They had photographers out there shooting the riders along the way and they were selling the images afterwards online. I wonder what it takes to get that gig. Would be fun to do.

I know nothing about this kind of photography but it looks really nice! I think you nailed the colors, and that's a big part of it.

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on December 24, 2022, 2:48 am

It was back in November 🙂 It was awesome! They had photographers out there shooting the riders along the way and they were selling the images afterwards online. I wonder what it takes to get that gig. Would be fun to do.

I know nothing about this kind of photography but it looks really nice! I think you nailed the colors, and that's a big part of it.

This guy used to post a lot on Fred Miranda. He does nice stuff

https://www.oneimagingphotography.com/About-Me2

Generally when you sign up for a race, the form you fill out that you give the green light to be photographed.  But I do not know if that's generally for companies contracted by them? I would think you need to go thru the race promoters.

When I was running marathons there was a company called marathon foto.  They had probably hundreds of photographers on the course- so you can see just how terrible running 26 miles can make you look.

I did not get the feeling that those guys got payed a lot and that would be a lot of wear and tear on your gear if you use your own.

personally, I would rather just be riding or shooting or in your case both.  think making photography into a business would make it un-fun.

Quote from EckyH on December 23, 2022, 6:57 am
Quote from James Warner on December 23, 2022, 2:22 am

I've never seen M*A*S*H but now I'll have to.

Be careful - it's addictive.

Every episode has it's own message of authentic humanism, some of them so serious that it hurts. And that's great.

In my opinion it's at least one of the best TV series. I strongly recommend to watch it.

E.

I used to watch it as a kid (no idea why lol). Most of that stuff went over my head but I do remember it fondly nonetheless.

Quote from mattlinardo on December 23, 2022, 4:13 pm

Got an 18-250 Sigma and wanted to test out the macro ability…oh and shooting Christmas lights are just fun. Not the sharpest lens out there, and it hunts for focus in low light, but for 100 bucks it will do the everyday lens job nicely.

Fun!

I LOVE this photo. If you think you can do better then I really can't wait to see that. I've been wanting to take some photos like this. I need a nice whiskey glass first. Every time I'm at a bar I wish I had my Pentax. 😁

Quote from James Warner on December 24, 2022, 2:48 am

Thanks! I think for final piece, I'll use a wider lens (may wait till I have a Panasonic 20mm 1.7) so I can get closer and use perspective to my advantage, make the drink more of a focal point. I will leave the lemon more in the negative space, and may pop a low power flash behind the decanter for a bit more pop. I have an old 80s flash that goes down to 1/64 power and is triggered via pc cable, which the em1 2 has! So hopefully I'll post a more refined image soon.

Car thermometer read 17F but the ridiculous wind the wind chill had to be WAY below zero.  It was worth it.I have more shots that need editing. Merry Christmas all.

rockruneagle- by Mark Kasick, on Flickr rockruneagle--4 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr rockruneagle--3 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr rockruneagle- by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

James Warner, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBPEckyHmattlinardo
PreviousPage 3 of 5Next