Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your December Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

Great capture. You are making me want to go out and take some more wildlife photos! We've just been so busy over here the last two months getting ready for a move. We'll be closer to you, in Iowa! I'm getting ready to embrace the snow - coming from southern Texas 😀

Personally I prefer winters mild. I have an 80 mile daily commute. Snow for me during the week is an unholy plague.  It once took me almost 5 hours to get home. Not so terrible on the weekends.  But snow quickly becomes gray and ugly in urban environments.  This is going to sound crazy but you know what drives me nuts?  Those last filthy piles in parking lots that just refuse to melt.  I feel like taking a shovel and demolishing them.

I love the green of spring so much that I actually learned the names of first plants that emerge. The first is skunk cabbage.

Will you be near Davenport? Look up Lock and Dam 14.  Great place to shoot eagles in winter.

Other than that and driving thru Iowa to get out west I really can't say that I have spent anytime there.  I know a chunk of the Driftless region is there, if it's anything like Wisconsin, that will be nice.

Hello! I'm packing up to head home after a few magical days in Anchorage, Alaska! It is a winter wonderland up here, and I've had fun taking photos from the cross country skis! The first time I've skied with my lightweight Fuji XE-4 and 15-45 setup. It's easy to throw in the backpack and hit the trails, something I never did with the old DSLR.

Here are some views from the trail and around Anchorage:

Fuji XE-4, 15-45, Polarizer, Velvia Simulation

Anc1222 - 1 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Anc1222 - 4 by David Maynard, on Flickr

(same setup, no polarizer)

Anc1222 - 3 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Anc1222 - 7 by David Maynard, on Flickr

iPhone 13 Pro, primary lens:

Anc1222 - 6 by David Maynard, on Flickr

XE-4, 15-45mm, Velvia simulation

I even got a hint of Aurora one morning! This was a fun shot as I wanted to get the Christmas tree through the window and the northern lights outside. I setup the exposure at f/5.6, 28 seconds, hit the button, ran inside and turned on the christmas tree lights for just a second to not overexpose them. I'm happy with how it turned out! The AirBnB host is going to use it in his listing now. 🙂

Anc1222 - 5 by David Maynard, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceHeggenDazsEckyH
Quote from James Warner on December 21, 2022, 1:03 pm
Quote from red5isalive on December 19, 2022, 10:46 am

Formula E Season 9 Winter Testing in Valencia

The sunrise/sunset panning shot is my favorite. Awesome! And the driver close-ups.

Thank you James,

Mother nature briging great light was rare that week but it's always a superb gift.

The close-ups were rare this year as most of us were not able to have access to the garages until the sessions end up, so those were pure luck walk up and down, snaps. But yes I like them too 🙂 I actually was looking forward to this kind of images as usually Formula E uses to be less restrictive than, for example, Formula 1. But that was not the case this year.

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from David Maynard on December 21, 2022, 5:38 pm

Hello! I'm packing up to head home after a few magical days in Anchorage, Alaska! It is a winter wonderland up here, and I've had fun taking photos from the cross country skis! The first time I've skied with my lightweight Fuji XE-4 and 15-45 setup. It's easy to throw in the backpack and hit the trails, something I never did with the old DSLR.

I even got a hint of Aurora one morning! This was a fun shot as I wanted to get the Christmas tree through the window and the northern lights outside. I setup the exposure at f/5.6, 28 seconds, hit the button, ran inside and turned on the christmas tree lights for just a second to not overexpose them. I'm happy with how it turned out! The AirBnB host is going to use it in his listing now. 🙂

Beautiful shots!!!

HeggenDazs and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
HeggenDazsDavid Maynard

I'm back! @davidmaynard I really like these snow covered trees and landscape shots, really nice. Hopefully you guys are all ready for a lovely Christmas & New Years, for those of you celebrating. I've been working on mostly a series I was supposed to finish for Halloween this month.

What Rattles The Pipes by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

The Painter by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

The Crawling Space by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Plea by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Industrial Complex by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Argus C3 Matchmatic by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

JBP, David Maynard and EckyH have reacted to this post.
JBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from KankRat on December 21, 2022, 2:24 pm

Great capture. You are making me want to go out and take some more wildlife photos! We've just been so busy over here the last two months getting ready for a move. We'll be closer to you, in Iowa! I'm getting ready to embrace the snow - coming from southern Texas 😀

Personally I prefer winters mild. I have an 80 mile daily commute. Snow for me during the week is an unholy plague.  It once took me almost 5 hours to get home. Not so terrible on the weekends.  But snow quickly becomes gray and ugly in urban environments.  This is going to sound crazy but you know what drives me nuts?  Those last filthy piles in parking lots that just refuse to melt.  I feel like taking a shovel and demolishing them.

I love the green of spring so much that I actually learned the names of first plants that emerge. The first is skunk cabbage.

Will you be near Davenport? Look up Lock and Dam 14.  Great place to shoot eagles in winter.

Other than that and driving thru Iowa to get out west I really can't say that I have spent anytime there.  I know a chunk of the Driftless region is there, if it's anything like Wisconsin, that will be nice.

We will be about two hours from Davenport - thanks for the tip! It's a little town called Ottumwa. We visited a month ago and I saw several bald eagles just on the drive two and from my family's place in Missouri. I'm excited!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from David Maynard on December 21, 2022, 5:38 pm

Beautiful shots while you were skiing! So nice you were able to take your camera with you for those views. What an awesome trip.

And that Aurora shot is super creative! Way to make the most of that situation and such a tricky exposure combination. Love it.

SpruceBruce, JBP and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPDavid Maynard
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on December 21, 2022, 9:37 pm

We will be about two hours from Davenport - thanks for the tip! It's a little town called Ottumwa. We visited a month ago and I saw several bald eagles just on the drive two and from my family's place in Missouri. I'm excited!

Ottumwa....

Corporal Walter "Radar" O'Reilly's hometown.

Radar O'Reilly" - Home | Facebook

SpruceBruce and EckyH have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceEckyH
Quote from KankRat on December 22, 2022, 2:08 pm
Quote from James Warner on December 21, 2022, 9:37 pm

Ottumwa....

Corporal Walter "Radar" O'Reilly's hometown.

Radar O'Reilly" - Home | Facebook

Haha - that's right! My dad and father-in-law both independently told me that 🙂

I've never seen M*A*S*H but now I'll have to.

SpruceBruce and EckyH have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on December 23, 2022, 2:22 am

I've never seen M*A*S*H but now I'll have to.

Be careful - it's addictive.

Every episode has it's own message of authentic humanism, some of them so serious that it hurts. And that's great.

In my opinion it's at least one of the best TV series. I strongly recommend to watch it.

E.

James Warner, KankRat and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBruceJBP
Veni, vidi, serravi.
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next