Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your December Photos! (2021)

Page 1 of 6Next

I've got a few shots on my Helios that I'm itching to share so I'll kick December off!

Stuck by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Lake-Front by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Red Skies by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Saturated by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Posted by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadEye.n.EyexoQUoxdenniscrommettHandlebar
Quote from HeggenDazs on December 2, 2021, 11:28 pm

I've got a few shots on my Helios that I'm itching to share so I'll kick December off!

Stuck by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Lake-Front by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Red Skies by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Saturated by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Posted by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Love these. The colors are lovely.

The first picture has a really nice look and I was trying to figure it all out. I think it is the distinct swirly bokeh, mixed with a finely textured background (gravel) with a smooth gradient on it from complementary colors (blue shadows and orange sunset). Now I am trying to think how I could replicate something like that myself 😛

SpruceBruce and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazs
Happy snappin' 🙂

@heggendazs Dude! That window shot is so cool!  Now I want to replicate it!  What’s the body/lens combo you’re using?

I’ve been freezing my butt off for work, being the Gung-ho plane mechanic I am!  I had a freighter loose both  Engine Cowl Anti-Ice Valves on two separate takeoff attempts, 18 hours later and a whole lot of knuckle busting with two valve changes later, I got it home to Minneapolis finally.  I got the best view this morning after conquering the elements, on the Parks highway outside of Fairbanks.   The landscapes took on the KP & 18-135.  The plane shots were taken on my DA 40 Limited F2.8 from Monday night when things were peaceful and quiet at work.

Uploaded files:
  • 63FE789E-5097-4077-B39D-E091563208B7.jpeg
  • EE55A685-8225-4E53-82B7-B604345D157A.jpeg
  • 6F21DBC7-AD44-4CFD-B470-F9DF62DE442A.jpeg
  • 8D6498C6-7269-4F3D-A69F-005167DBBD29.jpeg
  • 093B4D6F-8991-457B-B8C3-A56049F1CC5D.jpeg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterGawadEye.n.EyexoQUoxHeggenDazsdenniscrommettkcphotogeek

@sprucebruce thanks man! I really liked how that one turned out. I didn't quite nail my focus but I think that only added to the qualities of the photo. Looks like you've been blessed with some really great colors in the sky in your neck of the woods as well! Loving all the sunset/sunrise photos I've been seeing lately.

I was using a K-3II and a Helios 44K-4. I think that may be my new killer combo.

Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruce
Quote from HeggenDazs on December 3, 2021, 9:51 pm

@sprucebruce thanks man! I really liked how that one turned out. I didn't quite nail my focus but I think that only added to the qualities of the photo. Looks like you've been blessed with some really great colors in the sky in your neck of the woods as well! Loving all the sunset/sunrise photos I've been seeing lately.

I was using a K-3II and a Helios 44K-4. I think that may be my new killer combo.

Vintage! I love it! Great pics!

Quote from SpruceBruce on December 3, 2021, 9:28 pm

@heggendazs Dude! That window shot is so cool!  Now I want to replicate it!  What’s the body/lens combo you’re using?

I’ve been freezing my butt off for work, being the Gung-ho plane mechanic I am!  I had a freighter loose both  Engine Cowl Anti-Ice Valves on two separate takeoff attempts, 18 hours later and a whole lot of knuckle busting with two valve changes later, I got it home to Minneapolis finally.  I got the best view this morning after conquering the elements, on the Parks highway outside of Fairbanks.   The landscapes took on the KP & 18-135.  The plane shots were taken on my DA 40 Limited F2.8 from Monday night when things were peaceful and quiet at work.

Dude I'd be super interested in a body of work compiled from your shots at work

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Ever striving for minimum competency

I’m flattered! I’ve had a couple other posters mention it as well!  Maybe I can publish a zine one day, if there’s enough interest.  My friends and relatives ask me as well.

Nenana, Alaska and the middle of no where Parks Highway, 2am last night between Anchorage & Fairbanks!  KP index went shooting up in the forecast and I grabbed my KP/15 Limited and got awesome results!

Uploaded files:
  • A03DC2E1-5D22-4106-919E-51433F3AB103.jpeg
  • B3DB94F8-4A64-477A-90D8-3DCF6B9F5801.jpeg
  • FE8AFEEB-E7DC-4EBC-AF3E-AE20618BA38C.jpeg
  • 134257BD-B2BD-4712-BD95-A78474BB6F75.jpeg
  • CE387A27-B5E5-4000-8D86-21C3266649C4.jpeg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterGawadEye.n.EyexoQUoxdenniscrommettkcphotogeek
Quote from SpruceBruce on December 5, 2021, 3:37 am

I’m flattered! I’ve had a couple other posters mention it as well!  Maybe I can publish a zine one day, if there’s enough interest.  My friends and relatives ask me as well.

Nenana, Alaska and the middle of no where Parks Highway, 2am last night between Anchorage & Fairbanks!  KP index went shooting up in the forecast and I grabbed my KP/15 Limited and got awesome results!

Count me in for funding a copy, when you make one!

That shot with the Aurora over the train car is AWESOME! what a shot! And to find a frame like that in the dark in the freezing cold and limited time... Nice one.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

@james-warner-b I had that saved as a pin on the map I discovered it two weeks ago. I like to scout out new potential places for new comps like that, when I go for scenic drives to get out of the hotel.   It went on for an hour like that, I didn’t even need a camera sensor to see the greens of it!  Strongest one I’ve ever seen to date.  I shared you a RAW file to your YouTube gmail account through google drive, since it exceeded Gmail’s 25MB limit since you wanted to plug and play with one liked you had asked in the Nov thread.  I’m heading home for a week off in Minnesota later tonight, can’t wait to make TIFF file and crank a print out of my Canon Pro 100.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner

Here's some shots I've managed on the discount K-1.

The Watcher by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

A Great Wave by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Quote from HeggenDazs on December 9, 2021, 11:22 pm

Here's some shots I've managed on the discount K-1.

The Watcher by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

A Great Wave by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Alright, help me out 😅 What is the great wave? I am intrigued! My first thought is a closeup of some sort of glass art piece.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Page 1 of 6Next