Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR AUGUST PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 9 of 12Next
Quote from Justin Tung on August 19, 2022, 3:27 pm
Quote from James Warner on August 19, 2022, 3:23 pm
Quote from JBP on August 18, 2022, 1:56 pm

A few from yesterday's stroll. The color was nice but the leaves were very light green and backlit so the effect in B&W is nice and dreamy.

IMGP9769 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9771 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9784 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Awesome detail. I want you to find a spider now so we can see that cool eye detail 😀

Some trees with the Fujifilm X-E1 I'm borrowing and the TTArtisan 35mm f1.4

Nice! Does that mean you're hopping on the Fuji train?

No, just borrowing it from someone who kindly let me try it. Along with a fun little film point and shoot you'll hear more about later.

I think I totally would dive into Fuji head on if I wasn't juggling systems as is. Maybe one day I'll update my cheap panasonic video camera to a Fuji, and that'll be my excuse xD As is, the Panasonic is super cheap, the glass is great and cheap, and the quality is there. Hard to argue with the value for money for video. But Fuji's whole ethos is really why I am so into Pentax as well. Love the focus on the photographic experience, even if they're tackling it from different angles.

JBP and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
JBPDavid Maynard
Happy snappin' 🙂

A few from yesterday's stroll. The color was nice but the leaves were very light green and backlit so the effect in B&W is nice and dreamy.

Awesome detail. I want you to find a spider now so we can see that cool eye detail 😀

Gosh that X-E1 seems nice. I watched Sensor Stacks video about that series and now I want an X-E4. That one  vs the others mostly because of the minimalist design and small package.

I find it difficult to take photos of trees in the woods (vs, say, lone trees in fields) - there's so much going on and things coming into and out of the frame that it's hard to get a good image that says "here's your subject" and does a good job showing off that subject. You nailed it!

I was searching for a spider yesterday. When you want them they are nowhere to be found. When you don't want them they are everywhere. 😲

Quote from James Warner on August 19, 2022, 3:40 pm
Quote from Justin Tung on August 19, 2022, 3:27 pm

Nice! Does that mean you're hopping on the Fuji train?

No, just borrowing it from someone who kindly let me try it. Along with a fun little film point and shoot you'll hear more about later.

I think I totally would dive into Fuji head on if I wasn't juggling systems as is. Maybe one day I'll update my cheap panasonic video camera to a Fuji, and that'll be my excuse xD As is, the Panasonic is super cheap, the glass is great and cheap, and the quality is there. Hard to argue with the value for money for video. But Fuji's whole ethos is really why I am so into Pentax as well. Love the focus on the photographic experience, even if they're tackling it from different angles.

I feel the same way about Fuji. I had a bit of OVF snobbery, I guess, and wasn't interested in mirrorless. Then I tried one and I get it. Really I just wanted to minimize the time spent looking at screens, so I was happy Pentax stayed with OVF. Plus I want to stay with Pentax because it's what I know and love. But, yeah, EVFs have so many advantages and Fuji really has a great thing going. And I spend so much time chimping anyway, and maybe an EVF would cut down on that and that would be a good thing in my book.

David Maynard has reacted to this post.
David Maynard

You're really getting these macro shots down!

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from Beau Carpenter on August 19, 2022, 7:38 pm

You're really getting these macro shots down!

Thank you!!

Here's some from yesterday and today. The light has been really good in the evenings lately. 🙂

Found a spider this time!

IMGP0120 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0118 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0115 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8686 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8580 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8577 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8566 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0040 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9940 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9917 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekBart KersteEckyH

Holy macro @jbp!! Those are some amazing shots! And I'm glad to see you're having fun with the XE-1 @james-warner-b! I'm a big fan all around and love my XE-4. It's cool to see you shoot with one of the TTArtisans lens as well!

Some random shots over the past week. Not a lot of shooting or keepers this week, but I did get out a bit the past few days which was fun!

Indoor macro with some flowers we had, XE-4, 60mm Macro, Velvia, with a little fill light provided by the iPhone flashlight. 🙂

Aug19 - 1 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Foggy beach day shots, Fuji 15-45mm OIS, Velvia. I love that with OIS I can get some hand-held water blur.

Aug19 - 2 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Aug19 - 3 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Sunset tonight at the beach, Fuji 60mm Macro, Velvia

Aug19 - 4 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPEckyH
Quote from David Maynard on August 20, 2022, 3:20 am

Holy macro @jbp!! Those are some amazing shots! And I'm glad to see you're having fun with the XE-1 @james-warner-b! I'm a big fan all around and love my XE-4. It's cool to see you shoot with one of the TTArtisans lens as well!

Some random shots over the past week. Not a lot of shooting or keepers this week, but I did get out a bit the past few days which was fun!

Indoor macro with some flowers we had, XE-4, 60mm Macro, Velvia, with a little fill light provided by the iPhone flashlight. 🙂

Aug19 - 1 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Foggy beach day shots, Fuji 15-45mm OIS, Velvia. I love that with OIS I can get some hand-held water blur.

Aug19 - 2 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Aug19 - 3 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Sunset tonight at the beach, Fuji 60mm Macro, Velvia

Aug19 - 4 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Thank you, you as well! I really love the last one with the starburst between the trees, and the interesting elements in the background. Lots of depth there. 🙂

David Maynard has reacted to this post.
David Maynard

Lovely work @jbp particularly the Bird on the wire fence the backlight makes it look very cinematic

Took the GH5 out for some night photography and video few pics below the Darktable software worked wonders on the hot pixels, very happy with the results great to be able to do light trails, Timelapse and video on one camera. Would love to look at the S5 and get that functionality in full frame but the lenses are either expensive or not great.

Uploaded files:
  • P1322647.jpg
  • P1322626.jpg
  • P1322487-Edit.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
Kieran

Hi,

Those are nothing exceptional and I have not edited the images,

I just liked the moments and I thought of taking a snap.

_IMG2558 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2511 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2505 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2500 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2498 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

These images are taken in Barcelona, Spain Europe and try to show common life. The thunderstorm image is blurry even thought the camera was in a tripod (i might have hitted it accidentally) and I was an idiot doing some other things for 2 hours and when I was willing to capture images, the storm was leaving U_U"

A part from this, one is the next building neighbours having a hot summer and hanging their shoes outside (I never saw that, or very few), my street from above, and some of the views I have here.

BR,

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Howdy y'all! Keep up the awesome photos as usual. I've been not so active lately, I just finished getting done a bunch of OT at work and haven't had a lot of down time. 15 days-ish in a row. Tiny photo dump incoming, I've really embraced photographing the garden/insect life around me. So I've been focused on it for 90% of my shooting lately. Anyway it's always a pleasure to see everyone else showcase their PoV and talent! It inspires my own self to work harder at becoming a better photographer.

The 70-300 AF-G is such a great budget telephoto, I had the more modern sharper pulse motor equivalent on my Nikon D3500 when I was newb into photography. Unfortunately the lens would be manual focus only on the ancient film body F80 design, the S2 Pro uses...

Olympus EM10 II 7Artisans 60mm Macro MkII

Fuji Finepix Pro S2 Nikkor 70-300mm AF-G

Nikon Z7 Laowa 100mm 2X Macro

JBP, Bart Kerste and EckyH have reacted to this post.
JBPBart KersteEckyH

These photos were taken with the Olympus E30 and the 18-180 lens. The photos were taken in the small town of Veere. This town is located in Zeeland, on Walcheren. Most people who come to the Netherlands go to Amsterdam. Although Amsterdam is a beautiful city, it is not a good representation of most of the Netherlands. Veere is a small town with a rich history. Founded in the 12th century, as a place where you could cross the water with a ferry. The Veerse Gat, an offshoot of the Oosterschelde, was eventually closed off and a lake, the Veerse Meer, was created. On the lake there is a lot of space for water sports, but there are also protected areas, where nature has priority, and then of course the beautiful town of Veere, where a lot of attention is paid to history, craft, art and culture. If you are ever in the Netherlands, also go to the smaller towns, with a rich history.

Uploaded files:
  • boten.jpeg
  • haven.jpeg
  • veeredorp.jpeg
  • zeilen.jpeg
SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPEckyH
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
PreviousPage 9 of 12Next