Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR AUGUST PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 5 of 12Next
Quote from ahoyhere on August 6, 2022, 3:56 am

@jbp + @beau-carpenter you guys are killing it with the K10D! I've only been using mine with vintage glass but wow!

These are all with my Sigma fp though.

Tamron BBAR 90mm 2.5 macro:

I got a new(er) lens, a Voigtlander Color Skopar 21mm f/4, to give me a wider angle view for my Ricoh GXR… but first I tried it on the full-frame Sigma fp… they say the lens is contrasty and sharp and they're not joking, it's almost painful!

Wow all those images are so vibrant! And the detail... amazing. I kept zooming in and looking at all the little details. 😃

ahoyhere has reacted to this post.
ahoyhere

Nothing really special this month... I'm just happy and blessed to have the opportunity to explore the world around me, thru new lenses while sharing with others, these unique moments.

As a wise photographer once said;

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”
– Ansel Adams

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0674.jpg
  • IMGP0735.jpg
  • IMGP0835.jpg
  • IMGP0970.jpg
  • IMGP1093.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from PentaxEd on August 6, 2022, 7:11 am

Nothing really special this month... I'm just happy and blessed to have the opportunity to explore the world around me, thru new lenses while sharing with others, these unique moments.

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”
– Ansel Adams

Lovely photos and lovely quote. 🙂 Photography really is a means of self-expression. We all see different things, take photos differently, and have our own unique "language" or style and messages to convey. I like how some photographers are so unique that you know without being told who took the photograph.

Here's another quote you might like that someone shared with me the other day. I thought it perfectly summarized what I love most about photography: that it teaches us to find the beauty in the world around us that we might otherwise miss. A rusty nail can be beautiful and have meaning through photography.

"The true creator may be recognized by his ability to find about him, in the commonest and humblest thing, items worthy of note." - Igor Stravinsky

PentaxEd has reacted to this post.
PentaxEd
Quote from JBP on August 6, 2022, 2:20 pm

– Ansel Adams

Lovely photos and lovely quote. 🙂 Photography really is a means of self-expression. We all see different things, take photos differently, and have our own unique "language" or style and messages to convey. I like how some photographers are so unique that you know without being told who took the photograph.

Here's another quote you might like that someone shared with me the other day. I thought it perfectly summarized what I love most about photography: that it teaches us to find the beauty in the world around us that we might otherwise miss. A rusty nail can be beautiful and have meaning through photography.

"The true creator may be recognized by his ability to find about him, in the commonest and humblest thing, items worthy of note." - Igor Stravinsky

You are absolutely right my friend!

I used to watch a lot of videos on youtube explaining different types of techniques and gear but lately, I've been more interested in learning how to express myself in my photos rather than focus on technical. Things like how to tell a story and develop a photographer eye... Apart from the obvious skills in mastering good light, Im trying to shift focus in finding those patterns, colors, simplicity, different perspectives in a more artistic way... one of the reasons I love James and his channel is how he always emphasize to "go out and shoot wherever you are and with whatever you have". My backyard, my small town in general used to be boring, now, I'm finding myself constantly paying more attention to all these small details and no longer the need to go far or special places in order to capture good images. Plus, I feel much more satisfied to photograph what no one sees or haven't seeing yet, rather than go to the usual common spots everyone already know.

I loved what you said about finding the beauty we may otherwise miss and how a rusty nail can be quite beautiful display a meaningful message...or should I say...

you nailed it!

Cheers!

SpruceBruce, JBP and EckyH have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPEckyH

@pentaxed That simplistic small array of shots are very satisfying! I really dig them, it makes you slow down and appreciate life!

@justintung I spy an Allegiant Airbus lol, beautiful farm shots!

Some actions shots from the stormy week we've had.  EM10 II OLY 75-300II/12-40 Pro.  My shots have evolved to Delta Airbus action now! I'm thinking of sharing my favorite shots from my time at Sun Country in a separate thread.

James Warner, Justin Tung and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterkcphotogeekJBPPentaxEdDavid MaynardEckyH

Less sunset, more a balloonset. 😉

K10D, FA28.

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220806_balloon_0002.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPPentaxEd
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 7, 2022, 5:41 am

@pentaxed That simplistic small array of shots are very satisfying! I really dig them, it makes you slow down and appreciate life!

Some actions shots from the stormy week we've had.  EM10 II OLY 75-300II/12-40 Pro.  My shots have evolved to Delta Airbus action now! I'm thinking of sharing my favorite shots from my time at Sun Country in a separate thread.

These are some great shots! I feel like the images almost straight on with the aircraft could be stills from a movie.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from PentaxEd on August 7, 2022, 1:40 am
Quote from JBP on August 6, 2022, 2:20 pm

– Ansel Adams

You are absolutely right my friend!

I used to watch a lot of videos on youtube explaining different types of techniques and gear but lately, I've been more interested in learning how to express myself in my photos rather than focus on technical. Things like how to tell a story and develop a photographer eye... Apart from the obvious skills in mastering good light, Im trying to shift focus in finding those patterns, colors, simplicity, different perspectives in a more artistic way... one of the reasons I love James and his channel is how he always emphasize to "go out and shoot wherever you are and with whatever you have". My backyard, my small town in general used to be boring, now, I'm finding myself constantly paying more attention to all these small details and no longer the need to go far or special places in order to capture good images. Plus, I feel much more satisfied to photograph what no one sees or haven't seeing yet, rather than go to the usual common spots everyone already know.

I loved what you said about finding the beauty we may otherwise miss and how a rusty nail can be quite beautiful display a meaningful message...or should I say...

you nailed it!

Cheers!

Yes!! To me that's what it's all about. 🙂

Very nice!!

These are amazing!! As an AVGeek and a photo nerd I love them! 🙂 I've spent a lot of time on those Delta planes coming out of MSP. Though now only a few times a year. I hope to be up that away again this fall! A series on Sun Country shots would be great to see!

E-M10II? Here too! 😉

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220808_clouds_0001.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBP
Veni, vidi, serravi.
PreviousPage 5 of 12Next