Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR AUGUST PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 7 of 12Next

Those are insane!! Absolutely stunning. I can't get over the detail and magnification. 🤯 And the framing, colors, and focus are all great. And on top of all that, they all seem to be looking into the camera!! 😄

disregard

Quote from KankRat on August 11, 2022, 11:10 pm

I haven't had the chance to shoot much,  and even less to perous all the excellent pics here. But on quick glance we have some excellent photos. I have a couple keepers. but this is my fave. Swaller by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Other than killing notorious noise from the D7200 that bokeh is all optical and intentional. 300 f4  wide open and close.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

@sprucebruce These are amazing!! Look at the little feet on that bee! Wow. Very cool!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from KankRat on August 11, 2022, 11:14 pm
Quote from KankRat on August 11, 2022, 11:10 pm

I haven't had the chance to shoot much,  and even less to perous all the excellent pics here. But on quick glance we have some excellent photos. I have a couple keepers. but this is my fave. Swaller by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Other than killing notorious noise from the D7200 that bokeh is all optical and intentional. 300 f4  wide open and close.

Very nice. The shallow depth of field with absolutely everything out of focus except for the bird is mesmerizing.

Some shots from today. The close ups are with my Pentax 18-135mm and a Raynox 150 clip on. The wide angles are with a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5. Not sure why but the exif just shows "Sigma or Tamron lens." 🤷‍♂️

IMGP8890 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8904 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Thanks to SpruceBruce for pointers on macro photography. 🙂
 IMGP9044 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

This one is a heavy crop. Tiny spider waving hello.
 IMGP9121 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9151 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8754 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterkcphotogeekDavid MaynardBart Kerste

Took my K-5 IIs for a spin today. Ooohhh it's so nice. So nice! 🥰

IMGP8009 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8156 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8135 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8114 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7976 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucekcphotogeekPentaxEdDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH

It was a  fairly hot, literally Sunday with remarkable clouds. Perfect for starting to learn how to photograph with the K-5IIm and an orange and a red filter.

I'm still struggling with post processing to get a consistent "pop" out of the images.

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220814_clouds_0001.jpg
  • 20220814_clouds_0002.jpg
  • 20220814_clouds_0003.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardBart Kerste
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Some great photos this month so far, in particular love the nature macro pics @jbp and @sprucebruce . Finally got out for some shutter therapy this month. The below are all taken with the Pentax K-5 w/Sigma 18-35mm.

I'm going through my camera inventory right now there are some cameras that I consider collector items like the Pentax Q or Ricoh GXR modules (not that these can't take good photos) these aren't going to be sold. But for other cameras I'm looking at what I need to take the photos I want, and to achieve that with as little gear as possible. I've been doing a deeper dive into the weaknesses of some of my gear, for example I found a great way to reduce noise on the GH5. I've watched countless videos on YT of gear I own and gear I lust after; however going out and shooting with the K-5 and K-70 showed me something that those videos couldn't, enjoyment.

I've tried most brands out in either DSLR or Mirrorless but the brand I've enjoyed most is Pentax. Sure I see the appeal of Sony having owned a A7 II for over a year and an RX100 in the past, but the only time I enjoyed the A7 II was when I shot it with old vintage glass (Canon, Minolta, Pentax) and for all it's technical superiority I never enjoyed the RX100 like I do the Pentax MX-1. I'm not saying the MX-1 has a soul but you feel it aspires to, the MX-1 is very much Arnie's T-800 with the RX100 being Robert Patrick's T-1000, nobody ever roots for the T-1000. If you don't know what I'm talking about watch Terminator 2 immediately and educate yourself, call in sick to work if required. Pentax even though often technically out matched will find a way and may even have a trick or two up its sleeve that the technically superior competition will be lacking.

This is far more than sentiment, enjoyable photography will often lead to better pictures.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP6730.jpg
  • IMGP6654.jpg
  • IMGP6723.jpg
  • IMGP6704.jpg
  • IMGP6678.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on August 15, 2022, 4:02 am

Some great photos this month so far, in particular love the nature macro pics @jbp and @sprucebruce . Finally got out for some shutter therapy this month. The below are all taken with the Pentax K-5 w/Sigma 18-35mm.

I'm going through my camera inventory right now there are some cameras that I consider collector items like the Pentax Q or Ricoh GXR modules (not that these can't take good photos) these aren't going to be sold. But for other cameras I'm looking at what I need to take the photos I want, and to achieve that with as little gear as possible. I've been doing a deeper dive into the weaknesses of some of my gear, for example I found a great way to reduce noise on the GH5. I've watched countless videos on YT of gear I own and gear I lust after; however going out and shooting with the K-5 and K-70 showed me something that those videos couldn't, enjoyment.

I've tried most brands out in either DSLR or Mirrorless but the brand I've enjoyed most is Pentax. Sure I see the appeal of Sony having owned a A7 II for over a year and an RX100 in the past, but the only time I enjoyed the A7 II was when I shot it with old vintage glass (Canon, Minolta, Pentax) and for all it's technical superiority I never enjoyed the RX100 like I do the Pentax MX-1. I'm not saying the MX-1 has a soul but you feel it aspires to, the MX-1 is very much Arnie's T-800 with the RX100 being Robert Patrick's T-1000, nobody ever roots for the T-1000. If you don't know what I'm talking about watch Terminator 2 immediately and educate yourself, call in sick to work if required. Pentax even though often technically out matched will find a way and may even have a trick or two up its sleeve that the technically superior competition will be lacking.

This is far more than sentiment, enjoyable photography will often lead to better pictures.

Wonderful photos! And I agree with your thoughts 100%. There's so much more to photography than the numbers on spec sheets. What matters most in terms of our equipment is do we enjoy using it?

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek
Quote from JBP on August 15, 2022, 2:56 pm

Wonderful photos! And I agree with your thoughts 100%. There's so much more to photography than the numbers on spec sheets. What matters most in terms of our equipment is do we enjoy using it?

Thank you Josh, much appreciated. The fourth pic was me going back to mimicking Fan Ho a little hadn't done that in a while, want to do more of that.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Kieran
PreviousPage 7 of 12Next