Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your December Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on December 17, 2021, 2:41 am

@gawad Discount or not, it’s a great shot!  Especially the way the light hits the horses tail.  Was this on the Sony A3500? I just invested in the A mount system, hopefully I’ll have a thread to share soon.

thank you so much, it was taken on the a3500 but it's actually an e-mount camera that I believe was only released in australia with its cousin the a3000 being released in the rest of the world..this was even shot with a canon fd 50mm f1.4.

however I'm really looking forward to that thread indeed.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Hi Everyone. So the Voightlander 40mm Nocturn M Mount arrived about 250USD and honestly it’s perhaps the best IQ and character I’ve seen on a lens. Below are a couple of samples I took today in combination with the GXR.

Uploaded files:
  • 9D3789CD-46F5-44E0-B281-6734975F1CBB.jpeg
  • 5441C548-CE69-4CCA-94A6-CB84D360C26A.jpeg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazs
Kieran

@kcphotogeek that's a nice vintage feel to the shots there. I love a lens with lots of character.

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek

Attempt at wildlife with the Q/06 Zoom and various walk around shots.  Mediocre at best, but passable compared to a cellphone.  My little Q doesn’t like the snow for sure.  It’s sensory overload for it’s light meter and sensor.

Uploaded files:
  • 83530466-9F26-4CD6-AAC3-825A6EB44538.jpeg
  • 400A7720-C0F8-45FD-86DC-F0E3469401E4.jpeg
  • 0EA2B6D6-D875-4593-B057-FCB3E52B6081.jpeg
  • BE9F0B4F-CA60-4BCF-AB66-86C7E17E67AB.jpeg
Justin Tung, HeggenDazs and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
Justin TungHeggenDazskcphotogeek
Quote from HeggenDazs on December 17, 2021, 8:59 pm

@kcphotogeek that's a nice vintage feel to the shots there. I love a lens with lots of character.

I find it similar to the Pentax 50mm F/1.4 wide open, they both have a nice dreamy look while retaining detail. The Voightlander would have better corner sharpness stopped down though.

Kieran

Finished finals, and I decided to treat myself to a roll of film! I had a roll of Catlabs 80 that I think I got over the summer and has been in my freezer ever since. Developed at home in D-76, and oh my goodness. The negatives are gorgeous. 80 speed definitely isn't going to be an everyday go-to film, but I definitely will be shooting this again!

Also I don't think I'll ever get tired of shooting medium format at f/1.9.

James Warner, KankRat and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBruceHeggenDazs
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from kcphotogeek on December 15, 2021, 4:43 am

Few pics with my new GXR, just the A12 28mm and A16 modules for now still waiting for my adapter & Voightlander 40mm before I can try my M Mount module. Street and urban don’t usually take graffiti pics but was just testing the flash. Overall great performance on these 2 modules so far. The snap focus is arguably better implemented than it is on the GR III. The colors are good straight out or camera

Ooooh I've had dreams about a GXR, but for now the only way I can afford medium format is film. How have you liked it? Do you feel the increased IQ justifies the cost and size/weight?

Quote from Gawad on December 16, 2021, 3:59 am

the images this month are amazing, guys. wow.

I came to share a discount panorama which is really just a normal shot cropped way more than it should be

I like your new profile picture haha

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on December 18, 2021, 4:46 pm

Finished finals, and I decided to treat myself to a roll of film! I had a roll of Catlabs 80 that I think I got over the summer and has been in my freezer ever since. Developed at home in D-76, and oh my goodness. The negatives are gorgeous. 80 speed definitely isn't going to be an everyday go-to film, but I definitely will be shooting this again!

These shots turned out awesome! Full of character, lots of bokeh but crisp and sharp in focus areas. Great stuff, man. Enjoy your break between semesters!

Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

I've always wanted to try this stock, but I've got a ton of Ilford I've got to go through.  I really like the contrast, that Keep Out shack/pumphouse/compressor house/whatever it is....? and Car Frame are super cool.  What were you using to shoot at that wide of an aperture, if I recall correctly the Olympus TLR you used was limited to F2.8 wide open.  It's very sharp too!

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung

Cool.  How do you digitize?

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next