Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your August Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 3 of 9Next

Camping trip! Took the old motorhome out for a couple days at Boulton Creek Provincial Campground (Alberta Canada).

I took along my Olympus O-MD E-M 5 II with the 20mm lens and my Pentax K-1 II with the Tamron 70-200 with 1.4x Tamron teleconverter.

The teleconverter is new to me so this trip was the first test. I've not had a lot of success with teleconverters in the past so I was reluctant to pick up this Tamron 1.4x, but I've read how well this converter works with the Tamron 70-200 lens. Comments like this convinced me to give it a try: For practical use the Tamron 70-200 plus 1.4x TC produces similar results to my DA* 300 and is typically more versatile in the field as well.

The converter didn't disappoint. So far I'm very happy with it. A no brainier to own if you have a lens that works well with it.

IMGP5348_Export 1 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080616_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080701_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080702_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5361_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080680_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080675_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080623_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8100749_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5334_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5293_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8100726_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080712_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P7270570_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5416_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekBart KersteEckyHGideon Liddiard PhotographyUplaxer
Quote from James Warner on August 14, 2023, 3:43 pm
Quote from nokk on August 14, 2023, 3:43 am

nosferatu toy and dio.

Woah, do you do a lot of toy photography? This is very interesting. The lighting and mist is really well played here.

thanks.  i use toy photography to keep my skills sharp because there isn't much else to shoot near where i live.  

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from grover on August 14, 2023, 6:43 pm

Camping trip! Took the old motorhome out for a couple days at Boulton Creek Provincial Campground (Alberta Canada).

I took along my Olympus O-MD E-M 5 II with the 20mm lens and my Pentax K-1 II with the Tamron 70-200 with 1.4x Tamron teleconverter.

The teleconverter is new to me so this trip was the first test. I've not had a lot of success with teleconverters in the past so I was reluctant to pick up this Tamron 1.4x, but I've read how well this converter works with the Tamron 70-200 lens. Comments like this convinced me to give it a try: For practical use the Tamron 70-200 plus 1.4x TC produces similar results to my DA* 300 and is typically more versatile in the field as well.

The converter didn't disappoint. So far I'm very happy with it. A no brainier to own if you have a lens that works well with it.

IMGP5348_Export 1 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080616_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080701_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080702_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5361_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080680_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080675_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080623_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8100749_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5334_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5293_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8100726_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P8080712_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P7270570_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP5416_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

lovely set of photos.  i especially enjoyed the rocky island with the mountain backdrop, the plants growing out of the water with the low pov and green leaves (4th image from top) with the 3d look.

grover has reacted to this post.
grover

Evening photowalk in the outskirts of Nottuln with the K-5IIm.

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20230815_195450.jpg
  • 20230815_202806.jpg
  • 20230815_203856.jpg
James Warner, grover and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnergroverBart KersteGideon Liddiard Photography
Veni, vidi, serravi.

The more I play around with the 5D Classic the more impressed I am with it, for a non-CCD sensor the colours are excellent, and if you shot at ISO800 and then edit the image as black and white the results are, to me, stunning.

While due to its age, it most certainly does have limitations, when you're working within those it's a bit of a monster, particularly for the price.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucedenniscrommettgroverEckyH

More wildlife and macro incoming!  A mix of photos from Nothern MN, Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge and my backyard flower gardens from the past weekend.  I have quite the backlog, sometmies you just have a ridiculously good day doing macro and wildlife and end up with 2 weeks worth of photos to edit.

Some of my flower blooms shot the Fuji Finepix S2 Pro, with the Tamron Adaptall 135mm F2.5 Close Focus, with extension tubes!

Zinnia! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Coreopsis by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

2023-08-15_06-10-13 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Cosmo Bloom by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Tickseed Coreopsis by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Panagor PMC 55mm Macro F2.8 Action

Bumblebee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Long-Horned Bee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bumble Bee Prairie Sunflower by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Goldenrod Soldier Beetle by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bachelor Button Pollen by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Sweat Bee Cosmos by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bombus Pensylvanicus Hanging on Prairie Blazing Star by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Sipping Nectar by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Ascending by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Takeoff by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Flight of the Bumblebee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Tokina 90mm F2.8, this is a cheap lens I picked up this past winter from KEH for dirt cheap.  From basic research it's nearly identical to the famous Bokina 90mm F2.5, it's manufactured by Komine and rebadged under numerous names such as Panagor, Vivitar, Tokina

Indian Blanket Snack by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Ambush Bug by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

2023-08-14_05-04-40 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Indian Blanket Flowers! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

2023-08-15_10-58-14 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Olympus 100-400 action

Green Heron Grooming by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Through the Reeds! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Kingfishers on the move! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Kingfishers Dive Bomb by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Sandhill Crane by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Trumpeter Swans & Wood Duck by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

2023-08-15_06-16-35 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

2023-08-15_06-17-14 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bombus by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Gold Finch by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Tomioka Yashinon Macro 60mm F2.8 and Olympus E500

Bombus pensylvanicus by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Digger Bee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Bombus pensylvanicus 2 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Oblong Woolcarder Bee by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

kcphotogeek, Bart Kerste and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekBart KersteEckyHGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 16, 2023, 3:11 pm

More wildlife and macro incoming!  A mix of photos from Nothern MN, Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge and my backyard flower gardens from the past weekend.  I have quite the backlog, sometmies you just have a ridiculously good day doing macro and wildlife and end up with 2 weeks worth of photos to edit.

Some of my flower blooms shot the Fuji Finepix S2 Pro, with the Tamron Adaptall 135mm F2.5 Close Focus, with extension tubes!

So much win! Hard to pick a favourite but standouts for me would be the soldier beetle, "sipping nectar", and the dragon fly. Macro master.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Not quite to the same macro standard as above, but here are a couple shots I took on a walk.

The first two are with my 20mm Lumix lens on an O-MD E-M5 II. I'm so impressed with this camera/lens combo for walking about. So versatile and compact. I only recently picked up this camera/lens because I stumbled on a good deal ( $295 USD all-in ). I love the all-metal body (they went to plastic for the mk-iii ), the flippy touch screen with tap-to-focus/shoot, the OVF, and the 20mm lens is quite sharp. I'm not giving up a lot to have a small package to walk about with.

P7220396 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

P7220409 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

This shot was with the Tamron 70-200mm on my K-1 ii. Not the best showcase out of this combo but it does do pretty well for casual on-the-fly close-ups.

IMGP4979_Export by Neil Grover, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPBart KersteEckyHGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from grover on August 16, 2023, 5:15 pm

Not quite to the same macro standard as above, but here are a couple shots I took on a walk.

The first two are with my 20mm Lumix lens on an O-MD E-M5 II. I'm so impressed with this camera/lens combo for walking about. So versatile and compact. I only recently picked up this camera/lens because I stumbled on a good deal ( $295 USD all-in ). I love the all-metal body (they went to plastic for the mk-iii ), the flippy touch screen with tap-to-focus/shoot, the OVF, and the 20mm lens is quite sharp. I'm not giving up a lot to have a small package to walk about with.

This shot was with the Tamron 70-200mm on my K-1 ii. Not the best showcase out of this combo but it does do pretty well for casual on-the-fly close-ups.

Love these, that first one especially!

SpruceBruce and grover have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucegrover
Quote from grover on August 16, 2023, 5:15 pm

Oh wow, lovely shots. I do love that 20mm lens 🙂

grover has reacted to this post.
grover
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 3 of 9Next