Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your August Photos (2024)

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
Quote from KankRat on August 10, 2024, 4:02 pm

Chicago Air and Water Show going on now.  from rehearsal yesterday.

Please let me know if that link works okay.  it leads to an album on my Flickr.

Really neat shots. Especially seeing the Blue Angels in front of the building.

KankRat and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Normally I am ok if me and a camera don't work out. This FujiFilm Q1 4Ir edition, however, has me really disappointed beyond the limited quality. A disappointing comparison. This first photo was taken with no flash. Clearly the lighting conditions are poor. Yet the image is sharp.

I tried a second time with a flash, and yikes. 

And just for extra disappointment, the macro mode is seemingly broken or one of the worst I've seen.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Quote from James Warner on August 12, 2024, 2:15 pm

Quote from James Warner on August 12, 2024, 2:15 pm

The building is the John Hancock Center.  It was built in 1968.  Then the tallest building in Chicago and second only to the one the big monkey liked to climb in NY, as tallest in the world. 

The unfortunate part of that is if I were to go on Instagram or FB, I would see a a hundred versions of  this shot.  Kind of like the eclipse.  

It's unique in no way. Actually, none of these are. You just have to think, "yeah but this is my shot". 

The big problem is that the lighting is awful. Not so much on that one but most of the others. If I don't lift the shadows you can't see anything and if I do we start looking all 2009 HDR- well maybe not that bad but not to where I want to be,  The f85s have some weird finish on them, I just can't get them to look right.  The only redeeming factor is how amazing that plane looks. 

This is freaking crazy too.  I should have you guess what these black specks are.  Not the world's dirtiest sensor.  They are dragonflies. 95% common green darner, but a few other species mixed in. I probably saw more dragonflies yesterday than cummatively over my entire life.  Swarms! 10s of thousands everywhere on the lakefront. Incredible. Green darners are those big honking blue green ones.  So they are big enough to show up in photos.   Which they did.  I googled it, turns out they migrate to lay eggs where the larva won't freeze. 

On the bright side a mosquito or biting fly didn't have a snowball's chance in hell on this beach.  Suprisingly people were not freaking out either.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC6316.jpg
SpruceBruce and grover have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucegrover

Did some birding (and other wildlife) last weekend. https://www.snappiness.space/wp-content/uploads/tfaf/2024/08/13/20240813000002.jpghttps://www.snappiness.space/wp-content/uploads/tfaf/2024/08/13/20240813000003.jpghttps://www.snappiness.space/wp-content/uploads/tfaf/2024/08/13/20240813000004.jpghttps://www.snappiness.space/wp-content/uploads/tfaf/2024/08/13/20240813000005.jpg
https://www.snappiness.space/wp-content/uploads/tfaf/2024/08/13/20240813000006.jpg

SpruceBruce and grover have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucegrover

Pentax K-5 II s 55-300 'cheap' lens.

Young Pied-billed Grebe

Common Gallinule chick

Peaceful Waters Sanctuary, Wellington, FL

Uploaded files:
  • 5IIS0423.JPG
  • 5IIS0378.JPG
SpruceBruce, grover and OutspaceKat have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucegroverOutspaceKat

Some wildlife shots with the Olympus EM-1 Mk 1 and Olympus 150mm F2 adapted with the MC 2.0x TC.  Giving me a 600mm F4 wide open FOV equivalent on M43.

Blue-Eyed Darner by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Hummingbird Hawk-Moth by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Ruby Throated Hummingbird by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Cedar Waxwing by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Meadow Hawk by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Blue-Eyed Darner 2 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bumblebee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

grover and Kamera Brand have reacted to this post.
groverKamera Brand

These are actually from May, but just getting to developing and editing finally.  I shot a roll of Kodak UltraMax 400 pushed 2 Stops to 1600 with an Arista C41 development kit.  I really like the results I got out of it.  I used the Pentax DA 40 Limited and MZ-S.  It's such a compact great AF pancake setup for 35mm film.  I took an environmental shot of my girlfriends Dad.  He used to work for the Minnesota Twins at the old Metrodome before Target Field existed.

Target Field, Kodak UltraMax 400 Pushed 2 Stops 1600.Pentax MZ-S DA Limited 40 F2.8 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

The Bullpen! Pentax MZ-S & DA 40 LTD. Kodak UltraMax pushed 2 Stops 1600 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Twins AB! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Rod Carew Statue at Target Field by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Griffin Jax Bullpen Entrance by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Maddie & Jeff by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Jeff by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Griffin Jax in for Relief by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Target Field at Dusk by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

James Warner, grover and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnergroverOutspaceKatDisciple Connor

August has not been a good month for me health-wise (either physically or mentally), hence the absence from posting.

These are pretty much the only shots from the month so far that I am close to being OK with.

James Warner, grover and Kamera Brand have reacted to this post.
James WarnergroverKamera Brand
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on August 25, 2024, 10:02 pm

August has not been a good month for me health-wise (either physically or mentally), hence the absence from posting.

Get well soon @gideon-liddiard-photography. Hoping you find the rest and recovery you need. Nice shots.

Kamera Brand has reacted to this post.
Kamera Brand
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on August 25, 2024, 10:02 pm

These are pretty much the only shots from the month so far that I am close to being OK with.

It's good to take a break and recover. I do it myself all the time. Thanks for checking in!

grover and Kamera Brand have reacted to this post.
groverKamera Brand
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next